• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

crimsonheadGCN said:
For the vast majority of new GFWL titles, Valve will not sell a title in a region if it's not a Live supported region.
But but but, I have Batman, DOWII and Dirt 2. I don't have SFIV vanilla because I already bought it on consoles but I can see it for purchase on steam :(

I hope it becomes available in the future.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dizzy-4U said:
But but but, I have Batman, DOWII and Dirt 2. I don't have SFIV vanilla because I already bought it on consoles but I can see it for purchase on steam :(

I hope it becomes available in the future.
It's the newer games. Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2, F1 2010, Dirt 3 aren't available on our region either... stupid Live :/

Dizzy-4U said:
Can I bypass that with the gift system?

Yes, just ask someone to gift it to you. It is allowed by Valve.

Or you could try to make a VPN, although this method is reproved by Valve (and subject to punishment, although I never heart about anyone being caught).

vocab

Twig said:
Worse, actually. At least Nintendo doesn't [usually] release only slightly updated versions of the game on the same platform.

Mario Galaxy 1, and Mario galaxy 2 are pretty much the same fucking game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vocab said:
Mario Galaxy 1, and Mario galaxy 2 are pretty much the same fucking game.
op1smoqoec.gif

Relax.MX

I just process a new credit card exclusively for online purchases(...of course Steam), and the bank give me the opportunity to put the image I want

I had thought of this:

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

Any other suggestions?

Relax.MX said:
I just process a new credit card exclusively for online purchases(...of course Steam), and the bank give me the opportunity to put the image I want

I had thought of this:

Any other suggestions?

GAF logo or the Steam logo.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dizzy-4U said:
Can I bypass that with the gift system?
I'd say yes, as long as you have an account on a Live supported region and GfWL doesn't check IPs.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Xamdou said:
They have Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition for pre-order on steam! Releases in July ;O!
Fuck, it's not available on my region, FUCK FUCK FUCK. The 4pack is 30 bucks a piece, such a great deal.

TheExodu5

Banned
Disappointing price, but Rift is a great MMO. Very WoW in style, but the game has a much greater sense of exploration. Totally recommended for anyone wanting a new MMO to play.

TheExodu5 said:
Disappointing price, but Rift is a great MMO. Very WoW in style, but the game has a much greater sense of exploration. Totally recommended for anyone wanting a new MMO to play.

I like how Greenman has Rift at 50% off and Valve only offers it at 33% off.

TheExodu5 said:
I'll wait for it to drop to $20. Just grabbed FFXIV for $20 after a couple of trades. That's my general rule of thumb with MMOs. I won't pay more than $20 for the client. If I don't like it after the first month at least I don't feel like I've paid too much.

TheExodu5

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I'll wait for it to drop to $20. Just grabbed FFXIV for $20 after a couple of trades. That's my general rule of thumb with MMOs. I won't pay more than $20 for the client. If I don't like it after the first month at least I don't feel like I've paid too much.

$25 on GMG as posted above. Since this is an MMO, there is little benefit to having the Steam version. And well, let's just say that this game will feel like it's worth far more than an extra $5 when compared to FFXIV. :p

TheExodu5 said:
$25 on GMG as posted above. Since this is an MMO, there is little benefit to having the Steam version. And well, let's just say that this game will feel like it's worth far more than an extra $5 when compared to FFXIV. :p
I would have jumped on that right now if I had not already grabbed this. Also picked up EVE for $5 this week.

webrunner

Do you like games that have names that end in "Rift" that cost about a multiple of ten of 3.40 and are a multiple of 33% off? Steam has you covered!

TheExodu5

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
I've always wondered that.. why are these MMO clients still $50 on release when there's a monthly fee attached to them?

That makes zero sense to me.

Because they cost an enormous amount of money to develop. They depend heavily on day 1 sales to recoup much of the development costs.

Princess Skittles said:
I've always wondered that.. why are these MMO clients still $50 on release when there's a monthly fee attached to them?

That makes zero sense to me.
I assume it is to recoup the cost of production. The monthly fee is for maintenance. Still, the price should drop dramatically after a year. I remember getting the Everquest client for free.

cackhyena

Am I missing something when it comes to plugging in a 360 controller to try out on Source games? I thought they work for it. Just tried it for the first time in Portal 1. Clicked on the game pad preferences and nothing. Help?

cackhyena said:
Am I missing something when it comes to plugging in a 360 controller to try out on Source games? I thought they work for it. Just tried it for the first time in Portal 1. Clicked on the game pad preferences and nothing. Help?

I don't know about Portal 2 but I tried using a pad in Portal 1 and HL2 a long time ago and it worked but very poorly. I ended up having to use M&K for Source games. They may have improved support over time, I don't know.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dr. Zoidberg said:
FYI, Metal Drift is pretty much devoid of any Single Player content. There are bot matches but that's it. I'll avoid.
Well, it has more single player content than DIPRIP, which doesn't even have bots. You gain more weapons as you play matches, which adds some incentive.

I suggest that people at least check out the demo, if only for the sound design. Some of the best I've heard in an indie game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom