• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Lumine said:
I'm not even sure what to expect from this game just that it looks sort of neat. Is it actually any good? I remember reading some mixed thoughts..? I'm not sure.

Don't doubt. It's a simple game but it's got a lot of charm and personality. You'll probably love it.

And I add my self to the 'xelios, thank you' list.

confused

Banned
Xelios, thanks...........again for costume quest this time.

You are way to kind :

445d59fbc0824f60d801383a8928ea48.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Stallion Free said:
I really only needed it to drop to 10$, but I'm not gonna pass up on a 5$ Costume Quest.

This steep a discount, this soon after release is insane. They could have gotten so much more of my money.

Askani

Bleh. I just bought the RoyalIndie Bundle and got in on the new Humble Bundle. Then I picked up the Overlord Pack and Call of Cthulhu/Breath of Death VII from Steam this morning.

Costume Quest, I'm sorry...but you're just gonna have to wait.

kamspy

Yeah I'll give my entire TF2 backpack for Costume Quest.

EDIT:

Holy cow two gaffers just gave me Costume Quest at the exact same time. Gaffers are the best. Much love guys. Happy Halloween. Twinduct and Xelious are awesome guys!

Doomrider

Askani said:
Bleh. I just bought the RoyalIndie Bundle and got in on the new Humble Bundle. Then I picked up the Overlord Pack and Call of Cthulhu/Breath of Death VII from Steam this morning.

Costume Quest, I'm sorry...but you're just gonna have to wait.

Ahah, same. Oh well, I was not gonna play it anyway (not anytime soon).

Ledsen

I just gifted Costume Quest to my friend :) Such an awesome game, just want to spread the love. Thinking about double-dipping myself (own it on 360), but I'm not sure yet.

Relax.MX

I dont gonna buy Custume Quest...i have a excellent Hallowen games in this sale(thanks to Xelios)...im ready to play a marathon of Dead Space all night

I want Custome Quest but is for the next sale for me...im fine with my games now :)

masterkajo

What? Costume quest on sale? Oh... NO!! Last day and I have no more money in my paypal. It's the same as always, I guess. Should know by now.

Ledsen

catabarez said:
Not that I'm trying to hate on this game, merely ignorance, but can somebody help me find the appeal of Costume Quest?

It's one of the most charming games ever made, and makes you feel like a child again. It's just filled to the brim with joy and happiness.

Card Boy

Banned
Haha i knew Costume Quest would get a massive discount .

Max said:
Why isn't Costume Quest $10 or less :(
QuantumBro said:
They aren't going to put a game on sale that came out less than two weeks ago, wait till Christmas. On that note I'm surprised Psychonauts isn't on sale.
Gez said:
Super Meat Boy was 75% off 21 days after release.
QuantumBro said:
Super Meat Boy sold like crazy those first 21 days they had nothing to lose by putting it on sale, I doubt Costume Quest has sold that many copies considering it never got into the top 20. Someone should just tweet a Double Fine employee to ask them why it isn't on sale.

Checkmate.

Chesskid1

Banned
much love to xelios for hooking me up with costume quest :)

anyways, i was going to buy it for myself, so i'm spreading the love.

first person to quote this wtih costume quest on their wishlist that wasn't added today gets it!

don't thank me -- thank xelios!

Askani

catabarez said:
Not that I'm trying to hate on this game, merely ignorance, but can somebody help me find the appeal of Costume Quest?

The trailer sold me right when it shows the montage of little kids turned into the robots/people/creatures they were dressed up as for Halloween. Plus, it's Tim Schafer.

Corto

Doomrider said:
Just how much of an RPG is it? I'm kinda curious.

Not much. Very light game on leveling mechanics and combat, it compensates that with kilotons of charm though.

And in the spirit of halloween quote to see A.R.E.S. the game and the berserker suit DLC steam keys:

wilflare

a big THANK YOU shoutout to the following:

xelios and jimjambongs for Costume Quest -they both sent a copy!-
Ledsen/Nevvermore for Serious Sam: Random Encounter

undergoing a hell week in school so thanks really for the <3

happy halloween GAF! :D
thanks for the <3

Chesskid1 said:
much love to xelios for hooking me up with costume quest :)

anyways, i was going to buy it for myself, so i'm spreading the love.

first person to quote this wtih costume quest on their wishlist that wasn't added today gets it!

don't thank me -- thank xelios!
God damn it, I knew I shouldn't have removed it from there. :p

Firehead

Xelios is simply too awesome. Gifted me Costume Quest right out of the blue. Thanks again, Xelios! <3
And Happy Halloween, GAF!

Just out of interest- is Costume Quest 'OK' for a 10 year old or a 6 year old to play, or is it a bit more adult-themed than I'm thinking?

Wichu

Sportbilly said:
Just out of interest- is Costume Quest 'OK' for a 10 year old or a 6 year old to play, or is it a bit more adult-themed than I'm thinking?
It's completely fine from what I've played - it does seem to be aimed at kids (of all ages).

Askani

Sportbilly said:

It's rated E+10 for Cartoon Violence. I'm sure it's fine.

Corto

Sportbilly said:

Absolutely. Great game for all ages.

Doomrider

Corto said:
Not much. Very light game on leveling mechanics and combat, it compensates that with kilotons of charm though.

And in the spirit of halloween quote to see A.R.E.S. the game and the berserker suit DLC steam keys
I see. Thanks! It does look like a cute little game. I wonder why the deal isn't featured on Steam's main page or the Halloween sale page, though. It's not even on the top sellers list.

I didn't take the codes, by the way =P

LastWindow said:
Nice to see another Humble Bundle. Speaking of that, I still have Steam keys to give away from the last one. If anyone wants one reply with your Steam ID and the one you want. I've got:

SpaceChem

I'm pretty sure none have been used so my apologies if you get it and it doesn't work. :-\

Bumping this for a new page. Also, I have a code for Sequence that Feep gave me if anyone who somehow didn't already get it wants it. I bought the game to show support so I never used the code.

Chesskid1

Banned
you aren't even supposed to give presents on halloween (or maybe my parents have been holding out on me!)

this thread must be awesome during christmas :)

Card Boy

Banned
Marsipolami said:
Twinduct is a gentleman and a scholar. Costume Quest is mine. MINE!

heart-blending_81643807.jpg

+1

Awesome. Bloke just PM's me out of the blue and gifts me Costume Quests. Xelious and Twinduct are 2 generous gaffers.

Thanks again.

Bumhead

Banned
Just bought myself Arkham City and Costume Quest. I have absolutely zero time to play Costume Quest right now but I sure as hell intend on playing it, and at the current price it would be rude of me to say now. I'm absolutely hyped for Arkham City. At least now I can sleep a little easier knowing that I've paid up for it and am ready to get going the minute Rocksteady and Steam let me.

dani_dc

Goddamnit, I was so close of making out of a Steam sale without buying anything for once.

Lets see if I can resist Custome Quest this time or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom