• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
RbBrdMan said:
Would anyone like to be my friend?
foreveralone.jpg

IWYJol.jpg

Yeah, I'll add you.

nyong

Banned
I wouldn't mind jumping in on a Terraria 4-Pack. Paypal is free to use to send money, right?

EDIT: I figured it out. An extra $0.51 through the debit card. Yeah, I'm in.

Blizzard

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Well you're using Avast so there's your problem :p

Nothing came up on Nod32
I don't remember ever seeing a false positive from any programs, but I haven't played Amnesia. I guess your mileage may vary. I've been happy with it.

*edit* I mean, with Avast.

plc268

TouchMyBox said:
I think I've been going 9+ years now without anything. :)

Eh, I used to be the same way, but with browser exploits coming out all the time, it's just safer and easier to use MSE.

It used to be that the only way you were going to get viruses were if you were browsing shady sites, filesharing, or opening email attachments... but nowadays a harmless JPG on a user content driven site (like a forum) could house an exploit. The chances of something like that are low, but running an antivirus isn't as performance heavy as it used to be, so I don't mind it.

EDIT: In the interest of getting Terraria out today, I have re-arranged the list and started a second pack. Payment requests for Terraria 4-Pack #1 have been sent!

Terraria 4-Pack #1 ($7.50 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
3. kurtrussel
4. Lothars -PAID

Terraria 4-Pack #2 ($7.50 each)
1. Mikaju
2. nyong
3. FloppyDelux

Waiting/Interested
biocat

* If biocat drops, these gaffers are next on the list. I will start a second pack if enough people are interested.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
2. Mikaju- PAID
3. Airan
4. DarthWufei - PAID

Update: Payment requests for first SSFIV: AE pack sent!

Waiting/Interested:
LastWindow

Those on the waiting list or interested in additional packs will take the place of anyone that fails to make payment from the original list. They will also be first in line when a new pack is created. New packs will not be created until there is enough interest to get at least 3/4 participants.

I will request payment once all four slots are taken. In addition, I am requesting that payments be made via Paypal as gift payments to avoid any fees. When all payments are received, copies will be gifted. PM me if you want in.

Please include your Steam ID when you PM me. Thanks!

nexen

Joe Molotov said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II just got a permanent price drop to $20. Interesting that the first TFU is still $30.
TFU is far better than TFU2, imho.
TFU PC is buggy though.

Joe Molotov

Syphon Filter said:
When a 3rd party Steam game has a cd-key is that ever required for single player portion of games?

Yeah, sometimes. Generally if it uses Starforce, I think, you have to activate it before you can play it.

TheBez

Terraria is at #1 on top sellers. Over Withcer 2 and the BLOPS Map Pack. That's pretty insane, though I expect it to fall #2 to the BLOPS pack soon.

hamchan

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
EDIT: In the interest of getting Terraria out today, I have re-arranged the list and started a second pack. Payment requests for Terraria 4-Pack #1 have been sent!

1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
3. kurtrussel
4. Lothars -PAID

1. Mikaju
2. nyong
3. FloppyDelux

Waiting/Interested
biocat

* If biocat drops, these gaffers are next on the list. I will start a second pack if enough people are interested.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each)
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
2. Mikaju- PAID
3. Airan
4. DarthWufei - PAID

Update: Payment requests for first SSFIV: AE pack sent!

Waiting/Interested:
LastWindow

Those on the waiting list or interested in additional packs will take the place of anyone that fails to make payment from the original list. They will also be first in line when a new pack is created. New packs will not be created until there is enough interest to get at least 3/4 participants.

I will request payment once all four slots are taken. In addition, I am requesting that payments be made via Paypal as gift payments to avoid any fees. When all payments are received, copies will be gifted. PM me if you want in.

Please include your Steam ID when you PM me. Thanks!
I'll join the line for SSF4

1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID
3. kurtrussel
4. Lothars -PAID

1. Mikaju
2. nyong
3. FloppyDelux
4. biocat - Tentative

Waiting/Interested
biocat
vermadas

Those waiting will take the place of anyone that fails payment or decides to drop from the list.

Please include the e-mail address you want the gift sent to when you PM me. Thanks!

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition- COMPLETE
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. Mikaju
3. Airan
4. DarthWufei

Update: I didn't realize I can only gift to those on my friendlist by Steam ID so I sent all copies of SSFIV:AE from the first 4-pack to the paypal e-mails provided. Let me know if you need a resend.

Also, I had to cancel the second SSFIV:AE 4-pack because I forgot that the pre-order for this on my other account would cause a conflict. If there is a way to purchase games you already own on Steam that I am unaware of, please let me know.

graywolf323

I need to go through my Steam friends list and start removing people who haven't been on in say a year or more

that silly treasure chest contest back in December completely bloated up my friends list :p

ok, soo having a problem on gamersgate, bought the original splinter cell for 4 bucks today, downloaded it, and keep getting a missing setup.exe error, just wondering if anyones dealt with this before?

Mr Nightman said:
ok, soo having a problem on gamersgate, bought the original splinter cell for 4 bucks today, downloaded it, and keep getting a missing setup.exe error, just wondering if anyones dealt with this before?

I've bought quite a few games from them and never had a problem.

Fredescu

Mr Nightman said:
I had this error once when I was trying to install a Gamers Gate game from a network location (from my NAS). Once I copied it to a local hard drive it was fine.

SteamGuard is dumb and isn't sending me my fucking email when I try to log into a different computer. I get the email telling me that I made a steam support account but not the damn code to verify I can get on my email.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Update: I didn't realize I can only gift to those on my friendlist by Steam ID so I sent all copies of SSFIV:AE from the first 4-pack to the paypal e-mails provided. Let me know if you need a resend.
Got mine, thanks man, you're the best. :)

Whoo! I guess I should get an arcade stick now?

SteveWinwood said:
SteamGuard is dumb and isn't sending me my fucking email when I try to log into a different computer. I get the email telling me that I made a steam support account but not the damn code to verify I can get on my email.
Still not fixed grrrrrrr

1. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID - Redeemed!
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA - PAID - Redeemed!
3. kurtrussel
4. Lothars - PAID - Redeemed!

1. Mikaju
2. nyong - PAID - Redeemed!
3. FloppyDelux
4. biocat - PAID - Game sent!

Payment requests sent!
I am requesting that payments be made via Paypal as gift payments to avoid any fees. When payments are received, copies will be gifted. Please include the e-mail address you want the game gifted to when you send payment.

Depending on when I receive the payment there may be a delay in gifting your copy. I will be heading out to the lake around 11AM EST on Saturday and will not be returning until Sunday afternoon. I will gift everything for payments received prior to that time. Everything else will be gifted when I return on Sunday.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each) - COMPLETE
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. Mikaju
3. Airan
4. DarthWufei

stOex said:
added both :)

EDIT: added quite a few other people from the last two pages.
my ID: acousticdigital

I added you as well. My ID is Dosuchin. Anyone is free to add me.

Well I bought Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Hope I don't regret it.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried downloading the Sniper: Ghost Warrior demo from techpowerup. I got an install error about DirectX setup, but the install seemed to finish otherwise. I then tried to launch the demo and got an expired message. Is there still a working demo anywhere?

All packs complete, all payments received, and all games have been gifted and redeemed! Enjoy!

Terraria 4-Pack #1 ($7.50 each) - COMPLETE
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. ROBOKITTYZILLA
3. kurtrussel
4. Lothars

Terraria 4-Pack #2 ($7.50 each) - COMPLETE
1. Mikaju
2. nyong
3. FloppyDelux
4. biocat

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ($30 each) - COMPLETE
1. ROBOKITTYZILLA
2. Mikaju
3. Airan
4. DarthWufei

Echoplx

Some interesting entries in the registry:

Prince of Persia complete pack
Nippon DLC for Magicka
Cursed Crusade beta

There is also a AMD OEM entry for Deus Ex: HR and a Nvidia OEM entry for Duke Nukem so expect those games in bundles with video cards.

3chopl0x said:

Nippon DLC for Magicka
Cursed Crusade beta

There is also a AMD OEM entry for Deus Ex: HR and a Nvidia OEM entry for Duke Nukem so expect those games in bundles with video cards.
I check the registry daily hoping to see Red Orchestra 2 preorder added but no :(

nyong

Banned
I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like an entitled douche, but cloud saving really should be the standard for indie titles. I can't imagine I'm the only one who plays on both their desktop and (weak) laptop. Does anyone know if you can still unlock achievements if you bounce save files back-and-forth?

Volcynika

3chopl0x said:

Nippon DLC for Magicka
Cursed Crusade beta

Good, Cursed Crusade! Wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom