• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopolon

bucknuticus said:
So I already have Trine and was looking at buying the forzenbyte collection, if I buy it can I gift the extra Trine I will have? Or wont it let me?

I don't think it will. You should always assume on Steam it won't let you gift it unless it explicitly states you can.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
3chopl0x said:
The fuck is this (Australia)

http://i.imgur.com/urKKa.png

Yeah, I jumped on the Steam website to see how much CoD4 is and was greeted by the fact the base price of MW2 is still USD$90. :/ Think I paid around AUD$40 for a key when it was released and I still feel burned; haven't bought a CoD game since.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Weenerz said:
Don't really recommend buying MW2, the community is dead. Takes forever to find a game in any gametype. Since there isn't dedicated servers, you can't browse servers. Go with CoD4 imo.
Bullshit. There were 30k+ users on this afternoon when I took a screen. The matching making sucks and your nat type may be screwy, but the game is far from dead.

markot

Banned
Dont buy any of the Cod games if you have a soul and heart and integrity and so forth >.<

And Magic pre order works now.

The dungeon siege 3 demo was pretty lackluster... boring gameplay, slow awkward movement, something not just right about the camera angles, looks pretty lame cranked up.

samoset

Call of Duty 4 is such a great game, but punkbuster is such a piece of shit I haven't been able to get it running. It keep going in loops of punkbuster is out of date please go to evenbalalence to update, and when I do it plays the same message. And even when I find a version that says that I'm up to date COD4 gives me the message "error unable to initialize punkbuster, punkbuster is disabled."

samoset said:
Call of Duty 4 is such a great game, but punkbuster is such a piece of shit I haven't been able to get it running. It keep going in loops of punkbuster is out of date please go to evenbalalence to update, and when I do it plays the same message. And even when I find a version that says that I'm up to date COD4 gives me the message "error unable to initialize punkbuster, punkbuster is disabled."
go here and download pbsetup.exe, add cod4 to the list and check for updates

vocab

samoset said:

steam overlay conflict is the cause most likely.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
scorpscarx said:
The dungeon siege 3 demo was pretty lackluster... boring gameplay, slow awkward movement, something not just right about the camera angles, looks pretty lame cranked up.

Yeah. :/ Really underwhelming. Obsidian just phoned this one in.

Fredescu

They phoned in the port to PC. If you can get past the bad kbm controls and huge TV interface, it plays pretty well with a controller. I enjoyed my time with it.

samoset

Mr Nightman said:
go here and download pbsetup.exe, add cod4 to the list and check for updates
Thank you. I was missing pressing update after I added the game to the list. I would be pressing update before I added any games to the list and it would tell me everything was up to date, so I thought I was fine. Completely unintuitive.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Fredescu said:
They phoned in the port to PC. If you can get past the bad kbm controls and huge TV interface, it plays pretty well with a controller. I enjoyed my time with it.

I didn't even bother trying it with KB&M, actually. Went straight to the controller.

Fredescu said:

Yeah, it seems like a really good imitation of BG:Dark Alliance and the Champions games. Which isn't a bad thing. No one else has really been able to come close to those in terms of quality.

samoset said:
Thank you. I was missing pressing update after I added the game to the list. I would be pressing update before I added any games to the list and it would tell me everything was up to date, so I thought I was fine. Completely unintuitive.
no prob, it fix it?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How's CoD4 on the PC? It was the last CoD game I enjoyed so I thought I'd jump into some MP just for the heck of it. Hows the community?

Rufus

JaseC said:
Like GamersGate, does D2D give you a key with Steamworks games?
Yes. Notice that there's a "Requires 3rd party download" icon on the store pages of those titles. (Surely them being Steamworks titles means that they have to give you a key.)

JaseC

Rufus said:
Yes. Notice that there's a "Requires 3rd party download" icon on the store pages of those titles. (Surely them being Steamworks titles means that they have to give you a key.)

Yeah, I noticed that soon after I posted, but didn't bother to edit. :p Cheers.

Currently um'ing and ah'ing over the possibility of pre-ordering Deus Ex: HR from D2D. ~$43 for the AE with the pre-order discount + referral discount.

ArjanN

Ookami-kun said:
Should I get the Frozenbyte pack? I am not sure if there are people still playing those games =/

Yes.

The only multiplayer in those games is co-op anyway. So really you only need one friend, or find someone on GAF to play with.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually looking more on Asian-based players, due different pings :p

I'm gonna wait and see if the daily deal is a better game.

JaseC

bigjimmystyle said:
Can we expect anything from Valve at E3?

Valve said a while back that they won't have a presence at E3. We'll likely see Dota 2 at GamesCom, though, along with a release date of some fashion.

Then their schedule is wide-open for a formal announcement of Episode Three/Half-Life 3. ;)

Oreoleo

JaseC said:
Valve said a while back that they won't have a presence at E3. We'll likely see Dota 2 at GamesCom, though, along with a release date of some fashion.

Then their schedule is wide-open for a formal announcement of Episode Three/Half-Life 3. ;)

Don't tease me!

JaseC said:

Uh some reports are saying Nintendo is debuting the trailer to Episode 3 later today with an announcement that Valve is helping with their online service. Releases next year WIIu, PS3, 360 and of course PC.

Gabe Newell's gonna walk out saying "did you rike?"

source:
my dreams

Volcynika

Ookami-kun said:
Should I get the Frozenbyte pack? I am not sure if there are people still playing those games =/

The Frozenbyte games have online? I know that Trine doesn't, and I remember hearing that the Shadowgrounds games only have local as well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, you shouldn't buy Call of Duty because Activision put a microchip up my butt to track my bathroom behavior. EA has promised to remove the chip and implant one that allows me to poop faster.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Corky said:
How's CoD4 on the PC? It was the last CoD game I enjoyed so I thought I'd jump into some MP just for the heck of it. Hows the community?
Just over 9000 servers when I checked a moment a go and a shit load of servers packed with people.

Kerrinck

Stallion Free said:
Just over 9000 servers when I checked a moment a go and a shit load of servers packed with people.

Is the single player any good? This will be my first CoD game so I have no idea what I am getting into.

morningbus said:
Guys, you shouldn't buy Call of Duty because Activision put a microchip up my butt to track my bathroom behavior. EA has promised to remove the chip and implant one that allows me to poop faster.

In other words, BUY IT.

TheExodu5

Banned
MW1 and MW2 are among the best SP campains when it comes to linear corridor style shooters. Lots of variety, great controls/response, and some pretty interesting scenarios.

Blizzard

Banned
Kerrinck said:
Is the single player any good? This will be my first CoD game so I have no idea what I am getting into.
Perhaps you should specify what kind of FPS singleplayer styles you consider "any good", since otherwise you will probably get responses ranging from "terrible" to "awesome" based on what styles they prefer.

For instance, do you like heavily scripted gameplay with lots of exciting cutscenes, dramatic action, amazing plotlines, moving dialogue, and explodey explosions? If so, then let us know, and those of us who have played the game can give you better feedback. :)

apana

So any standard Xbox 360 wired controller will work for PC right? I'm getting tired of playing ASS Creed 2 with mouse and keyboard. What is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom