• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rufus said:
Unless they become a member.

That would be an unknown variable and therefore can't be used to argue for or against them. All we can say for sure is that they are unable to contribute at this moment in time, and as such should be out of the running for codes.

Keep in mind, this is just me personally. I don't care what other people do with their keys and codes, but when I give stuff away here it's for GAF not for random internet person who happens to find the thread.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't personally care if people post or not, but in the logic that not giving back, people who can post and choose not to should be lower in the list then people who can't but possibly would if they had the chance. One is actively choosing not to contribute, one has no choice.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
We're debating how someone can give away their things now? For real?

If someone wants to give something away who the fuck are you to bitch about how they do it? It's their shit to give away as they see fit.

Ugh GAF, you guys make me sick sometimes.

Weenerz

Banned
Sinatar said:

If someone wants to give something away who the fuck are you to bitch about how they do it? It's their shit to give away as they see fit.

This is exactly why I decided to give the codes away to everyone, it's my choice and I'm tired of see people complain because they missed a free giveaway to a "lurker". Entitled assholes.

StuBurns said:
I don't personally care if people post or not, but in the logic that not giving back, people who can post and choose not to should be lower in the list then people who can't but possibly would if they had the chance. One is actively choosing not to contribute, one has no choice.

Membership to GAF is still free.

Sinatar said:

me said:
Keep in mind, this is just me personally. I don't care what other people do with their keys and codes, but when I give stuff away here it's for GAF not for random internet person who happens to find the thread.

Kind of thought that it was an interesting discussion to have around what the pros and cons of being part of an online community like NeoGAF are but maybe that's just me.

It took so long to become a JR when I applied. But that's besides the point. I would hate to see this thread moved to Community becasue of it being derailed about what constitutes a lurker.

How about dat sale?

Weenerz

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
I've spent hundreds of dollars on gifts for people on GAF, but okay I guess I'm an entitled asshole.

Your preference, just like it's ours to give to everyone and not just NeoGAF people.

Rufus

jim-jam bongs said:
That would be an unknown variable and therefore can't be used to argue for or against them.
Yes, absolutely. It's like you're reading my mind.

jim-jam bongs said:
You take appropriate measures (demanding a PM), I assume, and that's fine. I'm not taking a position one way or another, handle give-aways however you want. It's your reasoning I took issue with.

edit: Ah, jeez. Don't leave because of one off-hand comment (which wasn't even addressed at you? If so, I fail to see how it makes sense).

jim-jam bongs said:
Good thing that's exactly what I said a few posts up then isn't it. Later folks, I'm unsubscribing from this thread.
Don't do that. I for one will miss your posts and insights.

StuBurns said:
Amnesia is too scary. I should have bought that little InFamous PS3 game instead.
I am afriad of playing that game. Staying quite far away from it. Dead Space on the other hand... As long as I have a weapon I am fine with however scary the game is. lol

vazel

Banned
Can't believe some people are serious about not liking lurkers. Clubhouse mentalities are antithetical to the internet imo.
jim-jam bongs said:
I've spent hundreds of dollars on gifts for people on GAF, but okay I guess I'm an entitled asshole.
Give me gifts!
hyper.gif

Aselith

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
It took so long to become a JR when I applied. But that's besides the point. I would hate to see this thread moved to Community becasue of it being derailed about what constitutes a lurker.

How about dat sale?
The subject is on topic but irrelevant to anyone ever. Who gives a fuck?

pelican

Fuck it I just bought Amnesia and the Killing Floor package.

Nice and cheap on the Halloween sale. Fancied Killing Floor for a while and at £6 I can't argue.

The_Monk

We should have some Skype thing or anything similar and create a suport group while we play Amnesia and chat/speak.

I've been very busy, but I wanted to try Amnesia.

I won it in a GAF silly contest, so we need more silly contests please!

I'm wondering if I can make it to 35 games on my library until the end of the year, woo!

StuBurns

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
One of the best games you'll ever play.

My advice? Man up.
They should have allowed saves in Justine, if I could get a nice complete experience from that I'd be more convinced to commit to the real game.

The_Monk said:
We should have some Skype thing or anything similar and create a suport group while we play Amnesia and chat/speak.

I've been very busy, but I wanted to try Amnesia.

I won it in a GAF silly contest, so we need more silly contests please!

I'm wondering if I can make it to 35 games on my library until the end of the year, woo!
Nothing would kill your experience like that.

Darkness. Silence. Alone. Turned up loud.

That's how it needs to played. You will shit bricks, but you'll love it because of that. As soon as you have another voice your experienced will be tainted.

StuBurns said:
They should have allowed saves in Justine, if I could get a nice complete experience from that I'd be more convinced to commit to the real game.
Justine?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sanctom is good fun with 3 friends in voice chat. The games does feel like it could use more maps though, I think we are going to run out of content at about the 10 hour mark.

The_Monk

Foliorum Viridum said:
Nothing would kill your experience like that.

Darkness. Silence. Alone. Turned up loud.

That's how it needs to played. You will shit bricks, but you'll love it because of that. As soon as you have another voice your experienced will be tainted.

But I do that all the time when playing Dark Souls :(

Plus, I shouldn't be playing games like these because my heart complains.

Bluth54

JaseC said:
Valve should simply alter their DLC policy to apply only to free-to-play games.
I have to disagree with you on this one, I don't want to have to deal with BS like Bioware points if I buy a game on steam. Let me buy any DLC I want through steam. I don't care if you also have an ingame store as well that sells the content, but I'm not interested in the content unless I can get it through steam.

shagg_187 said:
Sanctum or Nimbus?
I have enjoyed the time I hav put into Nimbus. Haven't played Sanctum yet, was hoping to do so tonight. I guess it depends on the type of game you want to play. Fun racing/platforming game or FPS tower/defense.

StuBurns

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Ohh. Never heard of it. Will have to look at it.

I'm sure it's nothing like the main game, so just play it one night you big baby.
But there's no saves, you die and you go back to the start, in fact you don't even get that, the game closes, fuck that.

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I have enjoyed the time I hav put into Nimbus. Haven't played Sanctum yet, was hoping to do so tonight. I guess it depends on the type of game you want to play. Fun racing/platforming game or FPS tower/defense.

Ahh should've been more clear. :p

What does GAF want: Sanctum or Nimbus?

EDIT: Gone.

Does anyone know about any issues with Painkiller on modern hardware? I just got it. When I play without v-sync the fps goes from 300 to 600, it feels like everything is sped up and there's tearing. So I enabled triple buffering via D3DOverrider and every time I get hit by enemies, it feels like there's slowdown for a couple of seconds. It's very distracting.
Anyone else having these issues? I'd like to prevent the screen tearing, but the weird slowdown with v-sync is a bit too distracting. I got a Quad at 2.7 GHz and a HD5850.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
OmegaDragon said:
Does anyone know about any issues with Painkiller on modern hardware? I just got it. When I play without v-sync the fps goes from 300 to 600, it feels like everything is sped up and there's tearing. So I enabled triple buffering via D3DOverrider and every time I get hit by enemies, it feels like there's slowdown for a couple of seconds. It's very distracting.
Anyone else having these issues? I'd like to prevent the screen tearing, but the weird slowdown with v-sync is a bit too distracting. I got a Quad at 2.7 GHz and a HD5850.

I played Painkiller earlier in the year and couldn't get v-sync to work in any fashion. Was pretty annoying, and it was especially distracting with the melee blades spinning, which is some of the nastiest tearing I've ever seen. I just had to man up and play without (and play without ever spinning those blades). :/

dave_m123

Has anybody bought any games of the guy on the Heatware forums (Arkham City, DS3, Civ 5 and Dirt 3?

If so is it all legit? No chance of anything happening to my account do you guys think?

Cheers

Weenerz

Banned
dave_m123 said:
Has anybody bought any games of the guy on the Heatware forums (Arkham City, DS3, Civ 5 and Dirt 3?

If so is it all legit? No chance of anything happening to my account do you guys think?

Cheers

I bought Arkham city just fine.

jediyoshi

dave_m123 said:

Heatwave is just a site to track user feedback, he's from HardForum. The only thing you'd be doing is sending money through paypal so any of your accounts are fine.

Carm

OmegaDragon said:

Seems like an ATI problem. I just booted it up using D3Doverrider locked at 60fps no tearing.

The_Monk

Guys I'm sorry to ask but if I redeem some Steam keys from those bundles that came out some days ago, can anyone else have the Desura and the OnLive keys to work on their systems or is this impossible?

The_Monk said:
Guys I'm sorry to ask but if I redeem some Steam keys from those bundles that came out some days ago, can anyone else have the Desura and the OnLive keys to work on their systems or is this impossible?

It's possible, the Steam keys and the Desura key (It's only one) are different. No Onlive keys in this one.

Sanctum doesn't have a Desura version thought.

The_Monk

Madrugador said:
It's possible, the Steam keys and the Desura key (It's only one) are different. No Onlive keys in this one.

Sanctum doesn't have a Desura version thought.

Nice, I'll see if I have anything in here that I can gift/give the codes to some people.

:)

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I played Painkiller earlier in the year and couldn't get v-sync to work in any fashion. Was pretty annoying, and it was especially distracting with the melee blades spinning, which is some of the nastiest tearing I've ever seen. I just had to man up and play without (and play without ever spinning those blades). :/

Haha, those spinning blades are indeed nasty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom