• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Do they sell the first two Thief games too?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Ah.

Hey SalsaShark, sorry about the loss of steam funding, I'd give you my leftover Serious Sam 1 HD code, but I see you have it already :/

gdt

mattiewheels said:
Ah.

Hey SalsaShark, sorry about the loss of steam funding, I'd give you my leftover Serious Sam 1 HD code, but I see you have it already :/

Well....I don't :).

Don't really have anything to trade though lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
how does thief run on pc? only played deadly shadows on xbox when it came out, does it still hold up well?

purg3 said:
how does thief run on pc? only played deadly shadows on xbox when it came out, does it still hold up well?

It runs quite well if you ask me, and I think there are some texture packs available you can install. There are some issues with resolution if I recall correctly.

The game runs quite good otherwise.

Grinchy

Banned
Frankenstrat said:
if you're anything like me then say goodbye to the next 3 hours each time you start it up
LOL this is why I bought it but haven't even loaded it up. I played the shit out of the PS3 demo, and then played some of the PC demo. I know I will be hooked. The game will press F and grapple onto me.

gotee12

Bought the Nippon DLC for Magicka. Now Magicka won't run (Steam says the game is currently unavailable) and the Demoman hat doesn't show up in TF2. Verified integrity of files but still no luck. Oh well, I'm sure Valve will have it fixed in a few days...

Shaneus

Frankenstrat said:
if you're anything like me then say goodbye to the next 3 hours each time you start it up
Typical scenario in my flat:
"Hm... think I might fire up JC2 for a few mins, blow some shit up."
Looks at watch... 5 hours later.
"Shit! Oh well, just another minute or two then..."
Another hour later.
"Fuck"

Haven't played it for a while, might get back into it tonight for a bit. Such a sexy game.

Deadly shadows suffered in the same way Invisible War did. Piss poor amounts of RAM in the original Xbox means the levels are all tiny or broken into a half-dozen pieces. Still good, though. I had to do a little bit of wankery to get it to run properly without crashing between missions. One of the widescreen mod tools has functionality to fix it, I believe. Not super hard to get around, but be advised.

I got Just Cause 2 with my GTX460 last year and I was pretty impressed by the visuals. It must do some black magic with its engine or I was just that seriously behind on the times in graphics card muscle. Draw distance like woah. Fun game, too. Enjoy it, everybody.

Also, sorry to hear about the canning, Salsa. What kind of horrible human have you been to deserve such karma?

gotee12 said:
Bought the Nippon DLC for Magicka. Now Magicka won't run (Steam says the game is currently unavailable) and the Demoman hat doesn't show up in TF2. Verified integrity of files but still no luck. Oh well, I'm sure Valve will have it fixed in a few days...
I guess I'm not the only one.

Omikron

gotee12 said:

Restarted steam?

gotee12 said:

Same thing happened to me but after a few minutes the hat appeared in TF2. Game still won't start, though.

Salsa

hey dudes, thanks for caring

it really isnt THAT big of a deal or otherwise i wouldnt make a joke about it. It was a shitty job, but it definetly came in handy. Thankfully its my last year at film school so ill just have to work something out to pay for these last upcoming months (can always get a loan or help from family). Other than that it was just money to blow (on Steam, for example, heh). Nothing that will seriously affect my living in any harsh way or anything.

I was also looking into upgrading my PC for the upcoming beasts but i guess that's gone now, shiet :(

Starting job search tomorrow i guess!

alright done with that crap

debbie_downer.jpg

back to Steam talk

mattiewheels

gdt5016 said:
Well....I don't :).

Don't really have anything to trade though lol.
Sure, anything for a fellow lostie. My steam id's mattiewheels.

SalsaShark said:
hey dudes, thanks for caring

it really isnt THAT big of a deal or otherwise i wouldnt make a joke about it. It was a shitty job, but it definetly came in handy. Thankfully its my last year at film school so ill just have to work something out to pay for these last upcoming months (can always get a loan or help from family). Other than that it was just money to blow (on Steam, for example, heh). Nothing that will seriously affect my living in any harsh way or anything.

I was also looking into upgrading my PC for the upcoming beasts but i guess that's gone now, shiet :(

Starting job search tomorrow i guess!

alright done with that crap

http://blogs.tcpalm.com/ed_killer/debbie_downer.jpg

back to Steam talk
College student, huh? Well you can always do what the rest of us did and sell bodily fluids. It's not like you're using them.

Salsa

MacGurcules said:
College student, huh? Well you can always do what the rest of us did and sell bodily fluids. It's not like you're using them.

private school

but damn right

get them out of me

gotee12

LastWindow said:
Same thing happened to me but after a few minutes the hat appeared in TF2. Game still won't start, though.
Yeah the hat's showed up for me now as well. Magicka still isn't starting. It's cool though, just downloaded another 500 tracks for Trackmania. That'll tide me over... for a little while... ;)

Hanzou

gotee12 said:
Yeah the hat's showed up for me now as well. Magicka still isn't starting. It's cool though, just downloaded another 500 tracks for Trackmania. That'll tide me over... for a little while... ;)

Whats the best way to find and download tracks for the game. I went through the online portion in the game but it seems very confusing.

gotee12

Hanzou said:
Whats the best way to find and download tracks for the game. I went through the online portion in the game but it seems very confusing.
I googled around a bit and found this map pack (only stadium tracks). It's legit. It self installs to your ..\My documents\trackmania\tracks\challenges\downloaded folder. Once installed start up TM, click Solo Play and click the Browse button at the bottom left.

Shaneus said:
Typical scenario in my flat:
"Hm... think I might fire up JC2 for a few mins, blow some shit up."
Looks at watch... 5 hours later.
"Shit! Oh well, just another minute or two then..."
Another hour later.
"Fuck"

Haven't played it for a while, might get back into it tonight for a bit. Such a sexy game.

First weekend I had it, I sunk around 16 hours into the game. that's over the course of saturday and sunday. Needless to say I stayed away from it for a while after that.

Vyer

Sorry to hear that, Salsa. Here's hoping your next job comes quickly and is awesome man.

Frankenstrat said:

4 hours later and yeah, I agree. lol. I'm actually coming into the game with no demo time, so everything is new to me.

It doesn't hurt that the game is gorgeous imo. I have to force myself to lay off the F12 a bit.

Aselith

Kuran said:
Hey Salsa, could I add you on Steam?

No, man, they said HE gets the fluids out. I don't think he's looking for that kind of work...unless the price is right. Send me a PM and we'll work something out for you two.

SalsaShark said:

You betta shut yo mouth, ho, for I have to show you how strong my pimphand be. Yo ass don't do a end run on old Smokyyy. You make money when I tell you to make money.

Sober

XeroSauce said:
Any GAF reviews for Cities? It's selling like hot cakes.
Got an hour left on my download, decided to gamble on it. I'll give it a few hours and post something later. Still got til Thursday.

mhznet

I bought Thief last time it went on sale but I really couldnt get it to run on Windows 7.

The screen always went black and the game would freeze. :(

Oreoleo

DualShadow said:
Yep and I picked up some of those as well.

I have already pretty much played all them though. Never played Thief.

Heh, fair enough. I'm just surprised so many people are all about this Thief game. It's been on Steam forever and from what I gather it's not quite as good as the first 2 games in the series. Shame those aren't also on Steam. Anyway carry on, don't mind me :p

Orellio said:
Heh, fair enough. I'm just surprised so many people are all about this Thief game. It's been on Steam forever and from what I gather it's not quite as good as the first 2 games in the series. Shame those aren't also on Steam. Anyway carry on, don't mind me :p

Well I've never played anything from the Thief series and can't go too wrong for $5 :p

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
purg3 said:
It's got some fillrate issues with the shadows. That gets really annoying on newer ATI cards (relative to the release of the game). At least on my HD5770. There are sections in there where the framerate drops to like 2 Hertz, it's kinda crazy.

Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say "Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say 'Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say >Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say nothing and smile.<'"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
wolfmat said:
Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say "Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say 'Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say >Regardless, the game is so awesome that this is something you should be able to look back on and say nothing and smile.<'"
fBt7y.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom