• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
plc268 said:
For one, don't download pirated copies of leaked games.

But to answer your question, if you feel a reinstall is needed, move all your game files to a different folder, then reinstall. After reinstalling, move the game files back to the original folder.

1) It's a press demo, not the full version of the game

2) There's a massive thread about it here on the GAF where people have posted their impressions.

3) Eidos Montreal has encouraged that people post their impressions of the press demo. They've permitted these discussions on their own forums, Kyle Stallock, their Community Manager, wanted to know what people there and on other forums think of the press demo.

4) The leaked press demo has done more to sell people on this game than any previous bits of media.

I don't get how you can equate downloading a press demo to pirating the game, but whatever, that's your bag. Sure you could argue that the average punter shouldn't have access to media materials, but it's out in the wild and it's clearly been made fair game.

I haven't downloaded myself, but I am glad others have and have shared their unguarded opinions.

Blizzard

Banned
markot said:
So there is no steam daily deal?!
There is (Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood), but for whatever reason Valve hated the developer so much that they didn't even put it on the front page, and also made it the 11th out of 11 deals, so it just barely falls off the normal frontpage specials section.

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
There is (Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood), but for whatever reason Valve hated the developer so much that they didn't even put it on the front page, and also made it the 11th out of 11 deals, so it just barely falls off the normal frontpage specials section.

They made the right decision, it's a terrible game.

Shaneus

SalsaShark said:
Seven all the way

Just-Cause-2copia.jpg
After an absence, I've started replaying this again. It's that fucking hard to active play through the story it's ridiculous. Too much shit to do!

It's impossible to pass through a new site and not want to 100% liberate it.

Gamejunky

Hope Amnesia goes on sale soon, I've seen it on sale so many times but for whatever reason passed on it everytime. I'll definitely pick it up next time.

Shaneus

Gamejunky said:
Hope Amnesia goes on sale soon, I've seen it on sale so many times but for whatever reason passed on it everytime. I'll definitely pick it up next time.
The money you save can buy you a new pair of underwear. You'll need them.

Make sure they're brown.

Gvaz

Banned
Amnesia is the best game and you're only shooting yourself in the foot for wanting to pay less.

It's worth every penny.

One of my friends who even likes brogaming type shit (a girl) is in love with it and thinks its the best $20 ever spent.

Just up and buy it right now.

Gamejunky said:

You missed out. A couple of weeks ago Onlive gave it away free.

Gamejunky

Gvaz said:
Amnesia is the best game and you're only shooting yourself in the foot for wanting to pay less.

It's worth every penny.

One of my friends who even likes brogaming type shit (a girl) is in love with it and thinks its the best $20 ever spent.

Just up and buy it right now.

Probably only delaying buying it because of my massive backlog. Just waiting for a sale more as a excuse lol

gotee12

Gamejunky said:
Probably only delaying buying it because of my massive backlog. Just waiting for a sale more as a excuse lol
You're just scared, pansy...

I only got about two hours in to the game before chickening out. :(

Do make sure to play it with a headset. A good surround sound set, if you can.

Gvaz

Banned
hawkshockey11 said:
If you have a good connection the IQ is pretty good for the game. Or so I've experienced.
I have a two megabyte download speed (it never used more than 700kilobyte) and when I played the RFA demo everything was muddy as hell, like I was playing some 240p video on youtube.

Aselith

jaundicejuice said:

2) There's a massive thread about it here on the GAF where people have posted their impressions.

3) Eidos Montreal has encouraged that people post their impressions of the press demo. They've permitted these discussions on their own forums, Kyle Stallock, their Community Manager, wanted to know what people there and on other forums think of the press demo.

4) The leaked press demo has done more to sell people on this game than any previous bits of media.

I don't get how you can equate downloading a press demo to pirating the game, but whatever, that's your bag. Sure you could argue that the average punter shouldn't have access to media materials, but it's out in the wild and it's clearly been made fair game.

I haven't downloaded myself, but I am glad others have and have shared their unguarded opinions.

Awesome! If they're giving it the ok, I'm going to download it.

plc268

jaundicejuice said:

Well that's cool, I guess. I haven't exactly kept up with the news regarding it. Generally, most of the early leaks are not welcomed by the dev/publisher, so that's where my statement came from.

Gvaz said:
I have a two megabyte download speed (it never used more than 700kilobyte) and when I played the RFA demo everything was muddy as hell, like I was playing some 240p video on youtube.

For some reason RFA looked like shit for me as well. Amnesia looks fine though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
All the EvE Online talk finally made me rejoin, and this time. I'm going to give it the full fledged try. Got the 5 free days for coming back and purchased the 2 months for 20$.

Gonna have to dig up the Gaf thread bother people there... Unless of course I kill myself over Vanquish First

Echoplx

Blizzard said:

It's been on the front page for me all day :s

L0gje.png

Dead Horde, which is a 2 player co-op title that will use Steamworks, is being released in July:

Official Website: http://www.deadhorde.com/
Trailer: http://youtu.be/IX6o5sjX2K8

As a survivor of the mutant virus together with a comrade or alone, you must make your way through the city levels, every new area uncovering new challenges to overcome and mutants to destroy. With a large variety of weapons at your disposal, together you must wipe out the hordes of flesh eating mutants. On the way you can use vehicles and clever puzzles must be solved, but teamwork is the key to survive the DEAD HORDE...

It'll have a 2 pack and it was made by the same group that did Booster Trooper.

Cheech

I am wondering when the summer deals start. If we are going by what happened last year, it would start about a week from now and run up until July 1st or so? Anyone heard anything? I was on vacation during last year's sale (same week as this year!), and like Pavlov's dogs, I was at my computer at 1p. Good times.

Cheech said:
I am wondering when the summer deals start. If we are going by what happened last year, it would start about a week from now and run up until July 1st or so? Anyone heard anything? I was on vacation during last year's sale (same week as this year!), and like Pavlov's dogs, I was at my computer at 1p. Good times.

It would run up to 10 AM in the morning, July 5..

I'm really annoyed that Alice MR isn't up on Steam yet. I know blah blah blah EA blah, but that's one game I wouldn't mind getting even if it got terrible mainstream reviews.

I know about the origin deal with the original and everything, still not buying it there.

So Ea makes a new store and decides not to release its new third-party games on Steam? Maybe we could get some confirmation on this other than the wait 2 weeks post release strategy.

Shahadan

SalsaShark said:
Seven all the way

Just-Cause-2copia.jpg

WTF man. Seeing your post I thought "hey what the hell I'll try Just Cause 2 Demo now I have a capable laptop"

30 seconds in I wanted the game on sale.

2 minutes in, I bought it.

What the fuck.

And 4.9 Go ? W.T.F is this game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gloomfire said:
How much in US American Dollars?
$10, the game is 2 months old and is right now 75% off (Normally $40)

The reviews go from waste of time to at best a average game. Doesn't seem like a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom