• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think someone would get banned from Steam for trading hats/items for sexual favours? nb. Hypothetical question I am not soliciting trades on my own account in any way shape or form.

Visualante said:
Do you think someone would get banned from Steam for trading hats/items for sexual favours? nb. Hypothetical question I am not soliciting trades on my own account in any way shape or form.
3 hats per hour, none less.

Salsa

TouchMyBox said:
So, I've played the hell out of Pixeljunk Monsters and Defense Grid. Sell me on Revenge of the Titans. :)

Think Plants Vs Zombies mixed with a bit of Defense Grid and a quirky "8 bit" visual style (guessing quirkyness is your thing after PixelJunk Monsters :p).

So, nothing to sell here, you buying it is the natural course!

Joe Molotov said:
EU3: Divine Wind is 10 bones now, if there's any EU3 fans that haven't picked it up.
Is this a permanent price reduction? I don't see a -50% or anything. If so, I'll pick it up later when I have more time to get sucked in EU3 again.

Volcynika

ClosingADoor said:
Is this a permanent price reduction? I don't see a -50% or anything. If so, I'll pick it up later when I have more time to get sucked in EU3 again.

If there's no slash or anything through the price, that's most likely a perm price reduction.

Are we at least talking about Unusuals? If not, these are day time crack whore rates.

The accounts involved would likely be nuked from high orbit if word got out.

Joe Molotov

ClosingADoor said:

Yeah, it's a permanent price reduction.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
jaundicejuice said:
That statement doesn't even make any sense in defending or backing up your earlier remark. It's just another facile comment about how you don't like how the game looks. Joe Maduriera is a fantastic artist, his drawings and designs are always filled with incredible energy and dynamism. The character team out at Vigil managed to capture and recreate those things very faithfully in Darksiders. To dismiss the game with what essentially amounts to "derp, looks like Gears" is foolish and shortsighted. Meh, your loss.
What is there to "back up" when it comes to subjective feelings about a style of artwork? To me it looks like total garbage, a visually cluttered mess with drab colors, awful proportions, and character depiction that amounts to a generic space marine with a hood. If you like it, good for you, but I don't.

Exuro

Playing MNC during the free weekend and am really enjoying. Was wondering what the leveling system does if anything?

mrgone

Visualante said:
It's Valve's fault anyways, with their one hat per generation drop rate. Driven us to it. We have children to clothe from the ears up, you heartless motherfuckers!

The fact that the average lowest server ping is about 90 for me, dunno if I want to buy Monday Night Combat. That's the only real barrier for me with the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just bought Darksiders, but it doesn't appear to be on any Australian content servers. :/

"400 people playing at once time max. Only 4 maps."

5 Crossfire maps (and a 6th that was shown at PAX), 2 Blitz maps. The second time you've gotten the number of maps wrong even after being corrected the first time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sorry, never followed up with my last post in the MNC topic to see your reply. Good to hear they are putting in anther map, though I still wish it had a custom map maker. Hopefully the Free Weekend adds more regular members to the player base, since I think the game has some good potential.

You also got the number of maps wrong last time, you said 6 instead of 7

JaseC

x3n05 said:
3FL has it, well at least they did when I downloaded it at xmas.

Hmm, okay. Perhaps it's just an issue with the Steam filter I'm using.

I figured it'd be on one of Internode's own servers as they appear to be the most comprehensive out of the lot, but apparently not.

Edit: Ah, what the fuck!? My server history and favourites have been wiped! :(

senahorse

JaseC said:
Hmm, okay. Perhaps it's just an issue with the Steam filter I'm using.

I figured it'd be on one of Internode's own servers as they appear to be the most comprehensive out of the lot, but apparently not.

Edit: Ah, what the fuck!? My server history and favourites have been wiped! :(

I haven't bothered using the filter since interenet caps were boosted last year and found that it automatically downloads from 3FL if it's available there, mind you my ISP is iinet.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
In Zelda of War, I got stuck at that damn monster on the bridge who starts off by throwing cars at me. I never got past him, and got fed up after 20 tries or so (especially since I have to walk for two minutes before trying again). I'd really like to finish it sometime. I haven't uninstalled it, so I should still have my save though.

Of course, since i'm currently playing through the Baldur's Gate games for the very first time, and I just got to Baldur's Gate in the first game, it could take a while before I find time for other games.

JaseC

x3n05 said:
I haven't bothered using the filter since interenet caps were boosted last year and found that it automatically downloads from 3FL if it's available there, mind you my ISP is iinet.

Yeah, I have a reasonably high success rate simply by using the in-built download server location option, but I still choose to use the filter as, when Steam decides to use an international server instead, it's a pain in the arse having to continually close the connections until the program finally gets the hint and picks a local server.

Anyway, it's connected to the GA and WAIA content servers now, so it seems Steam's self-cleansing has resolved the issue. (I wouldn't mind the 9 or so GB coming off my quota if I didn't have a truckload of Usenet stuff queued.)

BY2K

Membero Americo
I could have a giveaway copy of Portal 1 already if Paypal wasn't so freaking slow. It's been a week since my 50$ was taken from a bank account and it still isn't in my Paypal account. :mad:

bigjimmystyle said:
Of course! What's your Steam ID?
It actually for a younger sibling who's getting a new Macbook Pro today. I'll send you a PM with her Steam ID as soon as she has found a way to get past the recaptcha.

TheBear

shuyin please PM me with your steam ID.

archnemesis I've added your sister, can't gift it until she accepts the request. Enjoy the game!

Doopliss

I've been playing Darksiders in just the last week or so and I really like it. The first couple of hours are a bit combat heavy (at a time when you have a limited range of moves and abilities, and feel kind of weak), but after that it finds a good balance between the fighting and the puzzles and platforming, and dishes out new gameplay mechanics frequently to keep it fresh. I wish there were more games like this on PC.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Darksiders is really good. Story's not as deep as it could have been, but it plays very well and stays engaging throughout. It looks like World of Warcraft at times, that's alright though. I'm not into the blood effects and some meshes are pretty lowres, but that's nitpicking. It sometimes hitches at specific points, probably a streaming issue or sth.

The soundtrack is really good. Not Morrowind-good, but certainly good. Very epic and wide.

Javaman

There's a week long deal on "Crazy machines everything" for $23 right now. It's been going on for several days already so it's probably almost over. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of Rube Goldburg contraptions or incredible machines from back in the day. I think #2 is optimized for nvidia's physix so ati users you might want to look for a demo first.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I had a pretty good time playing MNC last night. I feel bad for picking it up on release and playing for about 30 minutes and then kinda ditching it before learning the mechanics.

coopolon

SumGamer said:
Regreting that I pass a chance to buy Morrowind last year :(
Hope it comes back again soon.

With Skyrim coming out later this year, it would surprise me if Morrowind and Oblivion don't go on sale at some point between now and then. Heck, if they have a Spring sale like last year they'll probably get some discount even if they are never deals of the day, Bethesda is okay with Steam sales, not the best out there, but they're a halluva a lot better than Activision.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
I had a pretty good time playing MNC last night. I feel bad for picking it up on release and playing for about 30 minutes and then kinda ditching it before learning the mechanics.

The post war effects of modern warfare has done to you, sadly war has changed for the bad.

MNC

I can't shake the feeling MNC tries to incorporate alot, perhaps too much. The turret building, cash system, bullrush ability, jetpacks, all the different kinds of bots that attack that moneyball (which make it seem like a third person tower defense game) and just.. it's a bit all over the place. I don't mind that much, but I'm not quite sure wether to buy it or not so I'll play some more this weekend.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MNC said:
I can't shake the feeling MNC tries to incorporate alot, perhaps too much. The turret building, cash system, bullrush ability, jetpacks, all the different kinds of bots that attack that moneyball (which make it seem like a third person tower defense game) and just.. it's a bit all over the place. I don't mind that much, but I'm not quite sure wether to buy it or not so I'll play some more this weekend.
There is definitely a ton of shit going on and it took me a good hour or so to start feeling like I understood everything.

Lime

My mother just gifted me:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
DOW2: Retribution
Shogun 2: Total War

Really amazing. And my birthday is only on Tuesday! Rebecca Black really knew what she was singing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom