• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
£2.60 also goes some way to treating myself to my McDonalds breakfast wrap in the morning so.. yeah.

To be fair it'll probably take me longer to eat that than I'll ever spend playing Amnesia. Glad I'm not alone in this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To Zombie Driver or not to Zombie Driver... One game you're in the mood to play now is better than a pack of Indie games you may or may not like later, right?

Maybe I could do like some in China and farm TF2 hats that are worth money to some people...

Kuro Madoushi said:
I already did! And all I got for it was motion sickness
Dimenhydrinate works for games, too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dice said:
To Zombie Driver or not to Zombie Driver... One game you're in the mood to play now is better than a pack of Indie games you may or may not like later, right?
Zombie Driver is pretty fun, but it gets repetitive fast. The whole game takes place in the same city and by the end I was wishing they had more environments.

For all you fans of war themed hat simulators
halloweenupdate.PNG

Halloween DLC is coming TONIGHT to Team Fortress 2

TF2's halloween is always a roaring good time. I'm hyped

Vamphuntr

Got VTM Bloodlines and Amnesia for a total of 9$ and got that Indie Bundle for 3 $ Yesterday. Good times.

Can't download Bloodlines and Amnesia until tomorrow though. Damn you Canadian bandwidth caps.

Stallion Free said:
I feel lucky having it run flawlessly on my i5/460.

I actually managed to get it running with a fix from the Steam Forums and now it runs fantastic on my 3850 :lol

Edit: No seriously, aside from two minor hiccups it's smooth as butter. It's almost unplayable without a controller though. Now where's my 360 controller...

Figure I'd ask again. I purchased a Payday 4 pack this past weekend, someone backed out of it, and now I'm left with an extra copy (it can be yours for $15!). If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
goldsoundz said:
Figure I'd ask again. I purchased a Payday 4 pack this past weekend, someone backed out of it, and now I'm left with an extra copy (it can be yours for $15!). If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. Thanks.
Wow that sucks and makes me leery of hosting one. GL finding someone

Gvaz

Banned
I was going to do a Sanctum giveaway but seems you can't give away things that currently has a pack going on (silly especially for those who only want like one thing) so I'm going to do it here. Quote to see and if you take it, post saying you did. Two to give away.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Tomodachi said:
Won't they give the steam key to anyone who bought the bundle? I was patiently waiting for my key to arrive actually, do you mean I have to ask them directly for my key?

Psy-Phi said he bought it from them directly. If you got it as part of the Indie Royale bundle, the key should be allocated automatically.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Syphon Filter said:
is the xmas sale better then the black Friday one?
The Xmas Sale has pretty much the same amounts of games that went up for sale today EVERY SINGLE DAY for like ten days.

Plus, it has store-wide sales. As in, pretty much everything on Steam is at least 10% off.

So I'm going to say yes.

Psy-Phi

MmmSkyscraper said:
Psy-Phi said he bought it from them directly. If you got it as part of the Indie Royale bundle, the key should be allocated automatically.

Yeah, thanks for that heads up (I should have read the e-mail closer), they just sent the key to me. Can now spend that 8.50 on something else :)

drizzle said:
The Xmas Sale has pretty much the same amounts of games that went up for sale today EVERY SINGLE DAY for like ten days.

Plus, it has store-wide sales. As in, pretty much everything on Steam is at least 10% off.

So I'm going to say yes.

10%? More like at least 33% off! :)

I have a question regarding to adding "Non-Steam" programs to your library list. I got a new PC and am wanting to add Dolphin to it (and PS2 emulator), and nothing I am doing with it is illegal (I'm ripping my own games, and I own a Wii and a PS2, all I want is some HD resolutions and AA!), but is it possible for Steam to see me playing this, and them banning me for it or anything?

Everyone should pick up:

Penumbra series, Dark Fall Lost Souls, Amnesia (should have it by now :p), SHolmes Awakened AND vs Jack The Ripper, Dracula Origin, and Scratches.

If anything, Penumbra series and Scratches. Halloween time, for me, is all about Adventure games. Well, most of Oct-Dec is - just such a great vibe. And with some of these deals going on, what a great situation.

Nice to see Bloodlines on sale again too!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Mana Legend said:
I have a question regarding to adding "Non-Steam" programs to your library list. I got a new PC and am wanting to add Dolphin to it (and PS2 emulator), and nothing I am doing with it is illegal (I'm ripping my own games, and I own a Wii and a PS2, all I want is some HD resolutions and AA!), but is it possible for Steam to see me playing this, and them banning me for it or anything?
:lol You can set it to whatever you want. I saw someone troll set it it episode 3 and another time to team fortress 3

svegis

Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol You can set it to whatever you want. I saw someone troll set it it episode 3 and another time to team fortress 3

Yeah, I've _never_ heard of anyone getting banned or anything alike cause of adding non-steam shortcuts. I'd be interested in how they would verify any non-Steamy game except games that are steamworks, if that was the case.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
svegis said:
Yeah, I've _never_ heard of anyone getting banned or anything alike cause of adding non-steam shortcuts. I'd be interested in how they would verify any non-Steamy game except games that are steamworks, if that was the case.
I've had people on my friend list playing a "non-steam" version of Modern Warfare 2. You figure that one out... :D

Tomodachi

The Mana Legend said:
Absolutely not, it's just a local shortcut, you can link whatever you want.

Blizzard

Banned
drizzle said:
I've had people on my friend list playing a "non-steam" version of Modern Warfare 2. You figure that one out... :D
Yeah, I think I've had at least one person on my friends list say it was a pirated game when they were playing a non-Steam version of something. :/

It's highly doubtful Steam would ever do anything to you for it, however, even though the Steam contract stuff probably says they can scan your PC and own your soul if they want.

Every single game I've added to Steam from a retail install has had the CD check removed, because I don't have an optical drive. Not a single fuck was given.

Any word on Midnight Mysteries (the daily deal for $2.50)? I'm having an internal fight between my complete apathy toward hidden object games and my love of Edgar Allen Poe...

DyslexicAlucard said:
Any word on Midnight Mysteries (the daily deal for $2.50)? I'm having an internal fight between my complete apathy toward hidden object games and my love of Edgar Allen Poe...

I enjoyed it, but it's short and easy for the most part. I did love the atmosphere and story.

bestami

Gvaz said:
I was going to do a Sanctum giveaway but seems you can't give away things that currently has a pack going on (silly especially for those who only want like one thing) so I'm going to do it here. Quote to see and if you take it, post saying you did. Two to give away.

Seemed like nobody was interested so i nabbed one, thanks.

Rapstah

jim-jam bongs said:
Nah 7/10 for the PC version. It gets docked a point for angular graphics.
Back in 2007 it didn't say "In non-steam game", shortcuts had the same tag as real games, "In-game:". I fooled dozens of people with my Warcraft 3 being called Left 4 Dead. Then they fixed it and I was no longer popular.

wilflare

elektrixx said:
Are there three other people left in the world who haven't bought Left 4 Dead?! I want to get in on a Four Pack for both games.

get the L4D1+2 Bundle, it's 10.19USD same as getting both games from 4pack (cheaper actually by 0.005

drizzle

Axel Hertz
elektrixx said:
Are there three other people left in the world who haven't bought Left 4 Dead?! I want to get in on a Four Pack for both games.
wilflare said:
get the L4D1+2 Bundle, it's 10.19USD same as getting both games from 4pack (cheaper actually by 0.005
I'm pretty sure all campaign maps from Left 4 Dead 1 are already available in Left 4 Dead 2, except one of them is still in Beta.

You even get the old survivors. And a better engine (Left 4 Dead 1 zombies only explode into bloody mists on explosions. Left 4 Dead 2 zombie bodies stay around in the environment.). There's no reason to get Left 4 Dead 1 at this point, afaik.

drizzle said:
I'm pretty sure all campaign maps from Left 4 Dead 1 are already available in Left 4 Dead 2, except one of them is still in Beta.

You even get the old survivors. And a better engine (Left 4 Dead 1 zombies only explode into bloody mists on explosions. Left 4 Dead 2 zombie bodies stay around in the environment.). There's no reason to get Left 4 Dead 1 at this point, afaik.

Full body awareness bro :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom