• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

1283206261935.jpg

SteelAttack said:
Ok, Steam, now get to work on these two daily deals:

Anno 1701
Anno 1404 (why is this game not available for me? ;_; )

I recall reading that Ubisoft patched out DRM from the retail version of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery but they wouldn't patch the Steam version as well. So Valve ganked it from the store.

confused

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
I recall reading that Ubisoft patched out DRM from the retail version of Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery but they wouldn't patch the Steam version as well. So Valve ganked it from the store.

I'll never understand publisher's reluctance to remove DRM from games on Steam. The fact that I own the Steam version is proof enough that I own a legit copy.

Don't make me feel like I'm a bad person even though I'm a paying customer.

Yeah I'm too scared to even look in the Witcher 2 thread due to my blackout policy.... when is it unlocking for Steam, tonight?, tomorrow?

I hope this isnt true,
"tivation and playing the game will be possible:
- at 00:01 hour at the night between 15th and 16th May for the Collector's Edition
- at 00:01 hour on 17th May for the Premium Edition
- at 09:01 hour on 17th May for the digital editions
"

Oh damn, it says it will unlock in 19 hours, sad face.

scorpscarx said:
Yeah I'm too scared to even look in the Witcher 2 thread due to my blackout policy.... when is it unlocking, tonight?, tomorrow?

Going by the clock in the store page, The Witcher 2 unlocks tomorrow morning. Given that you can't pre-load the game on Steam, I'm half expecting the download to not work or if it does, to be incredibly slow. I'm going to be playing L.A. Noire while this bugger installs.

LocoMrPollock said:
It's not available for anyone.
Oh. I thought it was region-locked. Sucks even more.

jaundicejuice said:
Fucking Ubisoft. Always behind all shitty things that happen in the gaming world. :mad:

mrgone

Oh NO! I knew there was something I had to do this weekend, and now I'm remembering that thing was to buy SpaceChem. Curses!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
confused said:
I'll never understand publisher's reluctance to remove DRM from games on Steam. The fact that I own the Steam version is proof enough that I own a legit copy.

Don't make me feel like I'm a bad person even though I'm a paying customer.

I think a few of the publishers are still really really sore about their DD stores turning out to be a hot mess so now they have to list their stuff on Steam.

cicero

mrgone said:
Oh NO! I knew there was something I had to do this weekend, and now I'm remembering that thing was to buy SpaceChem. Curses!
If it is anything like the tons of new/newish Indie titles that went on sale in the various incredibly cheap Indie packs during thanksgiving and then also at Christmas, it will most likely end up being much cheaper in a few months.

Joe Molotov

confused said:
So, I bought the SEGA Genesis/MegaDrive collection when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Pretty sure it was all Sega games that were available through Steam, excluding the Sonic games.

How is it possible that I now also own the Sonic games in the Genesis/MD collection ? What happened ? Did they add them later via an update or something ?

Yeah, there was no announcement or anything, the Sonic games just magically appeared in everyone's account that bought the collection.

mrgone

cicero said:
If it is anything like the tons of new/newish Indie titles that went on sale in the various incredibly cheap Indie packs during thanksgiving and then also at Christmas, it will most likely end up being much cheaper in a few months.

That's true, always another sale on the horizon :)

Great thing about Steam is (for me at least), that all of these sales are just icing on the cake.

If nothing was on sale for a year, I wouldn't mind because I love the client. No stress.

Nabs

Joe Molotov said:
Yeah, there was no announcement or anything, the Sonic games just magically appeared in everyone's account that bought the collection.

Some dude from Valve posted this:

All Sonic-related games have been added to the full classic collection pack to those who purchased it up until now.

Bundle pack currently offered on the store, starting now, will not include any Sonic games.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Daily deals?! Fuck you Steam, fuck you! I'm trying to save money for an Xbox 360 over here and i can't afford any more awesome deals.
Anyway i bought Hearts of iron 2: Complete on sunday because it was like 5 bucks (yay sale!) and i always thought that game looked pretty interesting. I found it way easier to get into compared to EU3 thanks in large part to the tutorials which are pretty decent, of course i have only played like an hour so it's possible i could get overwhelm the deeper i get into the game. Also any game that lets me play as a south american country and conquer the shit out of my neighbours is allright by me.
So if you like WW2 and strategy games i would suggest to check it out because it seems pretty cool so far, pretty sure there's a demo somewhere.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22130/?snr=1_4_4__106_1

Steam is absolutely my main gaming platform now... there's just no reason to play games on a console rather than steam now.

The prices are just amazingly good for me being an Australian... it's just absurd the price amazing.

I can't believe that the first DD game that I purchased was Portal 2 and I was so hesitant about it.

Now it just sucks when a game is NOT steamworks.

Within 2 years, everything on PC just MUST be Steam.

I remember a time, about 5+ years ago when I HATED having Steam installed on my PC. LOL. What the hell.

This pretty much means I'm going to end up buying at least two or three games a week now... damn man. If they're 75% off as well.

I bet this came about because of the success of the EA sale, guaranteed that generated and bucket of revenue. But even still, it's kind of like giving software away for free... but, volume is better right? 1 million a $5 is better than 1 hundred thousand at $50 because more people are having fun right? Or is it not better because if only 100,000 have bought it at $50 there are still 900,000 potential buyers?

plc268

Pandoracell said:
From sales to getting on Steam in the first place, Terraria is a surprise to me. It must be good.

It is pretty good, and it's definitely riding on Minecraft's popularity... but I didn't expect it to get that many sales in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom