• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

K701

Banned
I'm still interested in a SSF4 pack if anyone is looking for someone, but it has to be by amazon payments or anything that isn't paypal.

Joe Molotov said:
I've owned every single one of those. Except Sniper. Which I bought.
Owned 0 bought 0, these sales are making it too easy to resist. Would've bought Sniper if it wasn't for the ridiculous German pricing.

NIN90

Phife Dawg said:
Owned 0 bought 0, these sales are making it too easy to resist. Would've bought Sniper if it wasn't for the ridiculous German pricing.

It's like the wanted to prevent us from buying that butchered version.

If anyone if thinking/considering about peggle nights, just buy buy buy.

I am drunk as a lord but thats beside the point. Buy the shit out of Peggle nights. So good

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit, i wanted to get in on Sniper, stupid internet being down.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
3chopl0x said:
Some interesting entries in the registry:

Prince of Persia complete pack
Nippon DLC for Magicka
Cursed Crusade beta

There is also a AMD OEM entry for Deus Ex: HR and a Nvidia OEM entry for Duke Nukem so expect those games in bundles with video cards.
For those who care, some more info on the Nippon DLC:
The Magicka Nippon DLC, created by Arrowhead Games, contains everything a wizard could need to honor their Far-East friends in a time of need. The DLC includes 1 Kimono robe, 1 Katana - "Yawarakai-Te" (cuts through armor) and 1 Bamboo Staff - "Staff of Endurance" (resistance to all elements).

Cities in Motion: Tokyo and Magicka: Nippon are both releasing on May 31st throughout all digital download portals. Paradox Interactive will donate 50% of net revenue per unit sold of the CiM Expansion and Magicka DLC for 3 days (5/31-6/3) to the Japan Relief Support program.
Magicka website

kamspy

All my non steam games are sticking in their categories now except for one. AAArrrrrr.

Is there a definitive fix yet? Seems like such a simple thing to implement correctly......

Nabs

The Broken Ska Record said:
I hope Magicka goes on sale soon. I missed out before when I only had my MBP.
It's 5 on Impulse. I've never used Impulse, so I don't know if it's worth the hassle. The game is Steamworks, so I guess you can just take the key and throw it into Steam.

So, i gotta say guys, I LOVE STEAM. Steam is really something special and i hope that it continues to be at the forefront of the DD market. I just installed Portal 2 and as it finishes installing from the disk, it says that any downloads should now start and as i peer down to look at my steam icon, it goes into download mode. Amazing how seamless the process is, not xbox not Ps3 or anyone else does it so perfectly. Just my 2cents of course, but whatever.

Xapati

Chinese Electric Batman said:
More terrible daily deals, yay.

Isn't that what these deals are for? To give older not so popular titles some chance to sell? There are only a finite number of excellent games and you can only put them on sale so often.

Luigi87

Xapati said:
Isn't that what these deals are for? To give older not so popular titles some chance to sell? There are only a finite number of excellent games and you can only put them on sale so often.

I agree, I see it as putting games on sale that aren't worth (for lack of a better term) dedicating the midweek or weekend sales to.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, Peggle Nights is a pretty good game, but maybe Valve Figured they had to actually throw a good game in the mix.

Volcynika

Drkirby said:
Well, Peggle Nights is a pretty good game, but maybe Valve Figured they had to actually throw a good game in the mix.

Because no one has enjoyed any of the daily deals put up thus far. Ok.

EDIT: Today's is Cities XL for 66% off

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spwn said:
Daily deal:
Cities XL -66%

Didn't this game have a major bug that the development team refused to fix and hoped it would be fixed in Cities XL 2011?
Never heard of such a thing, but they did turn offline mode off for this version. Maybe you are thinking of the lack of Multi-core support?

Drkirby said:
Never heard of such a thing, but they did turn offline mode off for this version. Maybe you are thinking of the lack of Multi-core support?
Was this the city building game that needed a monthly subscription and had that whole planet thing going on with lots of cities from different players?

Spwn

Am I blind or am I not able to purchase any of the MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers expansions separately? I already have the first two expansions, but not the third. I only see them bundled together.

Drkirby said:

That may be. I don't really remember that well, but there was something worth complaining about the game.

Spwn said:
Daily deal:
Cities XL -66%

Didn't this game have a major bug that the development team refused to fix and hoped it would be fixed in Cities XL 2011?

I believe that the original development team behind Cities XL lost funding and went out of business, so they were unable to continue patching the title. A new development team was assigned the franchise, but only to work on the future versions (2011 and above).

Shahadan

I know a guy who worked on Cities XL and almost everyday he told me how disorganized the team was and how the development was a mess because they had no other goal than "make a thing like sim city". Poor balancing and rushed job, etc.

Dunno if he was right.

Spwn said:
Am I blind or am I not able to purchase any of the MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers expansions separately? I already have the first two expansions, but not the third. I only see them bundled together.
Yes, it seems the expansions aren't available alone anymore?

I just realized MtG 2012 is less than 3 weeks away.

Baha

legacyzero said:
Can somebody sell Cities XL to me? It looks cool..

-Is there a game to compare it to?
-Run good?
-etc.

My brother bought it on Impulse and after a patch he was no longer able to launch the game. As mentioned above, the team that worked on the title and who were patching it are gone and it hasn't been patched since so I would pass on this one.

legacyzero

Banned
damn... the game looks good too...

thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Just looked at the steam forums for it. Yeah, it's a MESS. TONS of threads complaining of errors.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok someone sell me on The Universe Sandbox... that thing looks... fun... but I always need some feedback for it =P

Maaseru

Banned
So Team Fortress Classic is $5 . Are there people still playing that? That was my first online multiplayer love and would love to play in nostalgia .

MRORANGE

Maaseru said:
So Team Fortress Classic is $5 . Are there people still playing that? That was my first online multiplayer love and would love to play in nostalgia .

very unlikely the userbase would still be active, it's been like 10+ years since launch.

Slavik81

tfcServers2011.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom