• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Questions about Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

• If I buy the Augmented Edition from an online retailer other than a DD service, do I get physical copies of the extra things? I'd love to have a real booklet and CD.
  • Is the game steamworks/steam registerable?
  • Does Steam give the extra content in digital or physical form?

Nabs

It's Steamworks.

Beat Hazard updated today. Adding new features in preparation for the Beat Hazard Ultra expansion pack.

Lots and lots of gameplay tweaks and improvements
Due to major gameplay changes your score and rank will be adjusted first time you run
Much improved gameplay for slower/quieter songs
Twitter support. The game will now tweet your high scores and achievements
New perk system
1.5 hours of awesome new indie music
Improved visuals & sound FX
Visual feedback & difficulty settings are now independent
More track leader boards
wavpack support
New play track options: Random, now playing, list, not played yet
Auto track indexing system

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tried a couple songs and the perks system now works like COD in that you are limited to three rather than stacking a shit ton of bonuses with each successive rank.

I also really appreciated the visual feedback thing being separated from difficulty.

apana said:
So any standard Xbox 360 wired controller will work for PC right? I'm getting tired of playing ASS Creed 2 with mouse and keyboard. What is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Probably Amazon, unless you luck out with some kind of local sale.

Zzoram

apana said:
So any standard Xbox 360 wired controller will work for PC right? I'm getting tired of playing ASS Creed 2 with mouse and keyboard. What is the cheapest place to buy it from?

Ya any wired 360 pad works on PC. The play and charge kit USB cable doesn't transmit data so it can't be used to turn a wireless pad into a wired one.

Volcynika

LovingSteam said:
Yea... no. Thats the last thing I need. People seeing my addiction.

I'm gonna go tell everyone about your addiction anyways!

EDIT: Anyone seen the new Alice pop up on Steam registry yet? I wants. :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Volcynika said:
The Frozenbyte games have online? I know that Trine doesn't, and I remember hearing that the Shadowgrounds games only have local as well.

Ah so they don't have online multi? Ow.

BentMyWookiee said:
Jamestown is out on Steam today for $8.99. No idea if it is any good, but it looks like an awesome shmup. I'll be picking it up afterwork today.

Also, the daily deal is Hacker Evolution: Untold for $5.10. Is this anything like Uplink? If so, I'll probably buy.

I've been looking forward to Jamestown for awhile Nice to see it release now. I'd also like to see some feedback on Hacker Evolution. Also, does the Untold version make the regular Hack Revolution obsolete?

Jamestown came out of nowhere! I have been waiting for it to have a release date and bam, out of nowhere. Ill be buying it at midnight when I get my check in my bank :).

Too bad it's not called Jaynestown.

1196398267194.jpg

Joe Molotov

OMG, I just figured it out. Steam. Steampowered.com. What else is steam-powered? Trains

header_292x136.jpg

It's like they've been throwing it right in our faces this whole time, and we never saw it!!!! Gabe made Steam just so he'd have an outlet for his model train hobby.

And this whole time he's been sitting in his basement, wearing a train conductor hat, and staring at his favorite model train do laps, all while having a huge frown on his face.

"Why haven't they figured it out yet!?"

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Volcynika said:
I'm gonna go tell everyone about your addiction anyways!

EDIT: Anyone seen the new Alice pop up on Steam registry yet? I wants. :(

I know this is the Steam thread and all but, you know, no one has set up the "Origin |OT|" for some unknown reason. But you can pre-order the game on EA's Origin: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.718200/productID.227290100

They even give you a free digital copy of the original Alice.

How could you refuse?

Magicka closes as soon I click Play. =/

I want to try it, it cost me $10!

EDIT: Not like it matters now, there's a goddamn blackout here. =\

Weenerz

Banned
The way EA is handling Steam is making me seriously consider not purchasing BF3, or any other EA PC title. I do not want to use their Origin service.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If they make Origin required for ME3 that will be the last straw and I will boycott them.

desu

Is it normal that EA games arent preorderable long before their release on steam? BF3 is still not up there :s.

Sober

apana said:
You could try amazon, or look for a knockoff, but I'm not sure how they would work.

Otherwise, it's going to be about 50$ for a new one almost no matter where. Amazon for me wasn't really worth it with shipping and the price (which is essentially the same). You could try Best Buy otherwise or local stores and see if they still carry them, though BB is probably your best bet. Even the downtown EBs didn't have wired (at least in Toronto). You could also try Wal-Mart and see if they have some, or the windows ones (they're pretty much the white ones in red Games for Windows packaging) that include the drivers. I was pretty ticked off after finding out a local wal-mart had white ones but I stopped caring pretty quickly.

garath said:
Need more Hacker Evolution impressions. Is it like Uplink? It seems a lot more story/adventure driven.

I've never played Uplink, so I can't comment on that, but Hacker bored the hell out of me. You basically just put in dos commands, over and over.

crack desk-11.corporate.com

login desk-25.corporate.com

upload desk-28.corporate.com

And so on and so forth. Not sure if the full game is any better, but I won't be finding out since the story and writing is pretty bad, as is the presentation.

StarEye said:
Shadowgrounds games any good?

Definitely worth the asking price. They're top-down survival horror games with lite rpg elements. They play good, and look good enough. Story and setting isn't half bad either.

Clydefrog

What's so frustrating about playing Ass Creed 2 with mouse and keyboard?

All I had to do was write down on a piece of paper the controls...

"red = shift
yellow = E
blue = left mouse button
grey = right mouse button"

etc etc

Echoplx

Bobby Truffles said:
When you edit your profile (Community > Edit my Profile) you'll see a 'Click to link your Facebook profile now' link.

Ok, so what does it actually do now that it's linked? lol

3chopl0x said:
Ok, so what does it actually do now that it's linked? lol

Allows you to easily find friends who have also linked their Facebook pages. There's probably more, but they haven't written the faq yet. It'll be out this week.

Sober

Clydefrog said:
What's so frustrating about playing Ass Creed 2 with mouse and keyboard?

All I had to do was write down on a piece of paper the controls...

"red = shift
yellow = E
blue = left mouse button
grey = right mouse button"

etc etc
I didn't find it that difficult. I got used to it after an hour into AC1. None of the controls changed, except for eagle vision and first person mode not being the same thing as in the first but rather two different functions. But it is weird that they only address that in ACBro when they finally have the keybinds up instead of the puppet icons.

ZZMitch

Kerrinck said:
Is the single player any good? This will be my first CoD game so I have no idea what I am getting into.

I am playing through it right now for the 3rd time (first time on PC) and it is just as awesome, if not better, then I remember it. You would be doing a disservice to yourself not to play it.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Sooo buying Jamestown later today. It looks awesome. Too bad there doesn't seem to be online or at least LAN co-op.

Oh wow just realized that. 4 people plugging into a pc with controllers and playing on a tv i guess isn't that much different than doing the same with a console.

Facebook and Steam linking? Sweet, finally. I've been waiting for a way to easily find all my Facebook friends on Steam.

Edit: And no one else seems to have linked their profiles yet. Oh well...

PaulLFC

Only just noticed you can edit your community URL, I never knew that. Knew you could edit your display name, but I didn't realise your custom URL could be edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom