• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InertiaXr

Grinchy said:
I wonder why my Witcher EE activation code didn't work. Bought it from Amazon, tried using the code in steam but it said it wasn't valid. The Witcher EE is sold on Steam, so I just assumed it was a Steam activated game.

No, not every game that's sold on Steam can be activated on Steam when bought elsewhere, only these ones.

L00P

Anybody know if there is any way to cap your FPS to 30 in Assassin's Creed? It keeps jumping around from 40-60 and it's really bugging me

nitric0

Grinchy said:
Awesome, I'm totally checking this out right now. The site is going incredibly slow, however.

Loved the JC2 demo. $4 is just too cheap to pass up. *edit: $4.53 after tax. Awesome! And I also just put the activation code into Steam.
I bought the game from D2D as well and they wanted me to do a one time activation through my phone. So I gave them my # to get a PIN code but it gave me an error. Not sure what's wrong

Grinchy

Banned
nitric0 said:
I bought the game from D2D as well and they wanted me to do a one time activation through my phone. So I gave them my # to get a PIN code but it gave me an error. Not sure what's wrong
Wow that's strange. Were you a member of D2D before today? I have no idea why I was already a member, but I tried creating an account and they said my E-mail was on file. Sure enough, I had an account already with 0 games.

Proxy

Grinchy said:
Wow that's strange. Were you a member of D2D before today? I have no idea why I was already a member, but I tried creating an account and they said my E-mail was on file. Sure enough, I had an account already with 0 games.

Ever created a GameSpy/GameSpy Arcade account?

"You have reached failed transaction limit (3) for this payment type. Please use another payment type or contact customer service to complete your order."

What a crappy service... Won't accept my phone number and now I can't use paypal on D2D. I will pay the extra 50 cents for a service that works.

Mrbob

szaromir said:
I never finished SC1 (I have the PC version, but without the controller support found it unplayable), but finished SC2-4 on Xbox 1. I always felt that people who complain about trial and error don't patiently observe the patterns and then look for the best ways to sneak around them, they just want to jump into action and go past the guards without knowing their paths, where they look etc. I rarely had to repeat stuff in Splinter Cell games.
SC3 and 4 are soooo good.

Yeah I beat the CIA level now so I'm going to try and finish this game. I have 6 stages down, 5 to go.

I figured out what the issue was and it was a shadow glitch in the CIA level. My cover would be broken by this glitch in a couple rooms so this is how I kept on getting detected. I had to be extra careful but I made it through.

PC version is a little buggy. I've ran into numerous glitches throughout playing the first half of the game. On the tanker level there is an area I would get stuck in the beginning. Finally I decided to jump like crazy in this spot and it inched me across the platform so I could finally move on. Game is fun when it isn't broken. D:

Vyer

Hmm. Bought Bully at gamersgate, dloaded and installed. Locked up during loading. I was hoping the version I bought was patched and everything...

Sblargh

Banned
Holy shit the last stage of Settlers 7 campaing. Oh my god. Why? Why? The stage before is a 2 vs 2 fight. Who in the name of everything that can be summoned by the concept of fuck thought it was a good idea to make a 1 vs 3? Each enemy especializing on something, blocking everything from me. I can't attack, green has a fucking huge army. I can't outresearch. Once the AI notices you're going that direction, blue just start researching everything. You can't outtrade, same with yellow just going from one trading post to the next like it's nothing.
Why? Why? Oh my holy fuck whyyyy?

Oreoleo

ZZMitch said:
Is it ok to upgrade ati drivers through Steam? Or is it always recommended to use the safe mode/driver sweeper method.

If updating your drivers through Steam is wrong, I don't want to be right.

(IDK if one is better or worse though)

ZZMitch said:
Is it ok to upgrade ati drivers through Steam? Or is it always recommended to use the safe mode/driver sweeper method.
I've done it a few times through Steam and I've never had a problem, but I like to install them manually every so often just to make sure I have a clean slate.

Echoplx

So I caved in and bought a gamepad after realizing devs will continue to make games with retarded kb/m controls but I didn't really want to spend $50 on an official one. Ended up getting this for $15 posted and it works great, detects automatically with all the games I've tried so far (AC 1 & 2, Trackmania, SMB, JC2, Bully) and the build quality is fine.

If you're like me and want a gamepad for the odd game that is just horrible on kb/m then this is great.

Vyer

Man, I can't get Bully to run for shit. D'loaded from gamersgate and installed, when I run it hangs on the very first loading screen. Found the 1.2 patch and tried to run it, both normally and as administrator, and it errors out with a failure to install. blah

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Vyer said:
Man, I can't get Bully to run for shit. D'loaded from gamersgate and installed, when I run it hangs on the very first loading screen. Found the 1.2 patch and tried to run it, both normally and as administrator, and it errors out with a failure to install. blah
I don't understand why people post shit completely irrelevant to Steam in a Steam thread.

Oh hey, guess what, the game starts up fine for me from Steam. Jokes on you for using a different D2D platform.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm so glad Just Cause 2 went up for sale for cheap. A friend of mine didn't buy it when it was 7,50 and he regretted it, so I bought it for him for 5 bucks instantly.

It's a great and fun, dumb game. I love it.

Vyer

Stallion Free said:
I don't understand why people post shit completely irrelevant to Steam in a Steam thread.

Oh hey, guess what, the game starts up fine for me from Steam. Jokes on you for using a different D2D platform.

congratulations on being a dick on the internet. I'm sure it'll get you far.

In case you hadn't noticed, the last few pages were relevant to the discussion, including some tips on getting the game downloaded from said platform optimized. Now if you don't mind, the adults are talking.

benjipwns

Banned
Stallion Free said:

To be fair, Bully has/had a shit load of problems with its 360/PC ports.

Nabs

Is it weird that I have more time in the Just Cause 2 demo than Just Cause 2? Same goes for Mafia 2.

I should probably fix that.

confused

Banned
Does anybody still have a spare copy of Portal they are willing to give away ? Looking for one for my brother who just got a new GPU.

THRILLH0

Banned
Stallion Free said:

What the fuck is this?

No need to be an asshole.

IrishNinja

Zzoram said:
Pick up The Witcher 2 during the July summer sale.

this is so my plan. what's the cheapest we've seen it at so far, $40?

edit: confused, still waiting on that mail from gamestop, my man. sorry. hopefully soon?

confused

Banned
IrishNinja said:
this is so my plan. what's the cheapest we've seen it at so far, $40?

edit: confused, still waiting on that mail from gamestop, my man. sorry. hopefully soon?

Don't worry about it. I'm in no rush to play it yet. Hope you enjoy your games ;)

Narag

All the Deniable Ops love for Conviction was so justified. Glad you guys pointed it out or I'd have missed out on something awesome.

Echoplx

lol

ns2iRl.png

Oreoleo

In the recent past with EA games, did they show up in the registry even though they didn't have a page on the store or available for pre-purchase before release? I just realized the new Alice game is coming out in a few weeks and all pre-orders get the original Alice for free. The game seems to kinda be flying under the radar so I'm curious if there's any chance it/they won't show up on Steam at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom