• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythian

I'm always amazed by the amount of gifts being sent out, specially by Xelios. I'm beginning to think they're all in cahoots trying to troll the rest of us :p

Chavelo

GAHHHH! Why did they have to do Costume Quest today later on the sale? Had 10 bucks left and decided to go with DMC4 this morning... man, this + work just ruins the rest of the day... :-(

Nightz

xelios said:
Nightz gifted me Witcher 2 so if someone wants to be kind, he deserves something.
Not really, that was just a friendly gesture for your awesomeness. I actually enjoy the thrill of racing to quote someone first. =P

Rufus

Sportbilly said:
Just out of interest- is Costume Quest 'OK' for a 10 year old or a 6 year old to play, or is it a bit more adult-themed than I'm thinking?
Totally OK. Adorable and completely innocent. edit: Missed this whole page, woops.

Sportbilly said:
Just out of interest- is Costume Quest 'OK' for a 10 year old or a 6 year old to play, or is it a bit more adult-themed than I'm thinking?

Completely ok.

It is very similar to Charlie Brown.

In fact, it has a VERY Charlie Brown "The Great Pumpkin" feel to the whole thing.

It's fantastic.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Syphon Filter said:
Is dmc 3 worth $10?
If the port isn't botched and it has good controller support, then heeeeeellllll yes. Anyone know about the port quality?

Mechazawa

Snuggler said:
DMC3 is supposed to be pretty rough on PC. No native pad support, no widescreen support, and there aren't any overhaul mods for the Steam version. I'd recommend you buy DMC4 instead (if you haven't already) or wait until the DMC3 rerelease next winter.

More importantly: Major performance issues if you're PC isn't butt burningly powerful.

Everyone should wait for the HD releases(or just grab a PS2 if those end up sucking too)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Syphon Filter said:
Does dmc 4 use gfwl?

Nope. Maybe this has changed, but I don't think it has any DRM based on this interview I found on the google.

Christian Svensson, the Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development of Capcom, spoke at length about the issue on the official forums, adding his annoyance that the team behind the game "didn't use any of the DRM mechanisms requested," and that the game was torrented the day of release.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Marsipolami said:
Twinduct is a gentleman and a scholar. Costume Quest is mine. MINE!

heart-blending_81643807.jpg

Jeez, Twinduct has gone gift-happy! Unfortunately I already bought Costume Quest earlier, but it is still really awesome of him to give out so many free games.

Thanks again for the thought, Twinduct!

Smash88

Banned
Nuts, missed the gifts again :p

Oh well.

So much love from GAF over Halloween :O

Can't wait to see how GAF will be during the Christmas sale.

I had some Halloween sale stuff in my cart for the past few days, but the Costume Quest deal pushed me over the edge. Picked up:
Costume Quest ($4.99)
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines ($5.00)
Ghostbusters ($2.49)
Ghost Master ($1.24)

*Just noticed the header image* *chuckle* "Wil B. Back - He was a persistent fellow."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Bloodlines kicks ass. Everything about it is way better that it seemed, and as good as people said. If I sleep too long tomorrow and miss my window to get Costume Quest, I won't feel too bad.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So what is Costume Quest like? Screens and videos tell me nothing.

Tell me before I finish watching Sex and the City! :O

Relax.MX, thanks for the digital gifts. Best of wishes to you and happy "dia de los muertos" or i should say sad "dia de los muertos"? Guess i'll leave that up to you.

shintoki said:
So what is Costume Quest like? Screens and videos tell me nothing.

Tell me before I finish watching Sex and the City! :O
RPG where you go door to door to compete in battles and complete quests to level up. You gain costumes along the way which act as your class during battle and each costume has a special ability outside of battle to solve puzzles.
cmon.png

Smash88

Banned
gibon3z said:
Just bought mount and blade warband on amazon. The key did not register on steam I thought that game was steamworks.

I don't think it is a pure steamworks game. I think it's in the same situation as Batman Arkham City, it's Steamworks, but still requires GFWL. And you can't activate any other codes, that aren't Steam specific.

Try contacting Warband's support, maybe they'll give you a key for free.

C.T.

I want to spread the Cthulu love. Lovecraft fans here or 16 bit rpg lover? I need an email address.

Pm me and it's yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom