• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairu

capsule_616x353.jpg

Don't remember seeing the TF2 item there before, so nice bonus in addition to the other RF games. I ended up getting it from D2D when they had 25% off. Already had RFG, but guess that's what I get for not buying something on steam

DoctorWho said:
Contact them and ask. Couldn't hurt.

darkpaladinmfc said:
You can cancel your pre-order and pre-order again I think.

Errr, I was just looking at Red Faction 1 and 2's store pages and it says that I own Red Faction 2, even though I never purchased it. I'm going to restart my Steam client.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Red Faction: Guerrilla is FUCKING AWESOME.

It's a great and fun little game. I can't recommend it enough. Think Just Cause 2 but being able to destroy EVERYTHING.

GiantBomb people have been hinting at the fact that Red Faction Armageddon is not that good of a game (the embargo didn't lift, so they didn't really said it), and how Red Faction Guerrilla is better instead, so there's that.

BigAT

drizzle said:
Red Faction: Guerrilla is FUCKING AWESOME.

It's a great and fun little game. I can't recommend it enough. Think Just Cause 2 but being able to destroy EVERYTHING.

GiantBomb people have been hinting at the fact that Red Faction Armageddon is not that good of a game (the embargo didn't lift, so they didn't really said it), and how Red Faction Guerrilla is better instead, so there's that.
The embargo actually has lifted, they gave it a 3 out of 5:

http://www.giantbomb.com/red-faction-armageddon/61-25726/reviews/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They came out and said it when they put out their quick look. I'm actually surprised that game got a 3, from how they were talking about it, I expected a 2.

Echoplx

Stumpokapow said:
I do recommend this game, but I should note it's been cheaper before. I paid $5 or something for the whole thing last year.

Yeah I paid the same as well but I don't think I've seen it drop below 10$ since then.

Carm

Telltale is killing me with these deals, first on Sam and Max, now Tales of Monkey Island. I passed on S&M praying they have a Telltale complete pack during the summer sale. I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if there isn't a complete pack with everything prior to BTTF in it during the summer sale.

Calibrated Chaos said:
Are the first two red faction games worth it? $2.49 each.

I played and re-played the original Red Faction on my launch PS2 and loved the hell out of it. I only played a bit of the second Red Faction and don't recall enjoying it as much. Never bothered to finish it.

I'm going to install and play both of them.

"You're dead miner!"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Forkball said:
Blops is $40 now.

Not bad, I kind of want it but I'd probably regret spending that much. Modern Warfare is still $30, I actually want to add that to my collection but that's way too much for a game from 2007. Better be in the summer sale.

Snuggler said:
Not bad, I kind of want it but I'd probably regret spending that much. Modern Warfare is still $30, I actually want to add that to my collection but that's way too much for a game from 2007. Better be in the summer sale.
Same here. I keep hearing CoD4 is good, but I'd much rather have it on Steam than anything else.

TheExodu5

Banned
CoD4 is great (better than MW2/Blops, IMO), but it does have a few issues: Punkbuster, and online profile is stored locally (therefore can be duplicated/hacked, and can also be lost in a format).
MRORANGE said:
just going to buy Duke Nukem, anyone know if any other DD store has it for cheaper?

(I know it's still steamworks)

D2D + referral code. I don't have it with me, but someone can probably post it. It's the code you get when a friend refers you, and it's universal. It will give you another 15% off (of $45).

DeVeAn

I really want Witcher 2 should I grab it now, probably won't play it for a month, or just wait until I am ready?

Salsa

id buy BLOPS for 5 bucks

DeVeAn said:
I really want Witcher 2 should I grab it now, probably won't play it for a month, or just wait until I am ready?

well if you are positive you wont play it for a month why would you buy it now?

I hope Tales of Monkey Island going on sales means Telltale are going to make the second goddamn season soon!

... :(

You can't bring it back, make the series awesome again and then leave it hanging!

Zzoram

DeVeAn said:

The Witcher 2 will almost certainly be featured in the Steam Summer Sale in early July and will likely go for 25% off so $37.49 like many $49.99 new releases have done so in the past in 2-3 months after release, during a big Steam sale.

As for CoD: Almost nothing would convince me to get BLOPs at the moment. I will pick up CoD4 if it hits $5 though as that would be a double-dip, already having it for 360 and gotten a good many hours out of it (2007 was a good year for shooters - Bioshock, Orange Box, Halo 3, CoD 4.)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Calibrated Chaos said:
Are the first two red faction games worth it? $2.49 each.
Went through 1 recently, and enjoyed it enough. Super fun just making holes in everything.

Play a round of Blops, proceeded to delete.

DeVeAn

SalsaShark said:
oh i didnt see that, not on sale here

how much of a discount?
20% now $39.99 I know the game is worth that easy, got a lot on my plate kinda makes me think twice before buying.

Edit: So you guys think it will be in the summer sale? Then I can wait a little longer than.

3chopl0x said:
Really wish Telltale would consolidate the launchers after all the episodes are released.

No kidding. I've got a separate category for them because of how much there is.

Also, I'm not seeing the TF2 item for Red Faction pre-orders. I already pre-ordered the game weeks ago, will I still get the item?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
LastWindow said:
Also, I'm not seeing the TF2 item for Red Faction pre-orders. I already pre-ordered the game weeks ago, will I still get the item?

Yeah, you will. They gave you the first two Red factions, you'll get the Pyro melee weapon reskin.

Apparently Red Faction's got issues with modern gpu's, as in it won't run at all, but it looks like there's a fan made patch. I'm going to give it a shot.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
snack said:
Try this one:

2A6C56A173C42AEA4C00AA496F1CD4AB

And if anyone needs 15% referral codes, PM me!

Duke Nukem Forever is IP Restricted on Direct2Drive for me. Does anybody know if using a VPN I'll be able to buy it? Will it accept payments from International Paypal Accounts or International CCs, if it thinks my account is from the US?

drizzle said:
That's what I get from listening to the Tuesday bombcast yesterday. Oh well. :D

With the daily deals and dual midweek madnesses/weekend discounts, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a proper Summer Sale.

We will. Summer sales make too much money for both Valve and the 3rd party publishers to not have a summer sale. Remember, it isn't just for us that they have these huge sales, they do it primarily for themselves. We just happen to benefit from the sales.

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah, you will. They gave you the first two Red factions, you'll get the Pyro melee weapon reskin.

Apparently Red Faction's got issues with modern gpu's, as in it won't run at all, but it looks like there's a fan made patch. I'm going to give it a shot.

Oh, okay. When will I get the first two Red Faction games?

MRORANGE

snack said:
Try this one:

2A6C56A173C42AEA4C00AA496F1CD4AB

And if anyone needs 15% referral codes, PM me!

thanks dude, still the same code so it didn't work I'm afraid, nvm just gonna buy it on steam.

snack

drizzle said:
Duke Nukem Forever is IP Restricted on Direct2Drive for me. Does anybody know if using a VPN I'll be able to buy it? Will it accept payments from International Paypal Accounts or International CCs, if it thinks my account is from the US?
I can buy an extra for you. PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom