• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

66 percent right in between 50 and 75. It will be enough for me to get Ass Creed 2 tho.

I'll wait till the xmas holiday to get brotherhood on the cheap.

BosSin

does borderlands in that GameStop deal work on steam? Hell, would it be redeemable in the UK, if so this would be mighty tempting.... (of course I would have to get someone to buy it for me)

Carm

Is there anything wrong with the 1/2 ports? Both work with 360 controller with no fiddling?

GFWL can basically be ignored for Fallout 3, from what I've read. I believe there are mods to remove it as well.

nyong

Banned
Sweet. I've been wanting to try Assassin's Creed 2. I played the first game only recently and enjoyed it enough, although it had some serious issues. Hopefully I can get caught up on the series after the summer sale.

Murkas

Already got them on PS3. I've beaten the EA sale and now it looks like I'll beat the Ubisoft sale aswell. My wallet can rest easy.

apana

nincompoop said:
Was just going to ask this, I'll probably bite on AC2 if I don't have to put up with any BS from Ubi.

I've heard it's not as bad. You don't need to be online constantly, you just need to be online while logging in.

Binabik15

10€ for AssCreed1? They had it in 10€ four pack with Far Cry 2, r6Vegas2 and Cal of Juarez: Something Something not too long ago. Glad I bought it back then, even though it IS boring, 2.5€ for enjoying the cities is okay. I´d advise to pass on it at 10, though.

Haven´t tried AssCreed2 yet, but I have a UK retail copy, which again was cheaper then a € priced Steam sale *grumble* How I´d love region switching.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Binabik15 said:
10€ for AssCreed1? They had it in 10€ four pack with Far Cry 2, r6Vegas2 and Cal of Juarez: Something Something not too long ago. Glad I bought it back then, even though it IS boring, 2.5€ for enjoying the cities is okay. I´d advise to pass on it at 10, though.

Haven´t tried AssCreed2 yet, but I have a UK retail copy, which again was cheaper then a € priced Steam sale *grumble* How I´d love region switching.
Yeah, that is too high. It is $7 in the US, which IMO is high for a sale even, since I have seen retail copies for $5.

desu

Drkirby said:
Yeah, that is too high. It is $7 in the US, which IMO is high for a sale even, since I have seen retail copies for $5.

Also considering the age, it should have been 75%. Will pass on all of them and wait for summer/winter sale or possible bundle when revelations comes out...

apana

HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THIS VIDEO GAME AND ONLINE FEATURES AND TO PLAY ONLINE. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://www.assassinscreed.com. Assassin’s Creed 2 © 2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed and published by Ubisoft.

These are the requirements by Ubisoft. Again, hopefully someone can confirm this, but you don't need to be online at all times while playing this game. Also someone should make a thread about this steam sale since I'm sure a lot of people are going to want to bite on Ass Creed 2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am pretty sure they patched the always on thing out (Most likely also as a cost saving method, since it didn't work and just ate up server resources)

confused

Banned
coopolon said:
Gamestop is apparently selling a steam registrable version of fallout 3 goty on their digital store for $15. I know fallout 3 is not a game you can normally register on steam, but I guess gamestop is selling a version that is. It has been confirmed by three people to work on steam in the cag thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295649

Website for the deal: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-2afgYS4kpwuT6DWXSFtZYA

As always buyer beware, but now four people have confirmed it works on cag so it seems to be legit.

For the new page : I'm willing to trade Just cause 2 and Assassins Creed 2 for a Fallout 3 Steam key

Steam ID : Zaangamer

AEREC

This isnt exactly steam related but I have a 500GB HDD that is just devoted steam games...it's filling up and Im getting a 1TB drive.

To transfer everything is it just a simple matter off copying everything over and making the HDD letter the same as the previous one?

Or do I have to reinstall all of my games?

SappYoda

AC2 bought!!!!
3AQmK.gif

Quake1028

AEREC said:
This isnt exactly steam related but I have a 500GB HDD that is just devoted steam games...it's filling up and Im getting a 1TB drive.

To transfer everything is it just a simple matter off copying everything over and making the HDD letter the same as the previous one?

Or do I have to reinstall all of my games?

Copy the SteamApps folder.

KarmaCow

apana said:
These are the requirements by Ubisoft. Again, hopefully someone can confirm this, but you don't need to be online at all times while playing this game. Also someone should make a thread about this steam sale since I'm sure a lot of people are going to want to bite on Ass Creed 2.

Fuck I didn't see the small print on the store page and forgot about that bullshit. Oh well, hopefully it isn't intrusive.

apana said:
Should I watch Ass Creed 1 story on you tube? Will it help me understand the plot of Ass Creed 2 better?

No avoid AC1 at all costs, just start with AC2. Ac2 uses the first game's story but it catches you up to speed just fine.

Trust me, I wrote up like a 3 page hate response after AC1 launched on Ubi's forum asking for my money back.

Posting this for UK GAF.

The Fallout GOTY Gamestop Deal works in the UK, they initially send the concerning "does not match the address on our records" email, then forty minutes later they send the code.

Just activated it on Steam, total cost £9.09, very happy as I've been after this for ages!

Binabik15

scorpscarx said:
No avoid AC1 at all costs, just start with AC2. Ac2 uses the first game's story but it catches you up to speed just fine.

Trust me, I wrote up like a 3 page hate response after AC1 launched on Ubi's forum asking for my money back.

Haha, wow.

I loved it for the enemy models alone. There´s a serious lack of non-fantasy rpg games with knights and men-at-arms with modern graphics. I want to see awesome knights, not dudes with glowing dragons on their armour while wielding magica whips or something equally daft.

Another reason why The Witcher 2 is GOTY for me so far. Dat armours.

Mama Robotnik said:
Posting this for UK GAF.

The Fallout GOTY Gamestop Deal works in the UK, they initially send the concerning "does not match the address on our records" email, then forty minutes later they send the code.

Just activated it on Steam, total cost £9.09, very happy as I've been after this for ages!

Great, thanks for that. I think I'll double-dip.

Chris R

Finally, a deal on Fallout 3 GOTY. Sucks that my computer died and where I'm moving has no access to the internet though :( Going to have to figure something out.

Squalltdx

Already played AC a while back on the PS3 so I've been waiting for a nice deal to finally play AC2. It was also the only deal from the Ubi sale I was waiting for so it's nice to get that out of the way.

Karram

Bought FO3 from gamestop and activate it through steam without encountering any problems. Hopefully tommorow is going to be a R6 sale.

Sober

Stallion Free said:
I liked AC1.
It was a great game but after playing AC2 I can see why everyone hated the first game. Investigations leading up to the assassination were pretty fun IMO but I guess most people saw it as tedious padding or something.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
10 and change seems like a great deal for Assassin's Creed II.

Taking into consideration that I have a huge Steam and 360 backlog, I think I'll wait for the Christmas Sale to snatch it. Assassin's Creed The First had a great storyline, even though the gameplay was repetitive as fuck. Assassin's II is much praised around GiantBomb, and they like the same kind of games I like, so I totally want to give it a chance.

I'd be more inclined if it was 7,50. I can't really explain why 2,50 USDs make that a difference for me.

LiK

Sober said:
It was a great game but after playing AC2 I can see why everyone hated the first game. Investigations leading up to the assassination were pretty fun IMO but I guess most people saw it as tedious padding or something.

yup. AC1 would've been more loved if it only had more variety inbetween assassination missions. but other that that, i loved the atmosphere and it had the best assassination missions in the series.

Narag

drizzle said:
I'd be more inclined if it was 7,50. I can't really explain why 2,50 USDs make that a difference for me.

I'd just assume that's your impusle buy price threshold. I've passed up on stuff in the past because of similiar reasons as most of us have.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Narag said:
I'd just assume that's your impusle buy price threshold. I've passed up on stuff in the past because of similiar reasons as most of us have.
I don't know. I'd be all over it if it was 10 bucks for the physical 360 version of the game. For a digital copy, when I have thousands of other games to play? hmmm... not really.

On the other hand, I bought Batman Arkham Asylum (the regular version) on Steam for 20 bucks and I don't regret a single cent of that purchase.

Fucking Steam sales man, they mess me up.

apana said:
So just to make sure, plot of Ass Creed 1 and 2 have no connection?
Assassin's Creed II is the direct sequel of the Story from Assassin's Creed I. If I were you, i'd go read a Wiki or watch some non-interactive sequence videos on youtube. Playing Assassin's Creed 1 really took all the energy from me, as it's so damn repetitive. Story is great.

This really seems like a 3 game project (well, 4 now, since 2 was so successful). I can easily see them having to develop the engine and the cities and the assets in the first game, using most of their budget for that, and skimping on the actual gameplay elements. Assassin's Creed II redeems that, as most of the assets are already created.

Echoplx

scorpscarx said:
For me AC1 = biggest let down of the decade.
AC2 = biggest redeeming comeback of the decade.

...yall are in luck, I can't find my rant.

We get it, you don't like the game, stop going out of your way to force your opinion on people.

apana said:
So just to make sure, plot of Ass Creed 1 and 2 have no connection?
They do, there's a meta-story that takes place in modern times that connects the whole franchise, but the intro movie of AC2 catches you up to speed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom