• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Everyone should pick up:

Penumbra series, Dark Fall Lost Souls, Amnesia (should have it by now :p), SHolmes Awakened AND vs Jack The Ripper, Dracula Origin, and Scratches.

If anything, Penumbra series and Scratches. Halloween time, for me, is all about Adventure games. Well, most of Oct-Dec is - just such a great vibe. And with some of these deals going on, what a great situation.

Nice to see Bloodlines on sale again too!
I was thinking about getting those but according to Joe Molotov they aren't very good?
I'll probably get Scratches on either gog or steam though. Already own the rest and I'm playing through Penumbra: Overture right now.

A whole bunch of my games don't load any more. They start up and get stuck on a black screen and then they freeze. I've loaded these games before without problems. It doesn't seem to happen to all games though. Any thoughts?? Any help??

Edit: I should add, all my games have been moved to another drive with Steam Mover although I'm not sure this would affect things.

Just a heads-up, Midnight Mysteries doesn't have a proper Steam List logo.

Between this and the Sherlock Holmes games, my OCD is getting a workout now. Seriously, how hard is it to send Valve a goddamn picture?

Fuck.

jim-jam bongs said:
Haha the patch started downloading as soon as I launched it and it started without any problems, so it's pretty safe to guess what was fixed!

Are you playing it with a controller? Play it with a controller.

Qatar

Is Ghostbusters worth it? I know it's only $2.50, but I wanna know your opinions about it and how well the PC version is.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's certainly worth $2.50. You'll want to force SSAA because of the way their packs are rendered.

So I can't play Alice: Madness Returns since Battlefield 3 has taken down all of EA's servers so I can't activate the game. God damn it.

So I ended up calling EA support and the guy I talked to had no idea what Alice: Madness Returns was and had me go onto canyourunit.com to make sure the game could run on my computer. Best part was canyourunit does not have Alice as one of the games. This is so much fun.

Turfster

Oh, just wait for the moments when the phone home DRM microfreezes your Alice while you're jumping and you fall down! That's always fun.

Turfster said:
Oh, just wait for the moments when the phone home DRM microfreezes your Alice while you're jumping and you fall down! That's always fun.
The guy I was talking to just reset my password without telling me and then hung up. XD

First two people to reply to this get a game of their choice from the Halloween sale that's $10 or less. Just leave your Steam ID and the game you want.

MNC

LastWindow said:
First two people to reply to this get a game of their choice from the Halloween sale that's $10 or less. Just leave your Steam ID and the game you want.
Dead Space 2. MNC117. I dunno if it actually fits the bill, it was the first that came to mind lol

Silex

LastWindow said:

Me?
EDIT: Or not.

Stalker pack

bs000

LastWindow said:

steamcommunity.com/id/bs000

Resident Evil 5

edit: I losed. Spent too many seconds deciding what I would actually end up playing xD.

MNC

Oh man, LastWindow is awesome.

I know it isn't much, but I *have* to give the gift of giving (wut) too so first person to...
Give me their autograph (fake or real don't matter, paper or paint don't matter, as long as it looks like an autograph with for example your neogaf name!) will get a full indieroyale bundle. I like silly contests.

The_Monk

LastWindow said:

Missed so bad :( Guess I'll never get a decent Steam Library or at least one of the Halloween awesomeness sale...

wilflare

LastWindow said:

Devil May Cry 4! :D
wilflare wilflare

EDIT: okay. too slow. lol. was fun anyway

Turfster

MNC said:
Oh man, LastWindow is awesome.

I know it isn't much, but I *have* to give the gift of giving (wut) too so first person to...
Give me their autograph (fake or real don't matter, paper or paint don't matter, as long as it looks like an autograph with for example your neogaf name!) will get a full indieroyale bundle. I like silly contests.

Okay, for the silliness!

autograph.png

My handwriting is really that bad...

Gvaz

Banned
Only one person posted their steamid

so I'm gonna say they didn't read fully. That being said:

Dead Space 2 http://steamcommunity.com/id/j4rate/

Man Vampire on sale again? Wonder why it was never on sale (expect once?) and now we've had it on sale three times. Kind of tempted to pick up Borderlands or Ghostbusters. Only played the Ghostbusters demo once on 360 and it seemed... okay.

VGChampion said:
Man Vampire on sale again? Wonder why it was never on sale (expect once?) and now we've had it on sale three times. Kind of tempted to pick up Borderlands or Ghostbusters. Only played the Ghostbusters demo once on 360 and it seemed... okay.
Borderlands is an awful, awful game.

coopolon

MRORANGE said:
D: did you play with people or alone?

I played it with 3 friends. Beat it together. Can't believe I sunk 40 hours into that game, I would have stopped at an hour if I hadn't been with my friends. The game is pretty damn boring.

This was all pre-DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom