• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

LocoMrPollock said:
GG games are usually patched to their latest versions, so I don't think that's your problem.
Surprisingly, it wasn't the latest. And once I got it running the patch itself was failing. Ah well, on to JC 2.

Keikaku

animlboogy said:
I bought the Mac version of Dragon Age off Direct2Drive, and used the code from there to download the PC version from EADM.

It's not working for me. It says that "The product code entered is already used." Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

EDIT: And now the game just showed up in my account. Way to freak me out :|

coopolon

Keikaku said:
It's not working for me. It says that "The product code entered is already used." Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Try restarting EADM. One time I entered a code and nothing ahppened, so I tried again and it said the code had arleady been used. But after restarting the game showed up.

Keikaku

coopolon said:
Try restarting EADM. One time I entered a code and nothing ahppened, so I tried again and it said the code had arleady been used. But after restarting the game showed up.

It showed up. Weird how that works >.>

Can someone get me a DA:O code? I will paypal?

reason being that I do not have a credit card and Amazon doesn't accept paypal.

Damn it, it is dead now...

Narag

AShep said:
Arrggghh fuck you, not enough steam talk in this post. GTFO!

But that's entirely on-topic given it is today's daily deal. Parodying Stallion Free's posts to get back at him from the night before isn't going to end well for anyone.

That Hamilton's Adventure game looks awesome! Can someone post some impressions please? It's kind of annoying that most of these games haven't been getting demos lately, especially not on release day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
nincompoop said:
That Hamilton's Adventure game looks awesome! Can someone post some impressions please? It's kind of annoying that most of these games haven't been getting demos lately, especially not on release day.
It's awesome.

It looks gorgeous, has fantastic pad support, tons of charm and the gameplay reminds me a ton of Puzzle Dimension.

Stallion Free said:
It's awesome.

It looks gorgeous, has fantastic pad support, tons of charm and the gameplay reminds me a ton of Puzzle Dimension.
Heh, I was sort of getting a Puzzle Dimension vibe from the screenshots and trailer. I think I'll bite.

Just bought Hamilton's Great Adventure and played for a bit. It's pretty good so far. The gameplay is actually a lot more similar to a really incredibly awesome homebrew game for PSP called The Legend of Zelda: The Stroke of Link. But I doubt anybody else besides me has ever played that, so for now the Puzzle Dimension comparisons will have to suffice.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The amazon DA:O deal has been corrected. Its back to 29,99. It seems it was a mistake on their part. Good for those who got the game cheap though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hamilton's Great Adventure, awesome as fuck.

hamilton2011-05-3119-2qkwl.jpg

L00P

Uuuugh, AssCreed keeps freezing on me. So I searched for a solution and found out that it was Ubi's DRM that was causing it. The solution is to unplug the ethernet cable :/

Next time I see an Ubisoft game on sale in Steam, I'll just ignore it

Sober

Holy crap, CitiesXL 2011 is tearing through to the top of the Top Sellers chart today. Anyone actually played it here want to give real some impressions?

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Sober said:
Holy crap, CitiesXL 2011 is tearing through to the top of the Top Sellers chart today. Anyone actually played it here want to give real some impressions?

Anyone have an opinion? I'm tempted to purchase it myself!

PaulLFC

Sober said:

ChaoticEko said:
Anyone have an opinion? I'm tempted to purchase it myself!

Would like to hear some impressions too please. Very tempted to purchase it at £7.50.

gotee12

For those looking for CitiesXL 2011 opinions...

Be aware that it currently does not support multicore procs nor does it make full use of your gpu (the game's graphics engine is more heavily dependent on cpu, not gpu). Lack of multicore support in this game means that there is a freeze in the framerate when you zoom in and out or pan around the map unless you have a really nice cpu. It's still the best city builder I've played even with the graphics "problem". I've also not heard anything concerning the devs patching in multicore support (though I have not checked the dev boards lately). I'm running an Athlon II X4 3Ghz and a HD6850.

Also, I bought SimCity 4 AFTER CitiesXL 2011, spent an hour in SC4 then went right back to Cities.

Also also, there is a homemade hack to patch in "multicore support" but really all it does is set the affinity to use all cores. In other words, instead of using 100% of a single core of a quad core chip, it would use 25% of each core. You can't get more than the speed of a single core, but by dividing the workload between all cores, I did notice slight improvement in zoom and pan speeds.

That new DLC Nippon for Magicka is on Steam now. 50% of what they make will be donated to help Japan and it also comes with a new hat for the Demoman.

SalsaShark said:
well, just got fired from work

NO MORE GAMES

Damn, sorry. :-(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LastWindow said:
That new DLC Nippon for Magicka is on Steam now. 50% of what they make will be donated to help Japan and it also comes with a new hat for the Demoman.
OMG!

99CENT TF2 HAT! :O

Also comes with Magicka DLC.

steam+360 controller + cheap hardware

I see the whole thing becoming a new step in gaming platforms, something beyond PC or console gaming.

Oreoleo

I've tried probably 3 or 4 times over as many years to get into Deadly Shadows but I get owned one way or another on the first level every time. Maybe I just suck at the game, but it seemed incredibly unforgiving and not a lot of fun. 2¢

Detox

Has Thief aged well? I have always wanted to play the cradle.

EDIT: Just seen the price will buy, any essential mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom