• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Skittles said:
banhim.gif

And you called me edgy back then skittles :(, love this new daily deals, hope they keep the regular ones, and in case your wondering, todays deal is

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, 75% off.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
On the one hand, I was going to say that this messes up my routine of only checking Steam twice a week for deals

On the other hand, I read the GAF thread every day so I wouldn't have missed anything anyway hahaha

I dunno, I have so many unplayed games in my Steam list that simply being on sale, being a deal isn't enough anymore. It's got to be a game I actually want and will play as soon as I buy it, otherwise what's the point? It's just gotten to the point where I pay more attention to new releases than I do deals. I'd rather buy one I'll actually play than ten that will just moulder in my backlog.

Plus, this is getting specific, it's not like Steam has the most comprehensive collection of crpgs, especially when you're talking about the older classics. I've got a few more rpgs to work through my Steam list (Vampire : The Masquerade - Bloodlines being chief amoung that list with the way you lot go on about it), a few sketchy euro-crpgs on Steam to buy and then I'm makin' me a GoG account.
After I beat Assassin of Kings.

So has anyone got any impressions on Dragon Rising?

I was a big fan of OF 1 and I've got Arma 2 in my library, is Dragon Rising worth picking up?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
scorpscarx said:
And you called me edgy back then skittles :(, love this new daily deals, hope they keep the regular ones, and in case your wondering, todays deal is

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, 75% off.
You're still edgy to me. <3

But you TOTALLY "got" me, as I've been waiting for a Vampire sale to see what the hype is about.

anonnumber6 said:
So has anyone got any impressions on Dragon Rising?

I was a big fan of OF 1 and I've got Arma 2 in my library, is Dragon Rising worth picking up?

There is a demo. But to be honest I also am kinda wondering. I was not impressed by the demo but maybe the full game is better?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Starting today, Steam offers a new 24-hour deal, every single day.

Oh god, goodbye money.

I guess this will even occur over the weekends...

On anther note, Eve is $5, any idea how long it will be on sale for?

Wonderful, as I wanted to get out and enjoy life a bit longer, now I have to content with these daily deals...

Ahh, the old shut up and take my money...

Binabik15

Something something Based Gabe something something

Damn, earlier today I wanted to ask when the big summer sale is, since the weekend/week deals weren´t interesting me and I missed all the big sales. Now this. Should be good.

Uuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Hopefully they´ll put up games that I´ve been eyeing for years on consoles or couldn´t run on my laptop.

Edit: Get some reaction gifs up in this bitch:

2qurabr.gif

This isn't fair. Seriously, its not fair. Ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if this was in part a response to D2D whose sales have been kicking Steam's ass for some time. BUT OMG.

I like the new little flashy window in light blue with a count down timer for the new deals on the front page :p. Also so excited for Witcher 2 tonight!

Salsa

you know, there's no place other than Steam where people would start to put up excuses as to complain about daily deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom