• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Snuggler said:
So, did anyone buy Fable 3 today? Step forward so that you may be shamed.

I got a friend who wants to do a co-op run with me so I got it. I'm not a Fable hater though, I enjoyed the first 2 well enough for what they were.

So we get 24-hour sales and the normal midweek (and presumably weekend) sales? And one of them is a decent sale on an Activision game? What's happening!? This is madness!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sinatar said:
I got a friend who wants to do a co-op run with me so I got it. I'm not a Fable hater though, I enjoyed the first 2 well enough for what they were.

I liked em both too but I had a lot of problems with F3. It's probably a lot better if you have a co-op partner, though, co-op can make damn near anything fun.

Ettie

Sinatar said:

Is the co-op a copy/paste from Fable II?

You guys are making me want to play Singularity again.

I played it at release and it had such horrible texture streaming problems it really distracted me from the experience. I don't think my opinion of it would change that much with that now fixed (I thought it was enjoyable and solid, but not overly memorable) but it would be nice to play it again without having everything look like an N64 game.

Sinatar

Ettie said:

My understanding is that you actually get to bring your hero in this time. Like a real coop mode as opposed to that nonsense they called coop in F2.

Awesome, been wanting to pick up Singularity for a long time, but was waiting for a price drop/sale. Purchased.

How's the story in the game? Somewhat forgettable or pretty decent? Not sure what to expect going in.

Sinatar

DarkChronic said:
Awesome, been wanting to pick up Singularity for a long time, but was waiting for a price drop/sale. Purchased.

How's the story in the game? Somewhat forgettable or pretty decent? Not sure what to expect going in.

The story is cool, especially if you are into cold war era Soviet intrigue stuff.

It's a great game, I really enjoyed it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DarkChronic said:

Story was really well done IMO.

chixdiggit

hawkshockey11 said:
Does anyone have an impression of Majesty 2?
I like it. It's basically an RTS game except your warriors/archers/mages/etc have a mind of their own. Instead of telling them what to do, you can influence them by offering awards for exploration and killing certain enemies. It's pretty fun in a not so involved kind of way. If you are a hardcore Star Craft player however, this is not for you.

Sinatar

hawkshockey11 said:
Does anyone have an impression of Majesty 2?

It's really awesome. It's kind of an anti-RPG/RTS. Instead of being the hero and completing quests you're the guy trying to entice them to your realm and using quests and rewards to encourage them to defeat your enemies. It's very unique. fun and quite challenging to boot.

There is a demo, I'd give it a whirl.

chixdiggit said:
I like it. It's basically an RTS game except your warriors/archers/mages/etc have a mind of their own. Instead of telling them what to do, you can influence them by offering awards for exploration and killing certain enemies. It's pretty fun in a not so involved kind of way. If you are a hardcore Star Craft player however, this is not for you.

Sinatar said:
It's really awesome. It's kind of an anti-RPG/RTS. Instead of being the hero and completing quests you're the guy trying to entice them to your realm and using quests and rewards to encourage them to defeat your enemies. It's very unique. fun and quite challenging to boot.

Thanks!

It sounds very interesting, but I think I will pass. I don't want to blow all my daily deal money on games that won't get much play time and I am not totally sure on. I want to keep some of my dignity.

Cipherr

Sinatar said:

Bought, seems like my kinda game, and the videos looked good. Didnt even know this existed, but it might be fun to play later on this year when it gets cold out and nothings going on.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Picked up Singularity. I'm fascinated by the Cold War, so it should be worth my $10. Will probably hold off on playing it till this weekend though, when I get my parts in from Newegg.

Anyway, how long a game is it?

Dwayne

Syphon Filter said:
Do Steam game categories stay saved on the account? like if i log into my account in another PC will they still be saved?

I think this changed recently and it now does save to cloud.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, just switched computers, redownloaded the Steam client. I have my old Steam folder backed up on a USB drive.

How/where do I move the data so that I don't have to lose anything?

heyf00L

The Broken Ska Record said:
What's the general consensus on Singularity? I'm tempted to pick it up for $10.

Ah, fuck it. I'm already balls deep in my Steam backlog. Might as well throw more on the fire.
Another response might have been not to throw more fuel on the fire.

WanderingWind said:
Okay, just switched computers, redownloaded the Steam client. I have my old Steam folder backed up on a USB drive.

You can just create a new directory under program files for steam, then copy the steam apps folder and the steam.exe to said directory, and launch it. It will rebuild in that location

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Mr Nightman said:
You can just create a new directory under program files for steam, then copy the steam apps folder and the steam.exe to said directory, and launch it. It will rebuild in that location

Awesome. Thanks.

Ettie said:

It's a lot better done, you can do pretty much anything. Even co-op sex...

There's a lot of other stuff the game does worse than Fable 1 and 2, but co-op is one part they got pretty right.

Amneisac

I feel obligated to warn everyone about Singularity:

THE FOV IS TOTALLY FUCKED!

It makes me sick to play for more than 5 or 10 minutes and there's no way to adjust the FOV (there might be a way to do it with a no cd crack modded exe but I'm not risking it with Steam).

There are lots of people who experience problems with this game and the FOV. If you're at all sensitive to games that have this problem take caution.

That is all.

WanderingWind said:

Just copy it from the USB drive to wherever you want it and run Steam from there. It'll rebuild anything it needs. No need to even reinstall.

Amneisac said:
I feel obligated to warn everyone about Singularity:

THE FOV IS TOTALLY FUCKED!

It makes me sick to play for more than 5 or 10 minutes and there's no way to adjust the FOV (there might be a way to do it with a no cd crack modded exe but I'm not risking it with Steam).

There are lots of people who experience problems with this game and the FOV. If you're at all sensitive to games that have this problem take caution.

That is all.

It was fine for me, and several others in this thread. You sure it's not a problem with your settings?

Is there any way to install new games on Steam that you have a CD key for, but not the actual CD?

I bought 2 copies of Portal 2 at Gamestop, because they were on sale for $30 a piece. One for me, one for my girlfriend. I won't see her til this weekend, but she really wants to play now..

XeroSauce

Ajemsuhgao said:
Is there any way to install new games on Steam that you have a CD key for, but not the actual CD?

I bought 2 copies of Portal 2 at Gamestop, because they were on sale for $30 a piece. One for me, one for my girlfriend. I won't see her til this weekend, but she really wants to play now..

Go to your Steam Library, go to Add a Game in the bottom left, Activate a Product and enter the CD key.

Echoplx

Ajemsuhgao said:

Yes, if you give her the CD key then she can register it on Steam and download it.

Ajemsuhgao said:

go to games, and activate a product on steam

Anyone planning on buying Portal 2? I have a extra copy of it and would like to trade it for The Witcher 2 or Deus Ex: HR.

If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

Joe Molotov said:
Sex with each other, or double-teaming?

Each other for sure. I know there's a "group sex" tracker in the stats but I never tried to set up anything like that in the game, so you'll have to experiment for yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom