• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Ok my GAFfers, I have some little things to give.

DESURA keys:

One key for: Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

One key for: Frozenbyte Bundle

One key for: A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda, Gemini Rue and Nimbus

I used the Steam keys but according to some GAFfer the Desura keys are good to give away. Right?

For OnLive

One key for: Trine GONE

OnLive says this: "You will need to have a US, UK or Canadian credit card associated with your OnLive account to redeem this key"

Sanctum DLC

I have one code for:

-Violator DLC
-Killing Floor DLC
-Penetrator DLC

If you want anything, just put my GAF name and then write what you want. The first people to do it, get it. I'll PM you.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam (cause more people are always welcome and my Steam Library is a joke) add: Kenji_M

jediyoshi

The_Monk said:
I used the Steam keys but according to some GAFfer the Desura keys are good to give away. Right?
You're fine, they're not connected at all. There's nothing there to even be a confliction.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm debating whether or not to start a Desura account. I have a bunch of keys for it and it could be useful if my Steam is ever fucked. Then again, the games I have on it I also have DRM-free installers for.

The_Monk said:
Ok my GAFfers, I have some little things to give.

DESURA keys:

One key for: Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

One key for: Frozenbyte Bundle

One key for: A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

One key for: Gemini Rue

One key for: Nimbus

For OnLive

One key for: Trine

OnLive says this: "You will need to have a US, UK or Canadian credit card associated with your OnLive account to redeem this key"

Sanctum DLC

I have one code for:

-Violator DLC
-Killing Floor DLC
-Penetrator DLC

If you want anything, just put my GAF name and then write what you want. The first people to do it, get it. I'll PM you.

If anyone wants to add me on Steam (cause more people are always welcome and my Steam Library is a joke) add: Kenji_M

I'll take the Trine OnLive key if you still have it.

The_Monk said:
One key for: A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

One key for: Gemini Rue

One key for: Nimbus

FYI, the Indie Royale Bundle doesn't give you an individual key for this games, it's just one that gives you all of them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Madrugador said:
FYI, the Indie Royale Bundle doesn't give you an individual key for this games, it's just one that gives you all of them.
what? no it isn't.

the Humble indie bundle was that way, but the royale bundle just sends you to a webpage where you get your download codes for the games.

Card Boy

Banned
The Omega Man said:
haven't been here in a while, what happened to him? he got banned? if so why?

I belive we are not allowed to discuss it in this thread according to one of the mods. He will be back in 6 months though.

Dice

I came into some money... must resist buying Sonic...

Proof for Steam chat: The dicetrain is what gamblers run on chicks.

MRORANGE

Dice said:
I came into some money... must resist buying Sonic...

Proof for Steam chat: The dicetrain is what gamblers run on chicks.

Hi Dice, welcome to the hellhole I call Neogaf steam chat.

PaulLFC

Are the Desura keys in the Indie Royale bundle not separate like the Steam keys? I was going to give them away but all 3 of the games that have Desura keys appear to be using the same key...

PaulLFC said:
Are the Desura keys in the Indie Royale bundle not separate like the Steam keys? I was going to give them away but all 3 of the games that have Desura keys appear to be using the same key...

Yes, one (Desura) key for all of them.

Vamphuntr

Just encountered a game breaking glitch 18 hours in in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. I gave a quest item to an NPC, he accepted it and for some reason I'm warped in another place and when I go back to see him he asks for the item again. Item is gone and quest is labeled as completed in the quest log. It's a mandatory quest too. Can't find the item in the console command list either. Fuck that buggy game. Guess I know why it was 5$.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a discovery I made the other day (regarding the Indie Royale Bundle).

Before gifting the Desura key, remember to redeem everything you want for yourself. Because the Desura key is actually part of the URL from your order.

What I'm trying to say is that once you gift the Desura key you're also giving access to your download page.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Vamphuntr said:
Just encountered a game breaking glitch 18 hours in in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. I gave a quest item to an NPC, he accepted it and for some reason I'm warped in another place and when I go back to see him he asks for the item again. Item is gone and quest is labeled as completed in the quest log. It's a mandatory quest too. Can't find the item in the console command list either. Fuck that buggy game. Guess I know why it was 5$.

Which quest is it?

Dice

I heard that if you didn't fan-patch Bloodlines, you're doing it wrong.

Vamphuntr

Snuggler said:
Which quest is it?

I gave the second horror tape to Isaac. For some reason it warped me to the convenience store after watching the full tape. Tape is gone from inventory and he asks for it again.

Dice said:
I heard that if you didn't fan-patch Bloodlines, you're doing it wrong.

It's the fans' patch 7.8 version...

Blizzard

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
The game may be buggy even with the fan patch, but that's not why it was $5. It was renowned for being like, $20 for YEARS on Steam, virtually never going on sale.

Steam chat is a scary, scary, place. Back to watching some more WTF-a-Thon.

Edit: Nooo.... WTF-a-Thon is over. Now I have to find something else distracting to do instead of playing games from my massive backlog. >_>

Vamphuntr said:

What is the item you need? You can enable the console and give yourself the item again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
What is the item you need? You can enable the console and give yourself the item again.

Yeah, this could work.

You'll have to enable commands by right-clicking on Bloodlines in your Steam library, then selecting properties. In properties, click on launch options and type in "-console", without the quotes.

In game, push the ~ button and type in
"give item_g_horrortape_2".
. This should spawn the item into your inventory. This is weird, but be sure to close the console menu by pushing ~ again instead of clicking the x, which can cause the game to crash. Hopefully that will work.

Vamphuntr

Snuggler said:
Yeah, this could work.

You'll have to enable commands by right-clicking on Bloodlines in your Steam library, then selecting properties. In properties, click on launch options and type in "-console", without the quotes.

In game, push the ~ button and type in
"give item_g_horrortape_2".
. This should spawn the item into your inventory. This is weird, but be sure to close the console menu by pushing ~ again instead of clicking the x, which can cause the game to crash. Hopefully that will work.

I can bring the console fine but I can't move around or even move the camera. I have to quit the game by using the quit command since esc is not responding it's giving a lot of error in the console itself such as can't find camera files and so on.

Vamphuntr said:
I can bring the console fine but I can't move around or even move the camera. I have to quit the game by using the quit command since esc is not responding it's giving a lot of error in the console itself such as can't find camera files and so on.

Don't close the console with the x in the upper right of the window. Open and exit the console using the `/~ key. Closing or exiting the console using the "x" will cause the game to freeze (in most cases).

Vamphuntr

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Don't close the console with the x in the upper right of the window. Open and exit the console using the `/~ key. Closing or exiting the console using the "x" will cause the game to freeze (in most cases).

Spawning the tape works but it freezes the game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom