• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArjanN said:
I think it's the extra story they did for the Portal 2 ARG that's now available again.

Yes, and it's (Justine) awesome, play it.

Be prepared for
the game to close to windows as soon as you die, crawling on the floor, being called a cunt by a monster.
:)

Not really a spoiler.

MacGurcules said:
That's something I was wondering. Can I voluntarily give up a game on Steam? Like if I got a game that was so terrible I can't stand the sight of it, can I email somebody in Steam support and have it permanently stricken from my account?

If that were an option, it would be mentioned in the user agreement for Steam.

I don't think it is an option. Just create a "hellhole" category and dumb it in there.
Personally, I prefer "the shed" for obvious reasons.

Some games usually from EA on Steam require a cd key that you can get by right clicking the game. My question is if i can enter the cd key in offline mode or do i have to be online to enter them? I don't have the games yet but curious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Obsessed said:
I'm thinking of buying Amnesia. Is it worth it at the current price or should I wait for a sale?

I'd argue 'yes', but the mid-year sale should be just over a month away (towards the end of June). If you have other games to bide the time, just wait. It'll go for half-off at least.

The copy of EVE Online I grabbed disconnects Windows 7 from the Internet every time I try to connect from the server. I exit out of the game, establish the connection again but the same shit happens over and over again.

Any tips?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Would anyone like to be my friend?
foreveralone.jpg

IWYJol.jpg

Terraria 4-Pack ($7.50 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA
3. kurtrussel

Checking with biocat for the fourth. If he declines, there will still be a spot open.

EDIT: While I'm at it, Super Street Fighter IV:AE 4-Pack also started. I will request payment once all four slots are taken. In addition, I am requesting that payments be made via Paypal as gift payments to avoid any fees. When all payments are received, copies will be gifted. PM me if you want in.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA

Shambles

If anyone is looking to get the TF2 medic acheivement for ubercharging ten steam friends I'll be logging into TF2. Send me a friend invite and join whatever server i'm on. Username is Shambles.

server 68.232.171.187:27015

Blizzard

Banned
I thought for some reason I was holding out on Sniper: Ghost Warrior, like DRM, but eh. I don't really care about multiplayer, and I like the engine. I may decide to toss $5 at it anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sniper was actually a lot of fun. The sniping feels incredibly gratifying and some of the levels look quite lovely. It didn't overstay it's welcome and I really enjoyed just playing it while in Mumble chatting with friends. It has some pretty bad run and gun segments, though.

People will shit on it with never touching it though so oh well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
While I generally don't let things like Metacritic get in the way (typically anything over a 65ish will get a look), that 55/100 is pretty foreboding.

I think I'll pass on this one :\

Rapstah

Huh, Amnesia: The Dark Descent just updated and the instant it did, Avast found a virus in its folder. False alarm or did that really happen?

Echoplx

Rapstah said:
Huh, Amnesia: The Dark Descent just updated and the instant it did, Avast found a virus in its folder. False alarm or did that really happen?

Well you're using Avast so there's your problem :p

Nothing came up on Nod32

Terraria 4-Pack ($7.50 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA
3. kurtrussel

Pending:
biocat - Checking to see if he still wants in for the fourth slot. If he declines, there will be a spot open.

Waiting/Interest for second pack:
Lothars
Mikaju

* If biocat drops, these gaffers are next on the list. I will start a second pack if enough people are interested.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. Mikaju
3. Airan

I will request payment once all four slots are taken. In addition, I am requesting that payments be made via Paypal as gift payments to avoid any fees. When all payments are received, copies will be gifted. PM me if you want in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom