• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

thy_

zombieshavebrains said:
It doesn't look like 2.50 Medieval total war 2 or the one in the package comes with the expansion. Am i reading this right?

Seems that way.
Only the
"Medieval II Complete Pack" http://store.steampowered.com/sub/563/
and the
"Total War Mega Pack" http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1349/
have "Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms, but not the
"Total War Collection Pack" http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7564/
and the
"Total War Classic Collection Pack" http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7565/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jade Ryan said:
Medieval 2 Total War is $2.50 if ya'll are done measuring your penises.
Looks like my Steam peen is about to get one game longer.

Is there a Steamworks game list around here anywhere?

Sanic

I'm kicking myself for not buying Rome yesterday. I got busy with things and completely forgot to purchase it. Bought Medieval 2 today, though. Not as interested in the era, but at least it's something.

Edit: If I preorder Portal 2, will I receive my free copy of Portal instantly, or when Portal 2 is released?

Cheech

Pandoracell said:
I'm kicking myself for not buying Rome yesterday. I got busy with things and completely forgot to purchase it. Bought Medieval 2 today, though. Not as interested in the era, but at least it's something.

Edit: If I preorder Portal 2, will I receive my free copy of Portal instantly, or when Portal 2 is released?

instant

Primate Ryan

Neo Member
Vastag said:
List of games activable on steam

I'm not sure how complete that list is. SpaceChem is absent (a recent addition though). I also added my Amnesia preorder to Steam, but I can't find whether this option is also open to new buyers.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Primate Ryan said:
I'm not sure how complete that list is. SpaceChem is absent (a recent addition though). I also added my Amnesia preorder to Steam, but I can't find whether this option is also open to new buyers.

Amnesia was preorder only.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like the total war games worked similarly. Yesterday Rome Total War was $2.50 (came with some barbarian pack by itself), but $10 if you wanted Alexander along with it. Today is $2.50 for the main game, $10 for Kingdoms along with it.

I'm not a fan of expansion packs etc. but the games have really high metascores, so I picked up the two games for $5 total. If the expansions are $2.50 some day then hey maybe! Also, I think it's kind of funny that the Medieval game has an ESRB rating that warns of "sexual themes". I don't really have any idea how that would be worked into that sort of game but okay!

My little brother loves RTS games and Oblivion, so I bought him Medieval Total War.

Games under 5 dollars fall to close to impulse buys. Steam needs to stop that, I have a bunch of Steam games I never play because they were under 5 dollars.

I'll probably pick up Napoleon and Shogun if they also go to 2.50.

Javaman

Baha said:
What's the word on Majesty 2? I think I remember hearing about it on GFW Radio, essentially you were a king and you couldn't directly control your units but instead influence their actions by offering gold.
It has quite a unique gameplay about it. Kinda reminds me of the city building in the first SNES Actraiser. You nudge the people instead of directly controlling them.

vocab

Majesty 2 is pretty decent, but also frustrating, also kind of buggy. What sucks about the game imo, is that after a certain point in the campaign, you are are defense for a good 10 mins straight before you can begin to complete your main goal. It's a pain in the ass because it's trial and era for the most part, and if you don't have a good defense your kingdom will always get taken over. The mechanics work when they work, but your classes will be stubborn and only move when you put a shit load of money on bounty.

I gave up on the game when the the game bugged out on me, and skipped 2 cut scenes in a row describing how to beat the dragon, so I'm like w/e. Went to go beat the dragon, had him down to like 1 hp, and I was supposed to do something, but since the cut scene wasn't there, the dragon fucking exploded my whole town pretty much and I lost.

I don't know if I'll ever play it again. It's just very repetitive, and very tedious to play.

Brak

Thanks for the impressions/reviews of Majesty 2. I'm always tempted to grab these cheap Paradox games when they pop up and there's not a lot of info about them usually.

MNC

Is there any way for game specific steamworks language choosing? My steam itself is in Dutch which I prefer since my Windows is in Dutch and all (one could argue everything should be in native language such as alot of my friends do) but in games, like TF2 and half life, the subtitles and things are reaaally corny in a different language and I'd like them to stay English. Is there an option for this or a way to circumvene or is it only possible if I change the steam language itself?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
It looks like the total war games worked similarly. Yesterday Rome Total War was $2.50 (came with some barbarian pack by itself), but $10 if you wanted Alexander along with it. Today is $2.50 for the main game, $10 for Kingdoms along with it.
Actually its $5 for Kingdoms, not $10.

I'll probably pick up Napoleon and Shogun if they also go to 2.50.

I hope they add Shogun 1 to Steam, I want to play that. I could see them doing Napoleon for 75% off, but not $2.50.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
MNC said:
Is there any way for game specific steamworks language choosing? My steam itself is in Dutch which I prefer since my Windows is in Dutch and all (one could argue everything should be in native language such as alot of my friends do) but in games, like TF2 and half life, the subtitles and things are reaaally corny in a different language and I'd like them to stay English. Is there an option for this or a way to circumvene or is it only possible if I change the steam language itself?

Right click on the chosen game -> properties -> Language.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So random-ass question:

I've heard that Outrun 2006 had some issues on Steam that the retail PC version didn't have. Stuff like time trials stuff and ghosts not saving. Any truth to that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MNC said:
TF2 was already on English; it's all Dutch ingame :(
Do the characters talk in Dutch now?

I've heard that Outrun 2006 had some issues on Steam that the retail PC version didn't have. Stuff like time trials stuff and ghosts not saving. Any truth to that?
I can check real quick, I don't remember any issues when playing, but you should know Outrun 2006 is no longer sold on Steam (Sega's Ferrari License Expired again, also affected the sale of Outrun online on consoles)

Also, if you want Multiplayer you will have to set up a Virtual Private Network, servers are long shut down.

Edit: Works fine for me, though it does fail to start up some times, and the Steam Overlay doesn't work it still.

MNC

Drkirby said:
Do the characters talk in Dutch now?
All ingame text is HOSPIK! instead of MEDIC!

Instead of respawning, I am 'aan het wachten om te herleven'

And dutch half life 2 subtitles actually have grammatical errors in them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Already have 2 unplayed Total War games, so I'll pass on that one (And Emperor, which I will assume is also going to be 75% off tomorrow)

Binabik15

Fuuuuck.

I wanted to buy Medieval 2: TW, but I just finished Metro 2033, wasting time to get both ends. Looking at my Steam screenshots.

I go to the store tab, where M2TW is still listed as 2.5€. The game page loads, the clock turns 19:00 and the game price jumps back to 9.99€. D´oh.

Looks like I´m not adding things to my growing pc backlog, you loss, Valve. I didn´t want it, anyway. I can live without it etc etc *hiding disappointment*

MNC

Drkirby said:
What language is Steam and Half Life 2 set to?
Steam is set to Dutch (Which I'd like to keep that way, that's what this is all about :p) and HL2(EP2) is set to english, but is in Dutch. There aren't even Dutch options in the right click menu, but the steam language seemingly overrides it. Every right click menu has the same standard English/German/French/Spanish settings. (For voices, apparently)

MNC

Language question still stands, but can someone tell me more about the STALKER games? I saw something like Call of Pripyat Complete.. Is it a mod? Is it recommended to buy Clear Sky and CoP? (I only have SoC)

Corto

MNC said:
Language question still stands, but can someone tell me more about the STALKER games? I saw something like Call of Pripyat Complete.. Is it a mod? Is it recommended to buy Clear Sky and CoP? (I only have SoC)

Call of Pripyat Complete is indeed a major mod to the STALKER CoP game. New textures, better translation, bug solving... the works. Unfortunately some users are reporting instability/crashing of the game after installing it. Forutnately I'm not one of them. ;) And also fortunately Pavel the mod creator already said that he's looking into a fix/patch to solve those problems.

I don't have Clear Sky, but SoC and CoP are great games. Difficult, different from the norm in the genre but if they click with you they can be very rewarding.

Thread about CoP Complete with gorgeous screenshots from dennis and others:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424047

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
MNC said:
Well I'm a little biased since STALKER is one of my favourite series. I think SoC is the best but CoP is really good too, CS is probably the weak link but still fun to play. Complete are a series of mods which makes those games better IMO but you should try them for yourself.

chixdiggit

So my friend owes me $50 and since he lives out of state he offered to gift me a game off Steam. So if I have him gift me Homefront who will get the pre-order bonuses?

MNC said:
Steam is set to Dutch (Which I'd like to keep that way, that's what this is all about :p) and HL2(EP2) is set to english, but is in Dutch. There aren't even Dutch options in the right click menu, but the steam language seemingly overrides it. Every right click menu has the same standard English/German/French/Spanish settings. (For voices, apparently)
Switch steam to English, install the game and switch back? I think I remember doing this with French and it worked (I'm not 100% sure).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BloodySinner said:
16 hours before Homefront unlocks...sigh.
The final hours are always the hardest. God I hate that Steam doesn't just force devs to do midnight releases based off the date line for a world wide release.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Htown said:
Thanks for joining us for the Battle:LA Endurance Run. Glad to have had you with us for all these... hour.
How was the actual game, any enjoyment to be had, looks like your usual modern shooter?
To be honest I like the idea of movie tie-in titles being cheap and short, then people who enjoy the movie can play the game without getting ripped off at full price by the inevitable rushed piece of junk that gets released.

MRORANGE

Atom Zombie Smasher will be on Steam next week, March 14

TNc2K.jpg
jDzik.jpg

it's from the same guy who did Flotilla, Air Forte & Gravity Bone.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MRORANGE said:
Atom Zombie Smasher will be on Steam next week, March 14

TNc2K.jpg
jDzik.jpg

it's from the same guy who did Flotilla, Air Forte & Gravity Bone.
Next week the 14th, or today the 14th?

Anyway, made by the Flotilla guy = SOLD

Joe Molotov

SapientWolf said:
I caved in and bought it off D2D. 20% off finally pushed me over the fence.

Has D2D sent out the CD-Keys for it yet?

Edit: Nevermind, I went ahead and ordered it, and I see the answer is "no".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
In case you missed it in the other thread, you can buy Mount & Blade Warband from GamersGate for $12 ($30 normally) and activate it on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom