• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in RTS games, and in need of another game should have a look at Supreme Commander 2 at this price. It´s certainly no Starcraft 2 in terms of polish, but it´s still quite fun. It has a great camera control that all RTS games like this should have, nice graphics, an interesting research system and hillarious experimental units.

TheKurgan

CecilRousso said:
Anyone interested in RTS games, and in need of another game should have a look at Supreme Commander 2 at this price. It´s certainly no Starcraft 2 in terms of polish, but it´s still quite fun. It has a great camera control that all RTS games like this should have, nice graphics, an interesting research system and hillarious experimental units.

I loved the total annihilation back in the day. Does Supreme Commander still have the crazy massive build up of tech and units?

For $6 for both I can't see I could go wrong....

Who has played Supreme Commander 2? I'd like to hear more about the game from people who have played it.

Edit: I didn't read the other post, derp. Well I might bite it...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
CecilRousso said:
Is it worth it if you have SupCom 1 though?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
PjotrStroganov said:
Strange, Bulletstorm is 50 euro over here. US is only getting shafted?
I'd much rather pay 60 dollars than 50 euros for something.

Unless you mean that Europe is getting screwed too.

I just got gifted Bulletstorm. I accepted it, and when it asked me to install it I declined as 7gb would push me over my bandwidth limit this month. Now it's not in my game library and when I click the link in my email to redeem the gift it says it fails because I've always accepted.

Restarted Steam, but nadda.

So... common issue? Steam support ticket, is it?

Javaman

One nice thing about SC2 is that it supports 2 screens. You've got a giant map on one and your full gamescreen on the other.

Nabs

how long ago did you accept the gift? you might have to wait a bit longer. i'm surprised it asked you to install it, is it up for pre-load already?

Like 10 minutes ago. I don't know if the pre-load is up, but regardless it should show up in my library, as pre-ordered games do etc.

I'll leave it 20 before opening a ticket.

amrod

Archie said:
Civ5 is 40% off this weekend.

Buy Civilization V $29.99

Buy Civilization V Digital Deluxe $35.99
Deluxe Edition Includes:
- Bonus Babylon Civilization with leader "Nebuchadnezzar II"
- Behind the Scenes at Firaxis with Civ V video feature
- Game Soundtrack
Extra content in the Digital Deluxe Edition is not available on Mac.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

Also
Buy Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $7.50
Includes 4 items: Sid Meier's Civilization® IV, Civilization IV®: Warlords, Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
amrod said:

Indeed. Pass on $60.

I refuse to accept that as a standard price for a PC game. This and Bulletstorm can fuck off until they go on sale or their prices drop to something reasonable.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Friday, Saturday and Sunday will probably be Tomb Raider, Kane and Lynch and Deus Ex. No cheap Last Remnant for me. ;_;

Kind of lucky EA hasn't done the same with the price increase in the UK as in the US.

However Activision are the ones doing it over here.

I nearly bought Civ V last night. Thank the Steam gods I didn't make that decision. Had it happen at least once before where I bought a game a day before it went on sale, and Valve isn't friendly about refunds.

Bought it today though with the discount. :D

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I nearly bought Civ V last night. Thank the Steam gods I didn't make that decision. Had it happen at least once before where I bought a game a day before it went on sale, and Valve isn't friendly about refunds.

Bought it today though with the discount. :D

My bro bought JC2 a week ago. :D Man, was he pissed today when he saw me playing it :p

As for S-E - K&L 2 for 4.99EUR or bust.

Jeez what the hell EA. I feel like I have to by Crysis 2 but on the other hand I feel like I have to take a stand against this $60 bullshit, what the hell EA. Why are you doing this shit to me?

Edit: Also its quiet shocking that I am more interested in buying a new FPS on pc rather than a Bioware RPG. Whats happening to me.
Zzoram said:
The worst part is there will probably be 2 or 3 $10 map packs that'll get rolled into a GOTY by Christmas.
Id be angry if those were single player map packs. Honestly couldn't care less about MP for this game, the singleplayer in Crysis can probably last me forever.

Zzoram

Lostconfused said:
Jeez what the hell EA. I feel like I have to by Crysis 2 but on the other hand I feel like I have to take a stand against this $60 bullshit, what the hell EA. Why are you doing this shit to me?

The worst part is there will probably be 2 or 3 $10 map packs that'll get rolled into a GOTY by Christmas.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lostconfused said:
If anything, they should drop the price of the console version.

poppabk said:
Is it worth it if you have SupCom 1 though?

If you really liked Supreme Commander 1, want more, and don´t have a Steam backlog of 40+ games, then for this price, yes.

SupCom1 has a superior resource management system, but SupCom2 has a really fun research system that you should at least try for a couple of hours if you´re a SupCom fan. For this price. I mean, here in Sweden, a pizza costs more than this game does right now.

Sanjay

Crysis 2 for $60 would have been so much easier to stomach if it was only coming out on the PC, but knowing its a console port, it hurts so much more.

Cheech

Sanjay said:
Crysis 2 for $60 would have been so much easier to stomach if it was only coming out on the PC, but knowing its a console port, it hurts so much more.

I don't understand. The PC version is going to look and run 100x better than the console version. It's not like PC owners are getting the shaft in any way, shape, or form.

Cheech said:
I don't understand. The PC version is going to look and run 100x better than the console version. It's not like PC owners are getting the shaft in any way, shape, or form.

60$ console tax. For me it doesn't really matter if it's on PC or not, but I refuse to pay console-price if I'm buying a PC game. There is no justification for that.

If Crysis 2 was to be only on PC a lot of people would have let it go, even at $60. However, if you have extra revenue from PS3/X360 versions - ffs, you want to squizee PC crowd? No way.

Sanjay

Cheech said:

The shape and form is how we are getting shafted.

kamspy

Xanathus said:
Why the fuck is Crysis 2 $60 when I can already preorder it for $46 retail :/

Where? I just tried to buy the Steam version but there was a hold on my card. Maybe it was for the best...

Xanathus

kamspy said:
Where? I just tried to buy the Steam version but there was a hold on my card. Maybe it was for the best...
It's a local non-US retailer so there might be some region pricing going on, it's probably not going to apply for you.

Sanjay said:
After thinking about it, I am surprised that I agree with you. The only reason this price point bugs me is because the console versions are being sold at $60 as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cheech said:

I'm still not sure about this. Has there been any detailed coverage or impressions of the PC version?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Zefah said:
I'm still not sure about this. Has there been any detailed coverage or impressions of the PC version?
If it doesn't then Crytek should fire everyone that worked on the PC port, because the original already does.

I'm fortunately not as weak-willed as others.

I will be holding off on Crysis 2 until the price actually reasonable for both a digital & PC release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom