• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

We're playing some tdm in blops if anyone wants to join (east coast server)
enable the dev console in options and paste this: connect 208.167.235.175:3074

edit: guess no one wants to play, ha. we're gonna go play wager or something. you guys can still use the server with your friends.

Sanic

Wow, the stuttering in Black Ops is pretty bad. I'm running a low-end quad core, but still, it's almost constant.

XeroSauce

SalsaShark said:
Probably because now its not just up to them

Try playing some other maps, Salsa; I know most of the servers run Nuketown, but there are at least 8-12 solid rotation Dom servers that run actual good maps.

And don't be a killwhore. ;)

Salsa

jaundicejuice said:
HOW?

I bought Borderlands GotY, I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever, I signed up for the Duke Nukem Club thing...HOW DO I GET THE DEMO!?!

check the thread dude

its right there

It's fun to think that one gets the demo with borderlands on steam, but not the preorder on steam.

Really messed up. You could have bought it literally anywhere and gotten a demo and extra, but not on steam.

How the hell does that make sense? What am I supposed to do with a box and a disk I'll never use? Encourage global warming or something? Make creative art out of it (and then encourage global wa...ok, I've had enough of this)

Something completely different: has anyone here completed the campaign of Anomaly: Warzone Earth? Because I've no idea how I'm supposed to beat the last mission. :(

Joe Molotov

WUhP7.jpg

Damn it Gearbox, fix your shitty website, I don't care if 100,000 people are trying to access it right now.

Joe Molotov

Took me about 15 minutes, but I finally got the page to load enough that it spit out a code. I'm now officially coming "to get some."

Drkirby said:
Is it me or did the Free Weekend have virtually no effect on the max players playing Black Ops?

It's still late Thursday/early Friday morning as of this posting. Wait until later Friday/Saturday to check for a boost.

I just want to do everyone a favor by saying that Red Faction 2 is one of the worst (functional) games on Steam, unless you have nostalgia running through your veins don't bother.

Red Faction and Guerrilla are both awesome though.

Ploid 3.0

Drkirby said:
Is it me or did the Free Weekend have virtually no effect on the max players playing Black Ops?

I played one match and quit. I like TF2 more. Will probably try again when my friend download it.

Lime

If someone 10 years ago told me what the current state of gaming would become I'd laugh at his face and tell him to go away.

markot

Banned
Oh god......

I thought it was an outfit for your dog, like you said, like the ye olde horse armour....

They somehow managed to top that awfulness in ways I never imagined >_>

God-damn Molyneux... Is this what you want to be remembered for? Remember when you were a great? A TITAN?!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
markot said:
God-damn Molyneux... Is this what you want to be remembered for? Remember when you were a great? A TITAN?!
Well, then there's farts. Fable is all about farts.

And birds shitting on you. And finding used condoms.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
MrOogieBoogie said:
Guys, here's the strange graphical issue I'm encountering with Hitman: Blood Money:

hitman1.png

That's what it looks like in-game. You can't see shit.

hitman2.png

When I bring up the options menu, you can see where the character is supposed to be, but even then the game has zero color.

Anyone know wtf is going on?

So... no one else has any ideas?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah usually when I see stuff like that in a game it's from forcing AA, usually a specific type of AA that it doesn't like.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey guys,

Guys listen.

I'm done with Steam. I'm switching over to Origin.

It's been really nice popping in every once and a while.

Who's making the Origin |OT|?

morningbus said:
Hey guys,

Guys listen.

I'm done with Steam. I'm switching over to Origin.

It's been really nice popping in every once and a while.

Who's making the Origin |OT|?
Well, with such a compelling and lately well-proven trademark like that, who can blame you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LOL going to EA? Have fun with the dark side as they attempt to ruin the DD market. Speaking of the dark side, last call for KOTOR before they make it exclusive to that.

Hanzou

Dice said:
LOL going to EA? Have fun with the dark side as they attempt to ruin the DD market. Speaking of the dark side, last call for KOTOR before they make it exclusive to that.

Check your sarcasm meter, I think its broken.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Strange question.. my friend was playing the Torchlight demo this week and then bought the full game.

But now her game list has Torchlight Demo and Torchlight in it (with different play times) AND they have separate achievement lists.. with the demo having an extra achievement (67 as opposed to 66). Although looking over the list it must be a hidden achievement, cause I didn't see anything not on the original game's list.

Is that how Steam handles all demos? It's a bit odd.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Princess Skittles said:
Strange question.. my friend was playing the Torchlight demo this week and then bought the full game.

But now her game list has Torchlight Demo and Torchlight in it (with different play times) AND they have separate achievement lists.. with the demo having an extra achievement (67 as opposed to 66). Although looking over the list it must be a hidden achievement, cause I didn't see anything not on the original game's list.

Is that how Steam handles all demos? It's a bit odd.

As far as I'm aware Steam has always treated demos and complete games as separate entities. With regards to the demo achievements, I imagine Runic left Steamworks integration intact and they simply didn't bother removing the achievements that are beyond the scope of the demo. The additional, invisible achievement attributed to said demo is most likely a bug.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
JaseC said:
As far as I'm aware Steam has always treated demos and complete games as separate entities. With regards to the demo achievements, I imagine Runic left Steamworks integration intact and they simply didn't bother removing the achievements that are beyond the scope of the demo. The additional, invisible achievement attributed to said demo is most likely a bug.
It just seems like a strange thing to clutter up somebody's game list with.

Not a MAJOR thing, though I can imagine more OCD folks would go nuts with it, kind of like the 0 Achievement XBLA demo fiasco years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom