• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Zombie

Yaska said:
Worst case would be if we would get another Indie ARG where we have to get potatoes or something else (summer suns perhaps?) to get the sale started 40 mins earlier or so.
Why would it be a "worst case"? If you don't like it (or don't have certain games) then just don't partake in it. I still don't understand people that did partake in the Portal 2 ARG and then complained about it.

Yaska

Mr_Zombie said:
Why would it be a "worst case"? If you don't like it (or don't have certain games) then just don't partake in it. I still don't understand people that did partake in the Portal 2 ARG and then complained about it.
Portal 2 ARG was (up to the potato and playtime thing) great itself. The end phase was just terrible imo. And worst case, because there would be so much rage and tears about it hehe.

SmokyDave

I don't want the summer sale to start yet. I've more or less killed my gaming budget for this month. Middle of next week would be fine with me :)

Acidote

SmokyDave said:
I don't want the summer sale to start yet. I've more or less killed my gaming budget for this month. Middle of next week would be fine with me :)

And I want it to start before the weekend, or else it will be me who is going to be without a gaming budget :p

MNC

Yaska said:
I'd say it's 5pm GMT, 'cause that's the time of daily deals and has been the time during the sales to have new sales.
I made a mistake on my side: 7PM GMT+1.

Are you guys on daylights savings? 7PM GMT+1 is when the sales happen for me.

edit: It should happen today. Student allowance just came in :3

Yaska

MNC said:
I made a mistake on my side: 7PM GMT+1.

Are you guys on daylights savings? 7PM GMT+1 is when the sales happen for me.

edit: It should happen today. Student allowance just came in :3
GMT is always the same, it won't change with DST (Daylight Saving Time). UK f.ex. is GMT during winters but GMT+1 during DST ( British Summer time or BST)

And yes, it should happen already. Damned Valve, I want to give you my monies!

derFeef

toasty_T said:
Summer sale.

I'm gonna be honest and say I didn't like HL2, almost disliked it even.
angry-mob2.jpg

:)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
toasty_T said:
Summer sale.

th_cat.gif

PS: I don't think the summer sales start today but I hope they do :D

MNC

HL3, a-duhhh. The sale is a great way to get extra games for cheap, but goddamn if I don't want to make love to HL3.

toasty_T said:
Summer sale.

I don't dislike it but I also don't think it's as good as everyone makes it out to be. It can be a bit boring at times.

DoctorWho said:
I don't dislike it but I also don't think it's as good as everyone makes it out to be. It can be a bit boring at times.

Which part did you find it to be boring? I'm curious, but one of my favorite parts had to be Ravenholme. I'm still scared by that place when I play even today!

To elaborate:

-The boat level was fucking boring.
-The Combine are fucking boring.
-The guns are no fun to shoot (sound and kickback).
-The completely dead ambience (if that makes sense). I'm not saying that there should have been a score but there is a certain deadness about the game that went the extra mile to bore me.
-Finally, couldn't stand everyone fellating Gordon

I like the idea of the game existing more than I enjoyed playing it. I love L4D 1 and 2 so hopefully I don't get exiled from this thread.

Warrior_Keoni said:
Which part did you find it to be boring? I'm curious, but one of my favorite parts had to be Ravenholme. I'm still scared by that place when I play even today!

I don't remember the game well but I recall finding the part on the fan boat to be a grind. The first time I tried to play through the game I stopped halfway through that part. The second time I forced my way through it. There are a couple of other isntances that I can't recall the specifics of.

Toasty above mentions the dead ambience and I have to completely agree. Although, I do conceed that the world should feel a bit dead considering it has been taken over by an interdimensional race. Also, Gordon is not that interesting of a protagonist.

Wallach

DoctorWho said:
I don't remember the game well but I recall finding the part on the fan boat to be a grind. The first time I tried to play through the game I stopped halfway through that part. The second time I forced my way through it. There are a couple of other isntances that I can't recall the specifics of.

Toasty above mentions the dead ambience and I have to completely agree. Although, I do conceed that the world should feel a bit dead considering it has been taken over by an interdimensional race. Also, Gordon is not that interesting of a protagonist.

You might consider trying to hit up EP 1/2 if you haven't. I think the pacing of them may be more to your liking, as they're a bit more compact compared to the original game.

Wallach said:
You might consider trying to hit up EP 1/2 if you haven't. I think the pacing of them may be more to your liking, as they're a bit more compact compared to the original game.

Played them. One wasn't that great but two was well paced and very well done.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
BattleMonkey said:
HL2 was great at release, but to me it aged horribly and feels incredibly dated.

Really? It's the opposite for me, I did also play it at release and I'm appreciating the game more and more each time I play it. No other modern fps can hold a candle to it.

gdt

Hmm. I was gonna preorder The Dues Ex: Augmented edition to also recieve the DE: GOTY edition (the original), but I see GamersGate has it for 2.50. I guess I'll pick it up there.

Any mods and stuff to make it work...better on W7? Basically a mods guide, like other older games.

toasty_T said:
To elaborate:

-The boat level was fucking boring.
-The Combine are fucking boring.
-The guns are no fun to shoot (sound and kickback).
-The completely dead ambience (if that makes sense). I'm not saying that there should have been a score but there is a certain deadness about the game that went the extra mile to bore me.
-Finally, couldn't stand everyone fellating Gordon

I like the idea of the game existing more than I enjoyed playing it. I love L4D 1 and 2 so hopefully I don't get exiled from this thread.

I'm with ya on just about every point. I do applaud the world that they built and the backstory for Half-Life 2, but the actual execution is far from my favorite. I'd easily put Half-Life well behind Team Fortress, Portal and Left 4 Dead.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Pandoracell said:
Corky, every day without a sale must be like death to you. You're clearly the most hyped up in this thread :(

My new steam account has a measly...15 games? DON'T LOOK AT ME * curls into a shameball*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom