• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Banned
Weenerz said:
Ended up buying Shogun 2 for the TF2 items, then I logged into TF2 and I see them on the store for $30 instead of $50, fuck. I hope I like the game.

The sword you get for TF2 is pretty strong, I was wrecking dudes earlier.

A fool and his money etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Weenerz said:
Ended up buying Shogun 2 for the TF2 items, then I logged into TF2 and I see them on the store for $30 instead of $50, fuck. I hope I like the game.

The sword you get for TF2 is pretty strong, I was wrecking dudes earlier.
You do know if you really just wanted the items you could of just waited a few days and crafted them?

Darklord

Banned
I thought I might ask in here but how do I install stuff into a steam game? I want to install a high-res DA2 pack but it won't detect the games installed.

leroidys

Drkirby said:
You do know if you really just wanted the items you could of just waited a few days and crafted them?

The hats are awesome too though. Usually they are stupid (imho), and they take like a month of regular play to craft.

Donos

I hope valve is developing 3 AAAAA titles simultaniously with the gazillion dollars they are making of the TF2 hat/item business.

Maybe they pump all the money into building a spaceship to survive 2012 and then sell TF2 hats to aliens in a far away galaxy.

Salsa

WanderingWind said:
I'd be interested in getting in on that. How do you go about doing that?

Someone buys the four pack and gifts the game, we send money through paypal to him/her.

2 more people interested ?

Exuro

confused said:
They show up as random drops, too. Makes it a lot easier to resist.
Hold the phone "Jumps on TF2."

Is this a bug or working as intended?

EDIT: vvv Magicka is indeed a Steamworks title. vvv

Jade Ryan

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Someone buys the four pack and gifts the game, we send money through paypal to him/her.

2 more people interested ?

I would but I don't like paypal :(

It's $7.99 on Amazon, anyone know if it activates on Steam?

Donos

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but is there a big weekend deal every weekend ? If yes, when goes it up ? Friday or Saturday ? Want to buy games to increase my backlog. 4 days till my final paper is ready. After this i'm going to do a gaming marathon till my gf comes back :D

edit: so i guess Empire:Total war is the weekend deal.

vocab

Donos said:
Sorry for my lack of knowledge but is there a big weekend deal every weekend ? If yes, when goes it up ? Friday or Saturday ? Want to buy games to increase my backlog. 4 days till my final paper is ready. After this i'm going to do a gaming marathon till my gf comes back :D

edit: so i guess Empire:Total war is the weekend deal.

Tuesday is the midweek madness, ends on Thursday when the weekend deal goes up. And Empire is not the Weekend deal. It's all the total war games. Each day a new different Total War game goes on sale all the way till the release of shogun.

confused

Banned
vocab said:
Tuesday is the midweek madness, ends on Thursday when the weekend deal goes up. And Empire is not the Weekend deal. It's all the total war games. Each day a new different Total War game goes on sale all the way till the release of shogun.

Is this true? total war weekend last till 13th. Shogun drops the 15th (At least in Europe, unsure of US)

Exuro

MNC said:
Does Meatboy support cloud savefiles, finally? It's a game that is gravely in need of it.
Not yet. Maybe they'll have it ready when the editor is released. Someone should tweet them about it.

bigace33

vocab said:
Ah man, so nothing but Total war games on sale till next week? Guess I wont be buying anything this week. I need Batman to go Back on sale.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bigace33 said:
I need Batman to go Back on sale.

If you're not afraid to stray away from Steam for a sale, Batman is on sale at GamersGate for $10. It's not like it won't see another Steam sale, though, but it's worth a thought if you don't have the patience.

bigace33

Snuggler said:
If you're not afraid to stray away from Steam for a sale, Batman is on sale at GamersGate for $10. It's not like it won't see another Steam sale, though, but it's worth a thought if you don't have the patience.
Yeah I saw that. I almost pulled the trigger on it but backed out at the last minute. I want it off steam.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I've never played a Might & Magic, and the part VI preorder just popped up.

Are M&M fans hyped for this one?

vocab

K.Jack said:
I've never played a Might & Magic, and the part VI preorder just popped up.

Are M&M fans hyped for this one?

M&M =/= HOMM. The previous HOMM was kind of ass, so I think fans are kind of waiting to see if it's any good. That's why King's Bounty: The Legend, and Armored Princess get's a lot of credit for being overall solid games.

graywolf323

vocab said:
M&M =/= HOMM. The previous HOMM was kind of ass, so I think fans are kind of waiting to see if it's any good. That's why King's Bounty: The Legend, and Armored Princess get's a lot of credit for being overall solid games.

no this is HOMM they just changed the naming style

it's Might and Magic Heroes VI

edit: or I'm misunderstanding your post

vocab

graywolf323 said:
no this is HOMM they just changed the naming style

it's Might and Magic Heroes VI

I know that. He said Might and Magic, which is an entirely different series. The one up for preorder is HOMM with a different name to confuse the fuck out of people.

graywolf323

vocab said:
I know that. He said Might and Magic, which is an entirely different series. The one up for preorder is HOMM with a different name to confuse the fuck out of people.

why the hell did they change the name anyways?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So does anyone know what's up with this Battle: Los Angeles game? Single-player shooter from Konami, only ten bucks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Actually, you know what? I'm gonna take one for the team. Ten bucks, movie based budget game that's single player... nobody seems to know anything about it. Only announced a week ago.

It's too weird NOT to buy.

See you on the other side...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drkirby said:
What is this Battle LA game that is $10?

It's based on that dumb movie.

I only knew about it because Aaron Eckhart mentioned it on the daily show, but he said it's an IPhone game. I wonder if they just ported it to PC, I can't imagine it being very good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Snuggler said:
It's based on that dumb movie.

I only knew about it because Aaron Eckhart mentioned it on the daily show, but he said it's an IPhone game. I wonder if they just ported it to PC, I can't imagine it being very good.
I had hoped it would be something of note since Konami published it.

Blizzard

Banned
Htown said:
Actually, you know what? I'm gonna take one for the team. Ten bucks, movie based budget game that's single player... nobody seems to know anything about it. Only announced a week ago.

It's too weird NOT to buy.

See you on the other side...
It's got AAA visuals and heart-pounding 5.1 sound, so let us know how it is. I was just looking at the Steam screenshots. I actually kinda want to see the movie even though it's apparently really loud and a bad, dumb action movie. Maybe I'm just biased because of Michelle Rodriguez. :p

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Steam/stupid question. I want to buy a game from a GAF'er but it's a hard copy. Is there a code or something that allows you to activate the game so it can be played without the hard copy, or does it need to be in the drive or what?

I know, I know. Total n00b question. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom