• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presco

For whatever reason it seems like you can't order with a Canadian credit card. Anybody have any luck? Would anyone be willing to buy a couple of games and let me paypal them the money? All I need are steam keys, correct? I'm interested in Metro and Chaos Rising. You'd make a friend!

Minsc

Gold Member
teiresias said:
I've been wanting a more sci-fi-ish game to play since fantasy is starting to get tiring and old. Warhammer looks like it's at least different enough from regular fantasy to be refreshing. I tend to suck at RTS games though, so I haven't decided yet.

Get the DoW 2 + CR bundle or individually or whatever's cheaper, no RTS skills required for the games. Other than being able to use keyboard shortcuts I guess :)

Zzoram

teiresias said:
I've been wanting a more sci-fi-ish game to play since fantasy is starting to get tiring and old. Warhammer looks like it's at least different enough from regular fantasy to be refreshing. I tend to suck at RTS games though, so I haven't decided yet.

Dawn of War isn't RTS so you're ok. It's more like DOTA than RTS.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I bought Magicka because I liked seeing that it had patch notes every day on my RSS feed and because Steam told me my entire friends list bought it.

Attack on multiple fronts.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stallion Free said:
I bought Magicka because I liked seeing that it had patch notes every day on my RSS feed and because Steam told me my entire friends list bought it.

Product support gives me a boner. Almost bought Supreme Commander 2 due to it.

Oh hey, what a good opportunity to blah blah blah where's my 16:9 in King's Bounty.

Davidion

Lyphen said:
Product support gives me a boner. Almost bought Supreme Commander 2 due to it.

Oh hey, what a good opportunity to blah blah blah where's my 16:9 in King's Bounty.

You can pull yourself away from trying to perfect every fight long enough to notice the resolution support?

I consider you a lucky man.

graywolf323

Weenerz said:
If EA doesn't pull a Dragon Age 2 with the steam release of Crysis 2, I might get it.

I think you mean pulling a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit since it didn't even go up on Steam until a month after release

Stallion Free said:

You are not on my friends list, you have failed!

add me :p

amrod

THQ Sale Working

Metro 2033
Darksiders
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
Saints Row 2
MX vs ATV Reflex

Not Working
Juiced 2
Titan Quest

Post more and i'll update :)

amrod

From Direct2Drive With Coupon "snowblows"

Your Products Quantity Price
Homefront 1 $49.95 Remove

-$7.49
Blizzard 2011 15% Discount. Congrats! was added.
Subtotal:
$42.46
Total Cost:
$42.46

Steamworks game so should work on steam... :)

So I bought Darksiders and Metro 2033 and activated it with Steam. Amazing games. Best 20 bucks you can spend (well maybe).

But Darksiders keeps freezing every few minutes. This is pissing me off, especially since I am really enjoying it (didn't think it would be this good). If I disable Steam in game will it disable achievements? I just want to play it. :(

EDIT: Launching the game from Start>Games instead of the Steam Library fixed the freezing. wtf?

Damn this game is good.

Shaneus

Diablohead said:
Still pissed that thq won't sell chaos rising to a UK customer :(
You should be able to... I bought MX/ATV and I'm in Australia. Leave all your current address details, change the country to US, state to Cali and make the postcode 5 digits. Pay by PayPal and BAM, done.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I didn't see this reported anywhere here on Neogaf.

If you preorder Dungeon Siege 3 on Steam, you get Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 free.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Trojita said:

Oh shit, that's pretty cool. I'd like them to show a bit more of DS3 though.

Mareg

Trojita said:

aaaaaaaargh my wallet. Seriously, Dungeon Siege is such an underrated game. Lots of fun.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah, I was actually wondering if it deserved its own thread. It should have probably been included in the release date thread but they forgot to. There are plenty of preorder "bonuses" at other places, but nothing that compares to steam's. That's a pretty nice deal.

Ettie

Trojita said:

Single player only, looks like. Takes some of the sweetness away, but still, that's a fantastic preorder bonus.

Joe Molotov

Trojita said:

Ha, I called it a few page back. I just wish you could preorder it now.

Actually, no I don't. I need to save what little money I have.

Twig

Banned
It is a pretty good deal for someone who's into that sort of thing.

Gobs cheaper than paying for a physical train.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Trojita said:

Awesome! I remember having a lot of fun with the first one, but I never tried the second. Any idea when pre-orders will go live and when we will be able to download Dungeon Siege 1 & 2?

Both Toe Jam & Earl games seem to have vanished off of Steam. Weird.

Wonder if there's some sort of issue between Sega and the guy who owns the IP again.

Really digging King Arthur. I just got the vanilla version for $3 but now kind of wishing that I got the collection.

Also enjoying Global Agenda. It's sort of the bastard love child of a few other games, (Guild Wars, Crackdown, Borderlands, Hellgate) but isn't bad.

IrishNinja

HadesGigas said:
Both Toe Jam & Earl games seem to have vanished off of Steam. Weird.

Wonder if there's some sort of issue between Sega and the guy who owns the IP again.

...really? fuck, was gonna jump on 1, possibly 2 if there was a spring/summer sale on sega stuff. what's up with the licensing on these? part 1 is always mysteriously absent on sega collection discs.

So I just picked up and downloaded Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising and it seems to run fine except for one slightly amusing glitch on the main menu.

The dude in armor standing at the main menu when you start the game up is missing his head.
DOW2%20missing%20head%20smalljpg.jpg

It loaded the first time I started it up then it restarted when I tweaked the settings and his head and other parts were blacked out, so I restarted it again. Now he looks fine except for the missing head.

I'm thinking of just reinstalling it to see if that fixes it unless anyone has another solution.
I'm running a Athlon 2 X4 3.0Ghz quad core and a Radeon 5770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom