• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Still, even if a game doesn't support the controller specifically, you can use the XBCD drivers with the wired controller to turn the triggers into buttons. You can't do this with the wired controller. There are apparently difficulties in writing a custom driver for the wireless controller.
Do you know if the XBCD drivers act as a filter driver or a pure replacement driver? Also you presumably mean you can't do this with the wireless controller, not wired.

And as for the last part of your statement, like I said I believe it's due to the wireless dongle showing up as four controller-specific endpoints and I'm not sure if anyone is very familiar with that particular protocol. Worst case, it might involve some Microsoft semi-encryption handshaking or something silly like that. The wired protocol is much more obvious.

stuminus3

Archie said:
Good jon, EA.
Yes, he is.

dgn_john_riccitiello_02.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Rufus said:
The banner is still there though. Not that Brothers in Arms Anything interests me, but still.
Haha, so they're basically advertising for BiA. That's exactly what IS forbidden (as opposed to selling the game). Double idiots.

nyong

Banned
Eh. I'm waiting for the Summer Sale so that I can pick up the Ubisoft WWII Collection. You get all the the Brothers in Arms games and a hellofalot more. And no, Star Trek Online is not worth it at that price.

Mrbob

Brothers in Arms sale today we all were trolled by UBI!

LovingSteam said:
Star Trek Online Deluxe $3.75. LOL sad

Ugh. I have a friend who is actually into STO I guarantee he is going to be bothering me to buy this POS. Time to stay off the net.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Boy, talk about ending the week on a low note. Pass.

On the other hand, I discovered Trackmania this week, and have already played 7 hours of the bloody thing. Fantastic game, in the purest use of the word.

Blizzard

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
I'm 97% sure there will be one in the next two days. I don't even see how they could get away with not doing one.
Since when has Ubisoft had any trouble "getting away" with anything? They released full price games that would freeze in singleplayer if your internet connection dropped out for a minute, and people still bought them, right?

Forkball

SalsaShark said:
so what about these brothers in arms things?

do they suck the balls?
The original game (Road to Hill 30) was quite fun when I played it way back. It's very gritty and intense. Not sure about the others.

SalsaShark said:

do they suck the balls?
No, the are decent. They are from Gearbox and they are pretty good. But they got lost in the shuffle with the higher profile Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games that were out at the same time.

nyong

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
I'm 97% sure there will be one in the next two days. I don't even see how they could get away with not doing one.
There isn't much left in their catalog that makes sense. Assassin's Creed, Might & Magic, and Tom Clancy as far as I can see. I love speculating on these weekly sales...it's like shaking your gift on Christmas morning trying to figure out what the hell it could be.

stuminus3

SalsaShark said:

do they suck the balls?
No. Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood restored a lot of my faith in Gearbox after the total shitfest that was their Halo port. YMMV on Hell's Highway, though the single player is still pretty good IMO.

Salsa

DoctorWho said:
I'm so happy that Trackmania has an anaglyph 3d mode. Another game I can use with my Coraline 3D glasses.

how can you play with that

i did for like 2 minutes with my SPY KIDS 3D GLASSES (FUCK YEAH) and my eyes called it quits

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think it is fitting that the Steam Ubisoft Deals are representative of most Ubisoft games: lots of hype, mildly satisfying, but ultimately not quite what the customer wants.

Salsa

DenogginizerOS said:
I think it is fitting that the Steam Ubisoft Deals are representative of most Ubisoft games: lots of hype, mildly satisfying, but ultimately not quite what the customer wants.

touchè

thinking of getting Beyond Good and Evil if i dont get anything else before the sales end..

I hear its not the greatest port, but i have no access to the HD PS3 version

Salsa

I also dont like how if you buy each game individually it ends up costing the same as the full pack.

Gives me no incentive to buy it, this is not how it works dammit!

should be 7.5 for the whole pack. Then i might bite.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
SalsaShark said:
thinking of getting Beyond Good and Evil if i dont get anything else before the sales end..

I hear its not the greatest port, but i have no access to the HD PS3 version
What about the 360 HD version?

Or grab the GameCube verison if you have a Wii (going by your Ghost Squad post in the HotD thread).

The PC version is really obnoxious due lack of controller support and its "non-anamorphic" widescreen (plus other issues (bugs) if I'm recalling all of this correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom