• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Princess Skittles said:
What about the 360 HD version?

Or grab the GameCube verison if you have a Wii (going by your Ghost Squad post in the HotD thread).

The PC version is really obnoxious due lack of controller support and its "non-anamorphic" widescreen (plus other issues (bugs) if I'm recalling all of this correctly).

I do have a Wii, and i have a copy of the Gamecube version somewhere.. or was it the PS2 one D:

I guess the gamepad issues could be fixed with something like JoyToKey..

ill have to think about it

Does Star Trek Online include the first 30 days like most MMOs when you first purchase them?

Can anyone that plays it say if it's improved at all since it's launch?

kuYuri

How are the controls for BiA 1 and 2? Graphics options?

I have them on original Xbox, but I may buy these for glorious 1080p + AA.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
SalsaShark said:
I do have a Wii, and i have a copy of the Gamecube version somewhere.. or was it the PS2 one D:

I guess the gamepad issues could be fixed with something like JoyToKey..

ill have to think about it
I'm a HUGE fan of the game, so it hurts to push someone away from it, but the PC version was (or is now) a mess.

Check the Steam forums for the game before you pull the trigger, I just did and there seems to be a mess of problems with it, from not running on multi-core processors to not running (properly) on Windows 7 64-Bit, etc. Also, the game is mouse/keyboard, so you need to go a few steps extra to get proper pad support (if it even works after all that).

stuminus3

Strider2K99 said:
How are the controls for BiA 1 and 2? Graphics options?

I have them on original Xbox, but I may buy these for glorious 1080p + AA.
You can have these things on the PC versions.

No controller support in the original two games, I can't remember if Hell's Highway has 360 controller support or not.

SalsaShark said:
so what about these brothers in arms things?

do they suck the balls?
Nope, the first two are really good, the third was kind of bad since they ditched all the interesting stuff from before and CoDified it. Still better than a lot of other crap shooters though.

Salsa

Princess Skittles said:
I'm a HUGE fan of the game, so it hurts to push someone away from it, but the PC version was (or is now) a mess.

Check the Steam forums for the game before you pull the trigger, I just did and there seems to be a mess of problems with it, from not running on multi-core processors to not running (properly) on Windows 7 64-Bit, etc. Also, the game is mouse/keyboard, so you need to go a few steps extra to get proper pad support (if it even works after all that).

alright then, thanks!

and i already played through it, so dont feel bad :p

Just FYI, the widescreen and FOV is kind of funky for the first BIA. It requires a bit of tinkering to get working correctly and even then it's a little shoddy and the HUD is stretched.

No idea if the second worked it out. 3rd is fine of course.

Can anyone confirm if STO comes with 30 days of gametime?

Did Hell's Highway have unskippable cutscenes or am I remembering that wrong? I really didn't like it when it came out, weird spawns and checkpoints, wonky third-person (!) cover (and germans got übermench aim when you were out of cover), shitty solo-sections and a bunch of stuff that annoyed me.

I really enjoyed the first one though, might pick that up again.

bigas

There was a time, not so long ago, when BiA games were synonimous to great fucking fun and strategic games. I miss those times. A lot.

Kerrinck

Lemming said:
when was the last time thye had a heroes of might and magic sale on steam, anyone?
2009 I believe. You can usually see when a game was on sale by clicking the related news icon in the product page.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Syphon Filter said:
you guys never feel guilty about all these sales? Sometimes it feels like we are stealing from them,there is a daily sale,weekend,etc
What are you, crazy? These games are wayyy past their prime. If it weren't for these sales, nobody would buy them. Not literally nobody, but it might as well be. The sales generate insane revenue for titles that basically don't have any chance of generating that otherwise.

Everybody wins.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket but I don't want the damn Brothers in Arms games. Fuck off with that shit, man, I want to buy something else.

Still holding out for an AssBro deal, but the PS3 version is $30 at Best Buy and I'm trying not to give in.

Hanzou

wolfmat said:
What are you, crazy? These games are wayyy past their prime. If it weren't for these sales, nobody would buy them. Not literally nobody, but it might as well be. The sales generate insane revenue for titles that basically don't have any chance of generating that otherwise.

Everybody wins.

Which blows my mind that the 360 and PS3 doesn't do something similar. I mean what if they had deals and you could by perfect dark zero or the older ratchet and clank games for $5. I mean are they even in print anymore? Almost nobody guys them in store.

stuminus3

Steam sales bring balance to an overpriced industry.

Yoda said:
Overpriced games lead to empty wallets.
Empty wallets lead to angry wives.
Angry wives lead to buying games in secret, digitally, at massively reduced prices.

iNvid02

Snuggler said:
Dammit, I have a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket but I don't want the damn Brothers in Arms games. Fuck off with that shit, man, I want to buy something else.

Still holding out for an AssBro deal, but the PS3 version is $30 at Best Buy and I'm trying not to give in.

dont, pc version is much better imo.

nyong

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
you guys never feel guilty about all these sales? Sometimes it feels like we are stealing from them,there is a daily sale,weekend,etc
Yes! Those bastards are constantly enticing me to drop money on games I never would have purchased otherwise, still may never even install, even games that I already own in some other format. It's black magic I tel......

...oh...do I feel guilty about these sales? No.

Chris R

3chopl0x said:
yep

might want to use this to backup all your save games though
gsm.duncsweb.com

I'll have to look into this. Shame it doesn't offer OSX support since I only have a single working desktop at home right now (and my Ubuntu netbook).

I don't think work would mind though if I installed this and tried to recover game saves on my lunch or after work.

3chopl0x said:
Probably not but no harm in trying (why would you not have them in the registry?)

No registry because the program won't be running on the harddrive the game saves are on (due to the dead motherboard). Just looking at it though it doesn't say the program has to run on the system you are backing saves up for. If I slave the drive properly it should be able to find all the saves I would think.

nexen

Why would anyone feel guilty about these sales? It isn't like they are selling them at a loss. They are making money, we are getting a game, and both sides of the transaction are well satisfied.
bjaelke said:
You wouldn't buy a car on sale.
What? Is this a joke I'm not getting? I spend hours haggling with car salesmen to get the price lower.

edit: I'm thick, you're joking I'm sure.

I never did understand the point of putting MMOs with 15-dollar-per-month subscription fees on sale. Play for an extra month and you're not saving any money. Only play for the trial month and it's basically a rental. I have yet to see an MMO offer a sale like "join now and get your first x months for 33% off" - mind you I'm not sure that would work because the store pages on MMOs never tell you how much the monthly fee is exactly, only that there is one.

Kuran

Banned
Stalker call of pripyat works fine with the vanilla steam version, but whenever I install the latest complete mod, the game fails to load beyond the min menu. Can anyone please help?

Echoplx

Complistic said:
So chances are good that they discount AC2 even more within the next couple days right?

It was 15$ during the last holiday sale so It's likely it might hit that price again, or lower.

Kuran

Banned
This sucks, I really wanted to get into Stalker Pripyat.... Can't get passed the X-ray 1.6 has stopped working error...kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom