• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

I don't recommend Monday Night Combat its a cheap gameplay game with the time counted..i buy it from the first day and disappointed me so much

But go for Darksiders

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, guess I have no choice but to get Darksiders. One more for the backlog.

MNC looks kind of cool but I dunno if I'll ever have time for it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is that terrible music in the Dogfighter trailers actually in the game?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Here is what Darksiders can look like on PC:

pcscreen1.jpg

DarksidersPC%202011-01-13%2016-56-14-09.jpg

Ilúvatar

Dice said:
Not really interested in Gears of Zelda.

There is nothing Gearsish about it besides the fact that the main character has impossibly broad shoulders. You're missing out on a great game.

Also those screens look sooo pretty.

Dice

Okay, gameplay-wise it is Zelda of War, but the "art" is Gears of Zelda.

I can't stand it. I would be gagging the whole time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Darksiders was a good rental, but I don't care for owning it. And only 33% on MNC... I think I'll wait a bit more on it.

Nice Darksiders deal. I played and beat the PS3 version recently. I had a blast.

I finally decided to get Dogfighters. I had fun with the demo, and I had $3 burning a hole in my Steam wallet. Was waiting for the weekend deal, but I'm not double dipping on Darksiders.

Dice

epmode said:
Looks more WoW than Gears to me.
Nah, too much cluttered detail and not enough garish colors for that. WoW is like a combination of Spyro the Dragon and Gauntlet Legends.

vocab

Darksiders runs pretty meh for a PC game. It never locked at 60 for me. I get random pauses. Just a heads up for anyone that's gonna buy it.

Exuro

Yeah my GTX 260 doesn't seem to be enough for Darksiders. Get a lot of framerate stuttering and such. Stopped about 7 hours into the game when I got it last year.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
ughhhhhhh fuck my life darksiders gotta save up for Portal 2 UNGHHHHHH

You have already bought it, you just don't know it yet. Like you have any choice in the matter...

coopolon

Exuro said:
Yeah my GTX 260 doesn't seem to be enough for Darksiders. Get a lot of framerate stuttering and such. Stopped about 7 hours into the game when I got it last year.

Just to report my experience with Darksiders, I got a pretty solid fps on a e8400/4850 @ 1080p. Only time it would drop would be loading.

Game is pretty over rated though. It's just goes on and on and on. And the puzzles aren't fun. And combat gets pretty boring after awhile. But the first 5-6 hours were good gun and even the first 12 are probably worth $10. And achievements are broken.

Firebrand

Exuro said:
Yeah I have the same card, tried it a bit after I got during the Christmas sale. Seemed fine at first but once I got back up on the streets after the introduction level I was getting below 20 FPS in battle, very stuttery. Seems like a decent game otherwise, I'll just save it for later.

Darksiders is worth 10 bucks. Played it using my 360 controller and had a blast.

In fact I almost recommend you own a 360 controller these days for a lot of the 360 ports. Controls work a lot better.

G-Fex

I am going to take abreak from WoW

I was thinking of picking up from a friends reccomendation Neverwinter Nights 2.

Also from browsing I saw Guild Wars and it's in a bundle and stuff so are these worth getting? Will I like?

MNC

Snuggler said:
Damn, guess I have no choice but to get Darksiders. One more for the backlog.

MNC looks kind of cool but I dunno if I'll ever have time for it.
i'll always have time 4 u bro
tell me when this is getting stale so I'll up the ante on it some more

Oh!

MNC has a free weekend! Just what I needed: I can see if it runs well AND if it's fun or not.

1-D_FTW

Damn you Steam. I said no to Darksiders during the Christmas sale. Then I said no when you had it again on the repeat day. No means no.

10 to 1 odds I cave this time.

Stop It said:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/5141/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Monday Night Combat, 33% off this weekend AND it is free to play too for the weekend.

I'm just downloading it now, anyone else want to do so to see how fun the game is?

People are downloading this? I just get options to buy on sale and to buy the 4 pack on sale. No download options for the free weekend. ???

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
1-D_FTW said:
People are downloading this? I just get options to buy on sale and to buy the 4 pack on sale. No download options for the free weekend. ???
Yes, I had to restart Steam but I clicked on the button for the game when the Steam news update came through. I have only played the tutorial so far but it looks nice.

SalsaShark said:
It is Thursday
It's already available. Restart Steam and you should have it in the games onces, if not before you click on the Steam News link.

SalsaShark said:
Those who were waiting for the Steam version of Revenge of the Titans to pop up better play the hell out of it. And those who didnt get the humble bundle better buy it, twice. Fantastic game.

So, I've played the hell out of Pixeljunk Monsters and Defense Grid. Sell me on Revenge of the Titans. :)

Gvaz

Banned
I got Darksiders for $16 and I felt almost as ripped off as that time I bought Dark Void for about the same price.

I can't play it with PC controls though, and my 360 receiver isn't working so I can't finish the game.

I got to Tiamat though ages back.

Got Revenge of the Titans, already surprised how much I like it. I usually don't like tower defense games, but I am really digging this.

One thing though, how does saving work in the campaign? I just finished a map and quit out, thinking that it would save at least my tech advances, but when I go back everything was erased! Even when I beat a map, save and quit, then went back none of my progress was saved. Do I have to beat a whole section before it saves, or was my game just being fussy (it did lock up for a while but I am not sure if that was the game or my computer)?

Downloaded the Monday Night Combat trial and played through the tutorial, it's not bad. Once you play the game you see how it isn't a total rip-off of TF2 with incredibad character designs, it's a fun mash-up of TF2, a tower defence game (I guess) mixed in with an interesting presentation/premise, it's kind of like The Running Man with clones?

A few friends own the game, so I'll try to play some matches with them online and see I dig the game. Could be a nice stop gap between TF2 and Red Orchestra 2 or Brink.

vocab

TheShampion said:
Got Revenge of the Titans, already surprised how much I like it. I usually don't like tower defense games, but I am really digging this.

One thing though, how does saving work in the campaign? I just finished a map and quit out, thinking that it would save at least my tech advances, but when I go back everything was erased! Even when I beat a map, save and quit, then went back none of my progress was saved. Do I have to beat a whole section before it saves, or was my game just being fussy (it did lock up for a while but I am not sure if that was the game or my computer)?

It just saves after you beat a level. If you go back out to the level select screen you can see it shows the last level you beat.

Baha

I think I found a community bug in the steam store. I was trying to find out about Battlefield 2 Bad Company Vietnam so I clicked on friends who own this game on the right side of the store page. After asking two friends who both said they didn't own it, I double checked and found out that instead of showing me a list of friends who own the game, it linked me to friends who want the game. I double checked (no I didn't click friends who want this game section above the friends who own this game section). A friend of mine just tried this and confirmed the same thing happened to him. Anybody else getting this?

[edit] Here's a screen grab (notice how it says "Friends who play" at the top but then says "Friends who want" right above the actual list below?
http://i.imgur.com/SKPXZ.jpg

Nabs

It's probably because you have to launch BC2 to get to Vietnam. Since Vietnam doesn't even show up on our lists, the "Friends who play it" page is kind of broken. The list on the store page is still correct.

Baha

Nabs said:
It's probably because you have to launch BC2 to get to Vietnam. Since Vietnam doesn't even show up on our lists, the "Friends who play it" page is kind of broken. The list on the store page is still correct.

Makes sense, thanks.

bigace33

jaundicejuice said:
You're seriously dismissing Joe Madureira's art as Gears-ish? Really?
Haha that is pretty crazy. Joe Mad is a beast and I found the art style in Darksiders quite manly. I could see how it could offend someone with more JRPG tastes in art style, but I like both styles.

dream said:
You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking it's time for a Monday Night Combat 4-pack.
i'm in! paypal is ready to go on your signal

been itching to try it out. more games need to start incorporating dota mechanics. screw the free weekend, gonna blind buy that shit

Dice said:
Shit in a golden toilet is still shit.

That statement doesn't even make any sense in defending or backing up your earlier remark. It's just another facile comment about how you don't like how the game looks. Joe Maduriera is a fantastic artist, his drawings and designs are always filled with incredible energy and dynamism. The character team out at Vigil managed to capture and recreate those things very faithfully in Darksiders. To dismiss the game with what essentially amounts to "derp, looks like Gears" is foolish and shortsighted. Meh, your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom