• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

MrOogieBoogie said:
Oh no, that is not reassuring news.
I didn't put in *that* much effort to try to fix it. Actually, I remember now... I think dumbing down one of the details (post-processing maybe? It was a while back) made it playable, but I dropped it like a hot potato because if I can't play a game that old in maxtreme detail on my rig, why should I?
Lime said:
@Shaneus

Make sure your GPU software isn't overriding any application settings. Turn off whatever solution you currently are using.
It's possible I may have had RadeonPro running... I'll give it another crack tonight and see how I go, though I don't really care a great deal about if it works or not.

Lime

Shaneus said:
It's possible I may have had RadeonPro running... I'll give it another crack tonight and see how I go, though I don't really care a great deal about if it works or not.

Blood Money is a good game. When it clicks, it really is amazing, so you should care at least a little bit about getting it to run properly and playing some missions (assuming you haven't tried the game before).

KarmaCow

Has the time played rolled back for anyone else? I powered through AC2 for the past few days but it says I've only played it for 4 hours total. I know I've played longer than that and time played counter was around 17 hours total yesterday.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Lime said:
Blood Money is a good game. When it clicks, it really is amazing, so you should care at least a little bit about getting it to run properly and playing some missions (assuming you haven't tried the game before).

I think you keep meaning to reply to me and not Shaneus.

Volcynika

MacGurcules said:
It's Steam. It's not like people actually buy anything unless it's 75% off.

Ok, you're still missing the point. :eek:

He said Dead Space, I was joking because I knew he meant Dead Space 2.

vocab

someguyinahat said:
Are the Tales of Monkey Island episodes about the same gameplay length as the Sam & Max ones?

Yes. 2-5 hours each. It's the best set of Telltale games next to Sam and Max season 2.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh shit, I didn't know RF: Guerrilla was on sale for $5. I played it some on PS3 back when it came out but I've been hankering to give it another shot on my PC.

perfect, I love you Steam

Sanic

Shaneus said:
I loved Guerrilla... are the first two worth getting for a bit of a fuck around?

I would say so, at least for the price. Grab the first one, and if you like it, consider getting the second at the end of the sale, although most consider it to be fairly sub-par relative to the original.

Shaneus said:
I loved Guerrilla... are the first two worth getting for a bit of a fuck around?

The first Red Faction is worth playing. It's a really fun first person shooter that took its narrative cues from Half-Life (you don't leave the perspective of the protagonist while playing, the game isn't broken up by levels and you can overhear bits and pieces of the plot from NPC's interacting with each other) and has the inventive environment destruction mechanic. If you don't mind playing older games like Deus Ex or Half-life, you'll have no problem jumping into Red Faction. Just make sure you grab Pure Faction, the fan made patch that gets Red Faction functioning on modern systems.

Red Faction 2 kind of sucked. I played through the first hour, didn't bother to ever beat it. I might give it another shot now that I own it.

jaundicejuice said:
The first Red Faction is worth playing. It's a really fun first person shooter that took its narrative cues from Half-Life (you don't leave the perspective of the protagonist while playing, the game isn't broken up by levels and you can overhear bits and pieces of the plot from NPC's interacting with each other) and has the inventive environment destruction mechanic. If you don't mind playing older games like Deus Ex or Half-life, you'll have no problem jumping into Red Faction. Just make sure you grab Pure Faction, the fan made patch that gets Red Faction functioning on modern systems.

Red Faction 2 kind of sucked. I played through the first hour, didn't bother to ever beat it. I might give it another shot now that I own it.

Red Faction 2 has a hilariously bad plot.

Gameplay was, from what I very vaguely remember, kind of limited for its time, due to the restraints from consoles (PS2 :( ). Some boss encounter were rather frustrating, that I do remember. Also the severe lack of actual destruction of environments.
You couldn't dig a "surprise" tunnel like you could in the mines of the first.

It will be fun comparing a replay with memory.

LegoDad

Zeitgeister said:
Red Faction 2 has a hilariously bad plot.

Gameplay was, from what I very vaguely remember, kind of limited for its time, due to the restraints from consoles (PS2 :( ). Some boss encounter were rather frustrating, that I do remember. Also the severe lack of actual destruction of environments.
You couldn't dig a "surprise" tunnel like you could in the mines of the first.

It will be fun comparing a replay with memory.

Red Faction 2 you could blow right through the walls if you wanted to. just only certain elements allowed you to do that, have to have some type of border to the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
wow, COD: MW3 won't have dedi servers? too funny. I wonder if it will be Steamworks like MW2 and BLOPS.
I think so, has to cut down on the Piracy, since you can't play online with a Pirated version as far as I am aware.

Exuro

LovingSteam said:
wow, COD: MW3 won't have dedi servers? too funny. I wonder if it will be Steamworks like MW2 and BLOPS.
I don't see why it wouldn't. It'll probably stay Steamworks until Blizzard gets Battle.net set up for 3rd party games if that ever happens.

Salsa

so.. first time playing COD multiplayer, US server with terrible ping

ihuxW.png

are people supposed to suck?

hamchan

SalsaShark said:
so.. first time playing COD multiplayer, US server with terrible ping

are people supposed to suck?

You are playing Domination so the goal is to capture and defend points instead of just killing. Also it's on Nuketown which is a crappy small map that requires little strategy yet people seem to love it. Also yes, a lot of people suck at the game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
hamchan said:
You are playing Domination so the goal is to capture and defend points instead of just killing. Also it's on Nuketown which is a crappy small map that requires little strategy yet people seem to love it. Also yes, a lot of people suck at the game.
But he's playing CoD. It's all about the K/D yo.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
hamchan said:

Also it's Call of Duty which is the FPS equivalent of The Sims or Bejewelled.

Salsa

hamchan said:

its a mess, and to think i got mad when people just fragged instead of doing objectives in TF2/BC2

all modes are FRAGFEST here

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SalsaShark said:
its a mess, and to think i got mad when people just fragged instead of doing objectives in TF2/BC2

all modes are FRAGFEST here
You are playing on Nuketown.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Actually no. That's like calling TF2 a fragfest because of 2fort which we all know is a load of bullshit.

kamspy

I wonder if LOLtaku means that it will be using privately hosted servers like BLOPS and BFBC2. Opposed to handing out server code.

minx

Just bought a Portege R835-P50X due to the free 360 included being impossible to resist. I know this isn't a gaming machine but what are some quick pick up and play games that could run on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom