• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
TheExodu5 said:
I've never heard of that. I usually just delete a demo and it disappears from my list entirely.
That's what I thought too (I swear I had played demos on Steam personally), could just be unique to Torchlight's demo.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you don't buy the DLC then Microsoft won't release more DLC.

It is your duty to buy that DLC.

morningbus

Oh, I figured I'll just stay in here and talk about Origin anyway.

Because PC = Steam, you know.

Currently no sales for the Origin launch. I bet they'll come, though. I've been liking everything EA related on Facebook, just in case.

morningbus said:
Oh, I figured I'll just stay in here and talk about Origin anyway.

Because PC = Steam, you know.

Currently no sales for the Origin launch. I bet they'll come, though. I've been liking everything EA related on Facebook, just in case.

Sale? Electronic Arts doesn't need a sale, if you pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition on Origin, you can get a beret and shotgun for Battlefield F2P! Right now!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
animlboogy said:
You're having a really weird reaction to this Origin thing. You're really that mad abut EA possibly pulling games from Steam that you need to go all joke character about it?

Buy it and put it in your Steam list like the rest of us.
Do you have something against humor? Are you missing all the jokes?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
LocoMrPollock said:
Judging by the demo, it's pretty shitty. Looks, plays and feels like a really bad flash game.
Bummer, I (probably) don't have to play the demo myself. Thanks though.

I was almost allured by the Steam achievements, LOL.

LastWindow said:

Here's my recommendation for Numen.

1zlyczm.jpg

jaundicejuice said:
Hey LocoMrPollock, what's the community for Section 8: Prejudice like?

Last time I was on it, it was still pretty packed. I've been meaning to grab the new maps and jump on it again.

Blizzard

Banned
Valve's doing it all wrong with their store. If they sold outfits like THIS for $2, then they'd be raking in the cash!

fable3_outfit2kvf.jpg

Also, anyone have opinions on Still Life/Still Life 2? (apparently the first game was also a sequel to some game called Post Mortem). They looked kinda interesting though I'd probably wait for a summer sale or whatnot.

Here's hoping I like Section 8: Prejudice more than Brink. I needs me a new multiplayer game and after skimming through the OT, reading some user impressions and reviews, doesn't look like you can go wrong buying this game.

Is anyone else a little amazed that the Fable 3 addon crap is being sold through Steam and not through GFWL? I'd kind of expect a Microsoft published game to be the last one to give that up.

morningbus

animlboogy said:
Buy it and put it in your Steam list like the rest of us.

I know, right? That's why I'm talking about it here.

Because everything can be added to Steam, everything can be discussed here.

Anyone try out the new Firefox minefield release? I'm having problems using the overlay with it.

Microsoft finally realised it's in their best interest to help promote their service by making their games available through Steam. It's just a pity that that game is Fable 3.

Beyond Fable 3 and that ftp Age of Empires has there been any further PC support announced from MS? Should we even expect anything at E3? Or is GFWL going to get quietly swept under the mat yet again?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jaundicejuice said:
Microsoft finally realised it's in their best interest to help promote their service by making their games available through Steam. It's just a pity that that game is Fable 3.

Beyond Fable 3 and that ftp Age of Empires has there been any further PC support announced from MS? Should we even expect anything at E3? Or is GFWL going to get quietly swept under the mat yet again?

Flight (the new Flight Simulator). Nothing else currently announced. Presumably MS will publish the new Mechwarrior if it ever gets finished, and they may/may not be PC/360.

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
Also, anyone have opinions on Still Life/Still Life 2? (apparently the first game was also a sequel to some game called Post Mortem). They looked kinda interesting though I'd probably wait for a summer sale or whatnot.

There was a few stupid puzzles, but Still Life 1 was really good IMO. Haven't played 2 yet, but I'm thinking about playing them both this weekend.

Then I look forward to Microsoft's E3 presentation with baited breath!

Which is to say I expect nothing, Fable 3 was likely the first and last Microsoft published PC game we'll see on Steam

LocoMrPollock said:
Last time I was on it, it was still pretty packed. I've been meaning to grab the new maps and jump on it again.

Where do you purchase the map pack from? Is there an option in-game or will I have to do this through the GFWL client? The game is currently downloading/installing and I don't see an option to buy the content through Steam.

ArjanN

Joe Molotov said:
There was a few stupid puzzles, but Still Life 1 was really good IMO. Haven't played 2 yet, but I'm thinking about playing them both this weekend.

Yeah, Still Life 1 is one of the best post-sierra/lucasarts adventure games IMO.

And it's sort of a sequel to Post Mortem but not really. In Still Life 1 you alternate between two characters, one in 1920 Prague and one in modern day Chicago. The character you play in the 1920s is the main character from Post Mortem. But there are no real story ties between Post Mortem and Still Life, so you don't have to have played that game at all.

Here: watch Still Life 1's amazing opening cutscene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cszz9cBx-ys

morningbus said:
I know, right? That's why I'm talking about it here.

Because everything can be added to Steam, everything can be discussed here.

Anyone try out the new Firefox minefield release? I'm having problems using the overlay with it.
That makes me laugh because some game opened up a webpage in Minefield the other day when I clicked a link. The Steam overlay message popped up and I tried it and couldn't close it after.

Blizzard said:

I was wondering about these also. I saw them both pop up on Steam the other day and added them to my wishlist. Looks pretty good to me...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Random question: is it normal for AssBro to have issues when you're playing offline? My internet went down last night, and when I tried to play it, it had some really bad stuttering, to the point of being unplayable. Now that my internet is back up, it's running fine.

screw u ubisoft

XeroSauce

sk3tch said:
Didn't see this in the last couple pages:

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition is $39.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

Says $49.99 for me.

Snuggler said:
Random question: is it normal for AssBro to have issues when you're playing offline? My internet went down last night, and when I tried to play it, it had some really bad stuttering, to the point of being unplayable. Now that my internet is back up, it's running fine.

screw u ubisoft

Ubisoft does like to have it's servers running while you play, but that shouldn't affect gameplay to the point of stuttering. Maybe it was constantly trying to connect?

Anyways, I agree, fuck UbiDRM. Pain in the ass to play multiplayer sometimes (and it takes three screens jsut to get to the damn game, bloody hell).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MacGurcules said:
Is anyone else a little amazed that the Fable 3 addon crap is being sold through Steam and not through GFWL? I'd kind of expect a Microsoft published game to be the last one to give that up.
This entire "let's sell it through Steam" seems like a huge test of grounds by Microsoft.

I'm pretty sure they're measuring how many copies sold through Steam versus GFWL, including the DLC.

We all know it's idiotic to sell shit through games for windows live - It's a market Microsoft took too long to notice.

I'd love if they could keep Games for Windows as a platform, but sell the games through Steam.

Volcynika

MooMoo said:
I'm US and it shows up as $49.99 too. Maybe you're the lucky chosen one?

I'm in the US and see it as $39.99

Has the "Save 20% on The Witcher 2" It's part of some E3 promo (was mentioned at the GOG conference, I think)

Think it's complete bullshit I preordered it for $45, and two weeks later it's $40....but whatever. Kind of a dick move.

Volcynika said:
I'm in the US and see it as $39.99

I'm in the US and it was 39.99 for me yesterday. I may go ahead and purchase later today.

EDIT: For those that aren't showing the 39.99 price, do you own Witcher 1? This is a bit out there but maybe it's a promo only for those that own the first game?

Volcynika

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I'm in the US and it was 39.99 for me yesterday. I may go ahead and purchase later today.

EDIT: For those that aren't showing the 39.99 price, do you own Witcher 1? This is a bit out there but maybe it's a promo only for those that own the first game?

I own The Witcher 1 on Steam, for reference. But this price promo is also for GameStop and Amazon.

This is kinda random, but did you guys ever play Silent Storm? Good game. I wonder why it isn't on Steam. That was JoWood, wasn't it? We've got Gothic and Painkiller. Why no Silent Storm?

HOW IS SECTION 8: PREJUDICE JUST A 15$ GAME!? This doesn't make sense. It has a single player campaign that seems to be on par with most big budget release. I would argue what little I've played of Section 8: Prejudice's campaign is better than either of Brink's campaigns. I know it's supposed to be short, but it's just mind boggling that what should simply be a multiplayer-only digital download title has a single player campaign as its tutorial. That's just...what?

And I love how fantastic the setting and play mechanics are with the power suit wearing soldiers. The ability to speed dash or fly around with the jet pack are simply awesome. And the whole skydiving into a map as the spawning mechanic is brilliant.

Mr_Zombie

Blizzard said:

There were some filler puzzles (for example baking cookies) in Still Life 1, and the game ended with sort of a clifhanger, but overall the game was fun. I really recommend it. Dunno about Still Life 2, because I haven't played it yet (only recently discovered it was released), but the lower metacritic score kind of worries me :/.

drizzle said:
Because the original Section 8 didn't sell shit as a $60 game.

Well it's 10$ now and I will buy it.

Edit: I just want to add that this teaser trailer for the first game...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/38220/?snr=1_4_4__13

...is totally echoing Starship Troopers. It may as well be Rico sitting there in the power armor complaining about how nervous he gets right before an orbital drop. The only thing missing from the drop itself is the multi-stage drop cap peeling away in the upper atmosphere.

I just booted up prejudice after a few weeks of not playing and the servers are all empty, wtf :/ I hate the fact that there are so many fps games out there most of them die within a month.

Diablohead said:
I just booted up prejudice after a few weeks of not playing and the servers are all empty, wtf :/ I hate the fact that there are so many fps games out there most of them die within a month.

Maybe cause the call of booty weekend?

Exuro

TF2 got updated.

Added the Red Faction promo item
The Maul
Added upcoming promo items for Magic: The Gathering
Added additional community submitted response rules
Doubled the item drop rate for the next week
Updated the Conjurer's Cowl to be paintable
Updated the webapi output to include the names of the drop_type and holiday_restriction fields
Updated the localization files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom