• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
More games will certainly be added too, if the Steam registry is to be believed.

Binding of Isaac will probably get thrown in as a bonus soon.

Scythian

UUggh, still can't make up my mind, want Dead Space 2, kinda want Bioshock 2, kinda want Scratches >:/

It's not very likely there's going to be a Thanksgiving sale, right? A sale on November and the huge holiday sale would be too much

Gvaz

Banned
Scythian said:
UUggh, still can't make up my mind, want Dead Space 2, kinda want Bioshock 2, kinda want Scratches >:/

It's not very likely there's going to be a Thanksgiving sale, right? A sale on November and the huge holiday sale would be too much
It's likely. It's also likely for xmas too.

morningbus

Scythian said:

They had a Thanksgiving sale last year. I mean, anything could happen, but I would expect it.

Though the focus was a little different than their other sales. If I remember correctly, they put up huge discounts on buying multiple copies of games. Like, 10 dollars for 20 Half-Lifes, or something to that effect. The idea was that you'd give them out to your friends.

Blizzard

Banned
Scythian said:

Here, I'll save you money. Check their prices of the games you are interested in, buy any that are $5 and below, skip the rest until Christmas. :D

Scythian

morningbus said:
They had a Thanksgiving sale last year. I mean, anything could happen, but I would expect it.

Though the focus was a little different than their other sales. If I remember correctly, they put up huge discounts on buying multiple copies of games. Like, 10 dollars for 20 Half-Lifes, or something to that effect. The idea was that you'd give them out to your friends.

Did they really? That sounds odd, guess I'll save some money for it, and if it doesn't happen it can always go to the Christmas sale.

Nice to see another Humble Bundle. Speaking of that, I still have Steam keys to give away from the last one. If anyone wants one reply with your Steam ID and the one you want. I've got:

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle
FrozenByte Bundle
SpaceChem

I'm pretty sure none have been used so my apologies if you get it and it doesn't work. :-\

morningbus

Scythian said:
Did they really? That sounds odd, guess I'll save some money for it, and if it doesn't happen it can always go to the Christmas sale.

Individual games were on sale too, but the a daily sale looked like this (from shacknews):

Alpha Protocol - $7.50 (75% off)

R.U.S.E. - $33.49 (33% off)

The Deus Ex Collection - $4.99 (75% off)

Shank - $10.04 (33% off)

Counter-Strike: Source - $5.00 (75% off)

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $10.50 (70% off)

Indie Energy Pack - $4.99 (90% off)

Prototype - $14.99 (50% off)

Borderlands - $9.99 (50% off)

10 x Half-Life 2 - $19.99 (77% off)

8 x Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - $11.99 (83% off)

6 x R.U.S.E. - $149.99 (50% off)

6 x Borderlands - $39.99 (66% off)

Tomodachi

bik93.jpg

That is golden.

Askani

LastWindow said:
Nice to see another Humble Bundle. Speaking of that, I still have Steam keys to give away from the last one. If anyone wants one reply with your Steam ID and the one you want. I've got:

Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle
FrozenByte Bundle
SpaceChem

I'm pretty sure none have been used so my apologies if you get it and it doesn't work. :-\

I have Frozen Synapse, but am interested in FrozenByte and Spacechem. As to not be completely greedy, I'll stick to FrozenByte.

SteamID: SonAskani

EDIT :::::

I'm also light on Steam Friends so anyone who wants to, feel free to add me.

Sblargh

Banned
Steam has been freezing whenever I leave it alone do download something; anyone knows anything about it?
I open it, do other stuff on the computer, then when I go back to check on it, it's frozen, only way to leave is by ctrl+alt+del it.

Blizzard

Banned
Rufus said:
Looks like they turned the Mirror's Edge DLC into a whole game, I am intrigued already.
There are only 12 levels if I read the descrition correctly, but yeah. And it even uses UE3, which means they could have potentially learned stuff from the UDK forums and the Mirror's Edge editor itself.

Blizzard

Banned
Rufus said:
Ah, OK, but it sounds like a good length at that price. I want to know how it controls, so if anybody picks it up, impressions are appreciated.

Also: Costume Quest, 67% off.
For under $10, I will pick it up tonight. I'll report back what I find out since I'm the forum's dedicated Mirror's Edge poster/publicity person/custom map finder/fan. =P

MNC

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. InMomentum. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Costume Quest. I knew it was good to wait. Yet I'm still not going to buy it because of the backlog.

Scythian

Finally caved in and got Penumbra Black Plague, Scratches and Costume Quest.
Didn't know Black Plague included Requiem, and I was wondering why it wasn't on Steam :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Costume Quest is mine, fuck yeah! I almost snatched it up at full price, but I had a feeling this would happen.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So with the new humble bundle out anyone want an old one?

I have a code for humble bundle #2 if anyone wants it.

Also Xelios u are too awesome.

edit:gone.

Lumine

Oh man I thought I was going to come away clean from this sale and now you tell me costume quest showed up. I'm not even sure what to expect from this game just that it looks sort of neat. Is it actually any good? I remember reading some mixed thoughts..? I'm not sure.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Lumine said:
Oh man I thought I was going to come away clean from this sale and now you tell me costume quest showed up. I'm not even sure what to expect from this game just that it looks sort of neat. Is it actually any good? I remember reading some mixed thoughts..? I'm not sure.

It's great.

ShaneB

Just giving my gratitude towards Xelios as well. Dude gives and gives and gives. All the respect in the world to this guy.

kamspy

Ahhhhh. Costume Quest is on sale and I'm completely broke!

I'll give anything in my TF2 backpack for this (RO2 preorder hats!) or gladly gift something back this Friday if someone can gift / trade this to me.

Steam ID is kamspy

Happy Halloween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom