• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Luigi87 said:
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines

If Bloodlines doesn't show up by the end up the sale, I demand that you scumbags buy it anyways. Seriously, I just took the plunge and I'm mad at myself for not doing it sooner. It's just that good, man.

I'm actually kind of kicking myself for not buying the THQ catalogue last summer sale because I've ended up acquiring most of the games they have on Steam anyways.

Dawn of War and its expansions.
Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising
Codemasters racing pack and/or Dirt 3

I'm also kind of at the point where I own most of the older releases on Steam that I want, I think I'd be more interested in a GoG summer sale than a Steam one at this point.

Advance_Alarm said:
I'm a noob, so what exactly is the STEAM summer sale?

Your credit card bill and Steam game collection grow to frightening proportions.

Sanic

Anybody know when Green Man Gaming pre-purchases would end? I think i've decided I want to pick up DNF from them, but probably won't get around to it until tomorrow, or 10 or so hours from now. I wonder if I would be good?

IrishNinja

Snuggler said:
If Bloodlines doesn't show up by the end up the sale, I demand that you scumbags buy it anyways. Seriously, I just took the plunge and I'm mad at myself for not doing it sooner. It's just that good, man.

this is my plan, fuck waiting on another halloween sale. if its not in the summer one somehow, i'll buy on the last day.

gotee12

S-s-summer sale? Bu-bu-bu-but I haven't even, eck, e-even touched all the games from the wi-wi-wint-winter s-s-sale!!..!!!...?

intervention.gif

Pandoracell said:
Anybody know when Green Man Gaming pre-purchases would end? I think i've decided I want to pick up DNF from them, but probably won't get around to it until tomorrow, or 10 or so hours from now. I wonder if I would be good?

You'll probably be OK, but there's no way to know for sure.

Luigi87

hamchan said:
Not too hyped for the summer sale because I probably won't buy much. Why? Because I already own it all from previous sales :-/

So make a new Steam account and start a new collection!

It's like unlocking achievements all over again!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. There's only one year of precedent for this summer sale so I'm trying not to expect it.

But if it does come up, I'm looking for Dead Space 2 in the ~$8 range and I'm hoping for the return of some of the publisher complete packs. The THQ pack for ~$60 would be rather nice.

thefil

Summer sale... I'm hoping all the $10 indie gams on my wish list go down to $5 a piece and that I can get Bulletstorm/Witcher 2 for some discount.

*edit* More specifically
* Bulletstorm
* The Witcher 2
* Fate of the World
* SpaceChem
* Drawn
* Bit.Trip Runner
* Dinner Date
* Jamestown
* Capsized
* Terraria
* Frozen Synapse
* Section 8 Prejudice
* Tiny Bang Story
* Blood Bowl
* Cargo
* AI War
* C&C 3
* Gratuitous Space Battles
* Hamilton's Great Adventure
* Atom Zombie Smasher

Just realized that if all these games were $5 I would still spend $100... :(

leng jai

So what games are people looking for in the Summer Sale?

I've recently bought a new PC so I've got a few:

Bulletstorm
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Dawn of War II Expansions
Dirt 3

And no doubt a ton of impulse buys...

Snuggler said:
I shall use this post to brag about the fact that I bought it for $19.99 back in 2008.

Still haven't played it outside a couple of hours of dicking around.

What do I want from the Summer Sale? THE FUCKING ANNO GAMES! That's what.

Cardigan

leng jai said:

I've recently bought a new PC so I've got a few:

Bulletstorm
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Dawn of War II Expansions
Dirt 3

And no doubt a ton of impulse buys...
Bulletstorm, AC:B, Fallout 3 and NV, Witcher 2, and Portal 2. Just gotta prep my wallet now...

Xamdou

Games I am looking forward to buying during the steam summer sale:

1. Witcher 2 ($20-$30 range)
2. Crysis 2 ($20 Range)
3. Jade Empire ($5-$10 Range)

Zimbardo

scorpscarx said:
Darksiders
Doom 3
Mirror's Edge
AssCreed 2 again
Arma 2
Transformers wfct
killing floor complete pack

ah yes ...i forgot about Mirror's Edge. i'd grab that on the cheap ($5 or less. hopefully less.) as well as AssCreed2 for $10 or less.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
sk3tch said:
How accurate are the unlock times in Steam? Do they still F up and have delays?

Duke Nukem Forever in about 1 hour - so Midnight Central time? I thought they operated on Pacific time? I am just planning on staying up so I hope I don't get screwed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57900/

Before 11:00 (EST), it read 2 hours. Now, it should read 30 minutes, but the timer doesn't show minutes. It's counting down the Midnight EST, and I really hope it actually unlocks right then.

Luigi87

leng jai said:

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines

... If D2D can put it on sale, why not Steam?!

Umm, Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition -- as maybe I'll actually bite this time.
AssCreed 1, 2, and Brohood.
Back to the Future: The Game+

... I know there's other things.

snack

Xamdou said:
Games I am looking forward to buying during the steam summer sale:

1. Witcher 2 ($20-$30 range)
2. Crysis 2 ($20 Range)
3. Jade Empire ($5-$10 Range)
I don't know about that. The game just came out a month ago. :p

sk3tch

MasterShotgun said:
Before 11:00 (EST), it read 2 hours. Now, it should read 30 minutes, but the timer doesn't show minutes. It's counting down the Midnight EST, and I really hope it actually unlocks right then.

It must be based on your local timezone...which would make sense. I'm in the Midwest so it's Central time. You best be on the East Coast?

I am slamming Dew to make it lol. I have a baby boy so this is late for me lol.

AC: Brotherhood (watching the Borgias made me want to play this game)
and...uh yeah that's it.

Everything I want I got right now. And I find it works out better if I limit myself to games I'm interested in.

Does anybody know if Vampire Bloodlines will ever make it to GOG? I'd prefer to buy it from them since they offer so many extras.

leng jai said:

I have my wishlist lined up and ready with about 50+ titles. Really hoping for Dead Space 2, Aquaria, Shift 2 Unleashed, Dirt 3, Bulletstorm, Crisis 2, Dragon Age II, Two Worlds 2, and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Xamdou

snack said:
I don't know about that. The game just came out a month ago. :p

Lowest price I've seen for it so far since it's inception was around $35. So Witcher 2 for $20-$30 during the summer sale is very likely and would give cdprojekt extra steam moneys for the development of their port of the game to the 360 for even BIGGER profit!

Xamdou said:
Lowest price I've seen for it so far since it's inception was around $35. So Witcher 2 for $20-$30 during the summer sale is very likely and would give cdprojekt extra steam moneys for the development of their port of the game to the 360 for even BIGGER profit!
Yeah, I could easily see it as one of their big headlining titles at 40% off and I don't think 50% is vanishingly unlikely.

gdt

Crysis 1/2...maybe pick up a PC version of AC:B....and generally whatever they throw at me. My first major Steam sale :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom