• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Skittles said:
I think the daily sales could easily be themed for a week for just that sort of thing.

In fact, after the EA Week, I'm almost certain that is what will happen.
They've done publisher themed weeks before, and they most likely will do it after.

StuBurns

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
In the last 12 months, it's been on sale 3 times: $6.80 last summer, $5 last Christmastime, $10 in January.

Edit: Valve Complete Pack includes it as well, and that was $69 last summer and $49 last Christmas. Depending on if you own/want L4D/2/HL2/Portal/etc you might be better off going that way.
Did you look that up somewhere?

As for what I'm after, I have the other Valve stuff I want yeah. I'm not sure I'd play it much, so I want to grab it on the cheap, but I'm in no rush. Thank you.

PaulLFC

I really want to buy Worms, but even at 50% off, the awful exchange rate Team 17 has decided to use is putting me off. $10 does not, and should not, equal £9.

I remember asking Team 17 why the conversion rate was so bad back when it was released, their response was something about "Steam setting the price bands, we can't change the prices", which clearly isn't true, as no other company, besides possibly Ubisoft with the older Splinter Cell games, has such a bad $/£ conversion rate.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
StuBurns said:
Did you look that up somewhere?

As for what I'm after, I have the other Valve stuff I want yeah. I'm not sure I'd play it much, so I want to grab it on the cheap, but I'm in no rush. Thank you.
Not sure what he used, but I found this: http://www.steamgamesales.com/

Seems OK, complete with what appears to be an accurate price history for each title.

Mr_Zombie

So... how are Worms Reloaded in the long run? I've only played the demo and to be honest, didn't enjoy it that much :( The game felt like a watered down Armageddon/WWP, and the UI was obviously made for consoles (why everything need to be so damn huge?). However, my WWP copy doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 and it seems there's no fix (there's a patch floating around the Internet, but it didn't help) and thus Reloeaded is the only 2d Worms I can play. Is the game worth it?

gdt

Ooh, I've had my eye on that game...... $10 is a great deal. What's GAF's take on it?

(I can see that this is the start of my steam backlog...)

How will it run on a AMD 6770m?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
ClosingADoor said:
What the hell is going on. Daily Deal and TWO Midweek Madness deals.

And none I'm interested in at the moment...
I've seen multiple Midweek Madness sales before, I think. But yeah, seems like they're going all-out by doing multiple Midweek Madness sales and Daily Deals. Not that I'm complaining...

ArchAngel

Does somebody know if the german steam version of Singularity is uncut?

And if not: Is it possible to get the uncut version of Singularity by gifting?

So, they're not dropping Midweek Madness (even 2 on the same day!), I can suppose that Weekend Deals are on too...
And now Today's Deals every day...

I must say Steam... I'm impress. Bravo!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Singularity, barring one 2 minute segment that can be rage inducing, is one of the best shooters I played in a while. It takes an hour or so to build up steam, but once it gets there, it's a goddamn ride to the finish.

The only bad thing about it is that we will probably never get to see a Singularity 2 :(

Joe Molotov

DisenLedZep said:
So, they're not dropping Midweek Madness (even 2 on the same day!), I can suppose that Weekend Deals are on too...
And now Today's Deals every day...

I must say Steam... I'm impress. Bravo!

Daily Deals + Midweek Deals + Weekend Deals + Weeklong Deals = scanner.gif

Oreoleo

LastWindow said:
Is anyone else getting a 32MB download for Amnesia that isn't downloading? It just sits there paused. I can't resume or anything.

I was all ready to say you are crazy and it's something on your end, but no I got the same thing going on over here.

gdt

Oh well, bought Singularity. Hope I can run it. "Can you run it" bugs out on me for some reason, but I should be able to run it no sweat.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SalsaShark said:
wait what

why is Singularity on sale ?

i need 6 bucks UGHGHHGHG
If it was 6$, I would have bought it blindly. Heh.

I'm also getting a download for Killing Floor, could it just be the Potato pack shit getting re-added?

Salsa

shintoki said:
If it was 6$, I would have bought it blindly. Heh.

kXTRU.png

worst part about the steam wallet, lol i culdnt even buy a 5 dollar game right now :(

Kerrinck

Trying to buy Singularity and Honest Hearts but I get this error message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."
Anyone ever get this? It appears even before taking me to the paypal window so I am sure it is not related to my cc.

SalsaShark said:
kXTRU.png

worst part about the steam wallet, lol i culdnt even buy a 5 dollar game right now :(
It's not the worst part of it, it's the only part of it. The system was designed to put you in that situation. You're constantly going to have some amount in there or be forced to buy something you don't really want.

confused

Banned
SalsaShark said:
kXTRU.png

Best part is that you can use the money in your wallet for a 5 buck purchase and only charge 35cents to your creditcard/bankaccount.

Kerrinck said:
Trying to buy Singularity and Honest Hearts but I get this error message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."
Anyone ever get this? It appears even before taking me to the paypal window so I am sure it is not related to my cc.

I've had that before, usually at times with heavy traffic. Try again at a later time, should work then.

Gilgamesh

Bought Singularity. Will play someday (soon).

LastWindow said:
Is anyone else getting a 32MB download for Amnesia that isn't downloading? It just sits there paused. I can't resume or anything.
Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

Salsa

confused said:
Best part is that you can use the money in your wallet for a 5 buck purchase and only charge 35cents to your creditcard/bankaccount.

but the worst part is when you have some CC fees to pay and cant add any funds in it atm :p

confused

Banned
SalsaShark said:
but the worst part is when you have some CC fees to pay and cant add any funds in it atm :p

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !! lol

I know the feeling, I must have Singularity but I don't get paid till friday and all I have left is money for groceries(Wife will kill me if I touch that, litterally). Sucks big-time but maybe I can get a mate to spot for me

KarmaCow

LastWindow said:

Yup. I tried the resume all downloads button and now I'm apparently downloading the Serious Sam: First Encounter Demo (I already own the full game) and the Darkest Hour Server, whatever that is, but they aren't even appearing in the download tab. I paused it since I'm close to my cap but it's kinda annoying having it say there are 3 paused downloads with no way to clear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom