• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Trackmania have any controller support? The store page doesn't mention any nor does the manual.

I don't want a driving game that I play with arrow keys.

Joe Molotov

Stitch said:
You already own Trackmania United Forever Star Edition

mhhh ok

I'm sure it wasn't a Star Edition when i bought it.

It was originally Trackmania United, then it became Trackmania United Forever, now it's Trackmania United Forever Star Edition. You automatically get updated if you ever bought any version of it.

speculawyer said:

Trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds.

1-D_FTW

speculawyer said:
Does Trackmania have any controller support? The store page doesn't mention any nor does the manual.

Yes. 360 pad is plug-and-play.

EDIT: Although you might want to play with the in-game sensitivity settings if you feel it's too twitchy.

Carm

Man, we were just talking about Trackmania not hitting $20 or below a page or two back. Turned on the comp, started Steam and whipped out my CC like I was Quick Draw McGraw, great start to the day.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Carm said:
Man, we were just talking about Trackmania not hitting $20 or below a page or two back. Turned on the comp, started Steam and whipped out my CC like I was Quick Draw McGraw, great start to the day.

Save your CC so you don't need to whip it out next time. Can't get any quicker than 1 click checkout!

Stumpokapow said:
Save your CC so you don't need to whip it out next time. Can't get any quicker than 1 click checkout!

You're akin to a dealer who just found his new client. 'Hey bro, here's my #, call me 24/7/365'

SHAME SHAME SHAME.

Airan

I bought Trackmania, having spent a considerable amount of time with the free version. Is there some sort of resource on how to play it? I'm watching the Erebus video and there's no way in hell that's all down to luck, and I've failed many, many times on certain tracks - the next area to 'reach' looks so impossible without knowing the particulars of the physics system. Still hella fun to play though.

"I bought Trackmania, having spent a considerable amount of time with the free version. Is there some sort of resource on how to play it? I'm watching the Erebus video and there's no way in hell that's all down to luck."

That Erebus track is what's called a "Press Forward" track. It's a very popular style of track making that mostly showcases the track creator's skills and creativity. They're called press forward because all the user needs to do is just that. Press Forward. It's a big roller coaster.

Normal racing tracks don't really need any resource on how to play, it's mostly just getting used to the different environments handling. The game is very straight forward.

The best resource in the game is the built in ghosts and ladders. You can pick a high ranking ghost, download it, and race alongside it.

Dice said:
Sam & Max has completely awful audio compression with this high pitched-scramble noise. Does it get better in later episodes or is there (unlikely) a way to upgrade the audio?

The terrible audio compression was, I assume, a side effect of trying to keep the file sizes of the episodes fairly small since they were originally on Gametap. It doesn't get any better until Season 3, when Telltale stopped releasing the Sam & Max titles through Gametap.

amrod

Pre-purchase Call of Juarez®: The Cartel before May 30th 10am PST and receive a copy of Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood! Already own Bount in Blood? Give it to a friend! Plus, get 2 exclusive in-game weapons!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33420/
$49.95

No mention on who dev is who or is publishing it

It says it has steam achievements though :)

Gandie

Already own TM1, Sunrise, United and Nations (the boxed version). But fuck it, 7 bucks to have it sit neatly in my Steam library. Nadeo deserves every cent.

Volcynika

Stumpokapow said:

I'd love to and used to, but Steam hates me.

Literally, every single time I start up Steam on my only PC, it does the Steam Guard "need a code emailed to you," even after I've done it over and over again for a few weeks. Then, whenever I finally get into Steam, it asks me to do the hardware survey I've already done the first time they asked me a week or so ago. Now it just forgets my CC!

Makes me sad and frustrated. :(

"I'd rather day one the sequel at full price (it'd be worth it to be there from the beginning) than blow ten bucks on a game I'm going to completely abandon very soon. Or am I making a poor decision here?"

Trackmania 2 isn't replacing Trackmania United. It isn't going to have the same environments (it's actually only going to have one to start with) and you won't be abandoning it very soon, it's not like TM2 is releasing next week or even next month, more like Fall/Winter.

Baha

amrod said:
Pre-purchase Call of Juarez®: The Cartel before May 30th 10am PST and receive a copy of Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood! Already own Bount in Blood? Give it to a friend! Plus, get 2 exclusive in-game weapons!

$49.95

Fine print below says:
© 2011 Ubisoft Entertainment and Techland. All Rights Reserved. Call of Juarez is a trademark of Ubisoft Entertainment and Techland. Techland and the Techland logo are registered trademarks of TECHLAND. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
amrod said:

$49.95

Should be Techland and published by Ubisoft as the last two were.

Gandie

animlboogy said:
I've been waiting forever for Trackmania, but here's the thing: Someone above mentioned that a sequel is coming?

I'd rather day one the sequel at full price (it'd be worth it to be there from the beginning) than blow ten bucks on a game I'm going to completely abandon very soon. Or am I making a poor decision here?

I should've just gotten this sooner. It's always been in the back of my mind, it's just that one game that everybody says is great that I never got around to, you know?

The sequel will not come out til fall. Plus it will be budget (20-30$) and will only contain one enviroment, not much compared to United's 7.

Edit: Beaten :/

vocab

Nah, there's definitely audio problems in the first season of Sam and Max that are kind of annoying. Max's screams are just bad because the high pitch becomes scrambled. There's nothing you can do really.

LovingSteam said:
You're akin to a dealer who just found his new client. 'Hey bro, here's my #, call me 24/7/365'

SHAME SHAME SHAME.

You know, at one point, I had purposely made it a point to keep unclicking the "Save my credit card information" because I wanted to make it slightly more of a chore for me to enter in all my information whenever I wanted to buy a game.

Then, I think I forgot about it one day, or it automatically saved it for me somehow. And ever since then, my passions have become unbound, unbridled and, unchecked. And I am so powerless against it that I can't make myself click another time to cancel the "save my information" box.

I'm such a dope steam fiend.

Let's all confess our shame for the year. Post how much you've spent on Steam so far in 2011. Just be logged into your Steam account, click on ACCOUNT at the top right corner and view your purchases.

So far I've spent $154.

Exuro

Stallion Free said:
Steam Achievements and leaderboards usually mean a game is gonna be Steamworks. This could be a nice shift for Ubisoft.
Didn't one of codemaster's F1 games list Steamworks features as well and then later it was all removed and lised GFWL?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Exuro said:
Didn't one of codemaster's F1 games list Steamworks features as well and then later it was all removed and lised GFWL?
Yeah that happened, but strangely enough Codemasters *just* signed a publishing deal with THQ which is all about Steamworks so maybe Codemasters will fix their shit too.

Exuro said:

Yes, but this is a little different. Ubisoft has released two Steamworks title within the last year, despite having their own "alternative," and Techland's other title in development, Dead Island, is a Steamworks title.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah that happened, but strangely enough Codemasters *just* signed a publishing deal with THQ which is all about Steamworks so maybe Codemasters will fix their shit too.

That's a surprise. I always thought that Codemasters has been big enough to publish every title of theirs for a while now.

LovingSteam said:
Let's all confess our shame for the year. Post how much you've spent on Steam so far in 2011. Just be logged into your Steam account, click on ACCOUNT at the top right corner and view your purchases.

So far I've spent $154.

55,28€ on Europa Universalis: Heir to the Throne, Portal 2, and Mount&Blade: With Fire&Sword. Tried to stay away from games that I wasn´t 100% sure of, and as a result I now have a backlog of only 2 games. :)

Echoplx

LovingSteam said:

So far I've spent $154.

$250 :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Volcynika said:
I'd love to and used to, but Steam hates me.

Literally, every single time I start up Steam on my only PC, it does the Steam Guard "need a code emailed to you," even after I've done it over and over again for a few weeks. Then, whenever I finally get into Steam, it asks me to do the hardware survey I've already done the first time they asked me a week or so ago. Now it just forgets my CC!

Makes me sad and frustrated. :(
Delete any files with the .blob extension from the Steam folder. It's the first thing you should do regarding any Steam-related issues.

If that doesn't fix it, then you start looking it up.

Jade Ryan

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"I'd rather day one the sequel at full price (it'd be worth it to be there from the beginning) than blow ten bucks on a game I'm going to completely abandon very soon. Or am I making a poor decision here?"

Trackmania 2 isn't replacing Trackmania United. It isn't going to have the same environments (it's actually only going to have one to start with) and you won't be abandoning it very soon, it's not like TM2 is releasing next week or even next month, more like Fall/Winter.

How come you don't use the quote function? Would make your posts a little easier on the eyes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LovingSteam said:

So far I've spent $154.
Grand Ages:Rome 4.99
Children of the Nile: 3:12
Gothic Universal Edition: 5:75
Lead and Gold:2.50
Sega Pack: 10.00
Magicka/Vietnam: 7.99
Mass Effect: 5.00
Trackmania United: 10
Borderlands GOTY: 6.12

Total: 55:47

I bought Settlers 7 and it still requires a constant Internet connection, at least for me. I started a new game and unplugged my wireless router and got a pop-up saying I need to be connected to the Internet to continue. Oh well.

Twig

Banned
Jade Ryan said:
How come you don't use the quote function? Would make your posts a little easier on the eyes.
Oh lord. It's been a while since I've seen someone ask him that. Since way back when I first joined GAF, in fact. U:

May 17, 2011 $1.99 Purchase
The Final Hours of Portal 2

May 16, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Terraria

May 12, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Serious Sam Gold Pack (US)

May 10, 2011 $4.99 Purchase
Tropico 3 Gold

May 9, 2011 $5.00 Purchase
Battlefield 2

May 7, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money

May 6, 2011 $4.99 Purchase
Crysis: Warhead (NA)

May 2, 2011 $19.99 Purchase
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

Apr 27, 2011 $7.99 Purchase
Arma 2

Apr 7, 2011 $44.99 Purchase
Portal 2 (preorder)

Apr 5, 2011 $8.73 Purchase
Aliens vs Predator, Aliens vs Predator: Swarm Map Pack DLC, Aliens vs Predator: Bug Hunt Pack

Apr 1, 2011 $38.72 Purchase
Potato Sack

Mar 25, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
SEGA Genesis Classics Collection (NA)

Mar 24, 2011 $2.50 Purchase
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Mar 22, 2011 $2.50 Purchase
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods EE

Mar 22, 2011 $7.50 Purchase
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Mar 21, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum

Mar 17, 2011 $5.00 Wallet Credit
Wallet $5.00 Credit

Mar 15, 2011 $0.99 Purchase
Magicka - Wizards Survival Kit DLC

Mar 14, 2011 $7.50 Purchase
Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition

Mar 11, 2011 $7.50 Purchase
Empire: Total War (NA)

Mar 9, 2011 $19.99 Purchase
NBA 2K11

Mar 8, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Risk Factions

Mar 6, 2011 $9.99 Purchase
Amnesa: The Dark Descent

Mar 4, 2011 $5.94 Purchase
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Chaos Wargear DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Eldar Wargear DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Imperial Guard Wargear DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Space Marine Wargear DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Ork Wargear DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution - Tyrannid Wargear DLC

Mar 3, 2011 $29.99 Purchase
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution

Feb 26, 2011 $59.99 Purchase
RIFT - Collector's Edition

Feb 21, 2011 $0.99 Purchase
Cricket Revolution

Feb 21, 2011 $9.98 Purchase
Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Underworld (NA)

Feb 20, 2011 $3.54 Purchase
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack, Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings, Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion

Feb 19, 2011 $7.71 Purchase
Kane and Lynch 2 - Dog Days, Kane and Lynch 2 DLC - Doggie Bag, Kane and Lynch 2 DLC - Alliance Weapon Pack, Kane and Lynch 2 DLC - Multiplayer Masks Pack

Feb 17, 2011 $2.49 Purchase
Supreme Commander 2 - Infinite War Battle Pack One

Feb 7, 2011 $14.99 Purchase
Cyan Complete

Jan 26, 2011 $5.00 Wallet Credit
Wallet $5.00 Credit

Jan 24, 2011 $6.80 Purchase
Dead Space

Jan 16, 2011 $5.00 Purchase
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Jan 2, 2011 $3.99 Purchase
Plants vs. Zombies

Jan 1, 2011 $1.49 Purchase
Half-Life 1: Source

Final amount for 2011: too much :p

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LovingSteam said:
I'm only at about $100, Portal 2 ($45), Dead Space ($5) and Sims 3 + expansions ($50ish?).

But I *just* had this new PC built and the year is young.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
£180 I think; Mafia 2, Monday Night Combat, Dragon Age 2, Shogun 2, Mafia, Portal 2, Mount & Blade, The Witcher, Rift and Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom