• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
PaulLFC said:
Shadow Harvest is the daily deal. It has a metascore of 36. Yeah.

I always wondered how you can review something a 36 versus a 50 or something.

Generally speaking, games that get a 50 are already terrible with almost no redeeming qualities. A 36 suggests that people should be arrested for even thinking about buying the game.

Forkball

Shadow Harvest must've bomba'd hard. It must be difficult to sell a $40 or $50 game on Steam without unanimous acclaim since there are hundreds of great games at much lower prices.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Forkball said:
Shadow Harvest must've bomba'd hard. It must be difficult to sell a $40 or $50 game on Steam without unanimous acclaim since there are hundreds of great games at much lower prices.
The fact that all the reviews said the game sucked likely didn't help.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve is simply preparing for the bandwidth onslaught that comes with the stealth release of HL3. ;)

Edit: Haha, of course service returns to normal by the time I post. :p

animlboogy said:
I'm not worried so much as very curious if something cool is coming.
Nah, I doubt it. Probably just a server crash, or something of the sort. Then again, it would be my luck if there's a Steam sale on this week, what with my debit card being frozen. D:

Gvaz

Banned
wienke said:
I always wondered how you can review something a 36 versus a 50 or something.

Generally speaking, games that get a 50 are already terrible with almost no redeeming qualities. A 36 suggests that people should be arrested for even thinking about buying the game.
No sorry, a score of 50 is average or "you can play it if you want but there are better games :\"

That being said, I saw the price for Shadow Harvest (a bad game) and laughed out loud. I don't think so Tim.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gvaz said:
No sorry, a score of 50 is average or "you can play it if you want but there are better games :\"

I've read a lot of reviews that more or less call a game bad in the text, yet give it something like a 6.5. It's funny how the scale works for some people.

it's usually:

10 - we got too excited
9 - very good
8 - eh, pretty good I guess
7 - average
6 to 1 - oh jesus this is turrible

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Snuggler said:
I've read a lot of reviews that more or less call a game bad in the text, yet give it something like a 6.5. It's funny how the scale works for some people.

it's usually:

10 - we got too excited
9 - very good
7 - average
I blame the education system.

However, scores below 50 are extremely rare and usually indicate a title that's broken beyond all help.

Gvaz

Banned
Snuggler said:

it's usually:

10 - we got too excited
9 - very good
7 - average
I know how critic reviews are, but the education system grading policy should not apply to media.

Shambles

Is there some sort of command line parameter I can use in order to skip the dialog box when you try to start crysis 2? Everytime I click on play it asks me if I really want to play, or if i want to view the support information (wtf?). This shit is annoying.

Ugh, cancel the summer sale. We don't need it. You guys have enough of our mo-..... actually you know what I would like to get the FEAR series.

GOD DAMN IT!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dice said:
What? but I'm not ready!

Same here, I'm gonna regret not putting aside a Steam sale fund. I think I might just drop like $60 into my Steam account and leave it at that. There aren't a ton of games on my wishlist, though, I'm just hoping for a few newer games like Dead Space and Crysis 2 to get cheap.

Oh shit, June 24th is payday for me. Dammit Valve.

Zimbardo

so assuming Steam have another big summer sale (i can't see why not), which games are you targeting for purchase?

myself, i'd like to get a nice deal on Lost Planet 2.

Dead Rising 2 was also on my list, but i bought that over the weekend.

the Fallout New Vegas expansion packs would also garner interest from me for the right price.

i already own many of the big titles, and many other things from previous sales, so i dunno what else there'd be that would interest me.

amrod

Zimbardo said:
so assuming Steam have another big summer sale (i can't see why not), which games are you targeting for purchase?

the Fallout New Vegas expansion packs would also garner interest from me for the right price.

I want all of them to go on sale.....

Luigi87

Zimbardo said:

i already own many of the big titles, and many other things from previous sales, so i dunno what else there'd be that would interest me.

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines

... Hey, if D2D can put it on sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom