• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

Twinduct said:
Hmm .. isn't it just up one month after release? I mean the retailer's ban.
I hope so; but Space Marine is almost 2 months old now and still isn't on the UK Steam page. Wish THQ didn't have this strange system for the UK (presumably to appease bricks and mortar stores).

Twinduct

Dynoro said:
I hope so; but Space Marine is almost 2 months old now and still isn't on the UK Steam page. Wish THQ didn't have this strange system for the UK (presumably to appease bricks and mortar stores).

Oh .. weird. I remember it being taken down, but never checked to see if it was put up again, which it was. Guess RSA was removed earlier than I knew :<

Something wrong with blocking the sale of a game that is steamworks. Btw there has been no Space Marine DLC, so no idea if they block DLC as well. I would suggest you try and e-mail someone at THQ to get a definitive answer.

If not, is it possible to gift DLC through steam? Since that might be an option (pick the game up from Amazon and have Gaffers gift you the DLC)

Dynoro

Twinduct said:
Oh .. weird. I remember it being taken down, but never checked to see if it was put up again, which it was. Guess RSA was removed earlier than I knew :<

Something wrong with blocking the sale of a game that is steamworks. Btw there has been no Space Marine DLC, so no idea if they block DLC as well. I would suggest you try and e-mail someone at THQ to get a definitive answer.

If not, is it possible to gift DLC through steam? Since that might be an option (pick the game up from Amazon and have Gaffers gift you the DLC)
Good idea with the gifting; I think I will go with that plan and hope for the best. I held off on Space Marine due to this weird policy (will grab it if they confirm no paid DLC though).

MRORANGE

Dynoro said:

THQ might have set a deal with GAME (the retailer) to not put the game on steam for a while, it's happen with Bethesda with Brink, the game was unavailable for steam for quite a while.

Steam isn't accepting my gift card even though it's valid and already registered for online purchases. I just bought something from Amazon too, what gives?

MRORANGE

Crewnh said:
Steam isn't accepting my gift card even though it's valid and already registered for online purchases. I just bought something from Amazon too, what gives?

I don't think steam accept's gift cards? or do you mean a visa style gift card?

Dynoro

MRORANGE said:
THQ might have set a deal with GAME (the retailer) to not put the game on steam for a while, it's happen with Bethesda with Brink, the game was unavailable for steam for quite a while.
Hopefully this sort of thing doesn't become the norm as its really putting me off buying some publisher's games.

Chesskid1

Banned
for those who know about steam registry stuff

is the new humble bundle extra games gonna be under one key? so they'll have to add both games at once? or will it be separate? or you can't tell?

thanks!

and costume quest is one of the only games that puts you in a very cheery mood when you play. can't think of much games like that. so fun.

Can you be logged in on more than one computer? I am sitting here, bored out of my mind at work, and want to browse Steam and preorder Sonic Generations. But at home my PC is on currently downloading a few games, and with out bad the internet it, I don't want to take the chance of my PC logging itself out and stopping my downloads.

Echoplx

Last time I used one of them it didn't work at all. Maybe try adding it to a paypal account and paying with it that way.

Joe Molotov

The Mana Legend said:
Can you be logged in on more than one computer? I am sitting here, bored out of my mind at work, and want to browse Steam and preorder Sonic Generations. But at home my PC is on currently downloading a few games, and with out bad the internet it, I don't want to take the chance of my PC logging itself out and stopping my downloads.

If you're already logged in somewhere, it will log you out from that location.

svegis

The Mana Legend said:

I can't test right now but from what I remember, it's a no go, you can't logon more than one computer at a time with the same account. Worst case, second account and gift yourself it?

SmokyDave

The Mana Legend said:
You can't be logged in at two places at once. When you log in at work, it will kick you off at home.

I think, but I can't promise, that your downloads will continue on the home machine.

Edit: Not sure what happens if you just log into the website, rather than the client itself.

benjipwns

Banned
You can log into the website and it won't kick Steam off. Or at least that's how it used to work.

EDIT: Tried it, works fine still.

Should note I used my laptop to log into the website, logging into Steam on my laptop will kick the desktop off and vice versa.

PaulLFC

Chesskid1 said:
for those who know about steam registry stuff

is the new humble bundle extra games gonna be under one key? so they'll have to add both games at once? or will it be separate? or you can't tell?

thanks!

and costume quest is one of the only games that puts you in a very cheery mood when you play. can't think of much games like that. so fun.
One key, by the looks of it. Blocks that Matter and Binding of Isaac are under one entry, whereas last bundle, I'm pretty sure Frozen Synapse and SpaceChem were separate as they were added at different times.

Edit: Oops, dp, sorry.

Derrick01

Banned
Sober said:
Did you try forcing vsync and triple buffering? Afterwards I didn't really notice any sudden framerate fluctuations. The game would occasionally hitch for a second or two that was about it.

Couldn't seem to force AA with an ATI card though, just get that weird screwed up transparency effect, but most of the cel-shading techniques and the mostly dark environments hid it pretty well anyway.

I have that d3d overrider program so I didn't think I had to, I heard the sound the program makes when games that can use it start so I figured it was working already (plus I saw no tearing).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Blasted through Costume Quest main story in 4 hours. Kind of strange how it nearly forces you to max everything as you beat it as well. Second story is certainly different setting-wise. This could be a fun game to make into a Halloween tradition.

Echoplx

Main campaign took me 8 hours, i did everything 100% though.

Oh and I did it all in one sitting, it's been a while since I played a game 8 hours straight.

Blizzard

Banned
Dice said:
Is it Robo-Crash and the Mirror's Edge of the Ninja: Racing? Because that's what it looks like.
I haven't played Robo-Crash, but I would say if you like trickjumping and bunny-hopping to gain speed in Enemy Territory etc. games, that sort of thing + low gravity. Almost felt like Spiderman at one point. The thing is, any time you're near a new wall you get two jumps (walljump + midair jump) so I realized that instead of falling to my death in a forest of pillars, I could keep flying back and forth and save myself in most cases. It's very free-form, and harder difficulties are presumably for people who want more of a challenge and less ability to save themselves with floaty jumps.

I still need to try the multiplayer too, but I have hardly any gaming time until Friday.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
3chopl0x said:
i did everything 100% though.
*looks over sunglasses at you 80s-style* So did I.

Blizzard said:
I haven't played Robo-Crash
That was a reference to Crash Bandicoot but, like, with a robot instead of a bandicoot.

Blizzard

Banned
Dice said:

That was a reference to Crash Bandicoot but, like, with a robot instead of a bandicoot.
Ah okay, I haven't played that either. =P And at least in singleplayer, you have no visible body to worry about, so you're just a floating viewpoint bouncing off of walls.

Echoplx

Dice said:

FUUUU I had a feeling you were going to say that

I honestly can't see how you did that in half the time but I'm kinda glad I took longer, every moment of that game was amazing so the longer it lasts the better :D

Smash88

Banned
Crewnh said:
This is really weird then. I've checked again and it is definitely approved and has a registered address.

Sometimes you need to register your card online at their site. Then you need to use the same postal code/area code whatever it is, as the one you registered.

Echoplx

SkyDrift added to the registry, along with some DLC

- Gladiator MP Pack
- Extreme Fighters Premium Airplane Pack

There's also a SkyDrift + Gladiator Pack bundle, which I assume will be a pre-order bonus or something.

Chesskid1

Banned
Madrugador said:
Is there any way to slow down text speed in Costume Quest? It's to damn fast.

X to pause on controller during cutscenes(you should really be using one anyways, really). kb/m = gross for this type of game.

Echoplx

MOTHER OF GOD

I noticed an entry for Supreme Commander Retail keys in the registry and just entered my old code for it and it activated both the original AND forged alliance from my one key :O

If you have an old key give it a try and report back

iqhcoZlsAF2Ox.png

Twinduct

3chopl0x said:
MOTHER OF GOD

I noticed an entry for Supreme Commander Retail keys in the registry and just entered my old code for it and it activated both the original AND forged alliance from my one key :O

If you have an old key give it a try and report back

http://i.minus.com/iqhcoZlsAF2Ox.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nope, not working here :<

Twinduct

3chopl0x said:
My copy was one of the 'Gamers Choice' editions (with the red case) Maybe that's why.

Yeah Mine's just a damn silly DVD case with no manual. In fact this might have been my last retail purchase for PC games, since I felt so cheated ... well until BF3 that is, fuck EA for that though.

Twinduct

3chopl0x said:
Well, I got a Steam copy of the original and a free expansion out of this. I'm happy :)
:< .. gratz though.
(Goes back to watching vlogs of Kings & castles)
^^^ Wasn't this delayed due to the team working on AOE: Online?

3chopl0x said:
FUUUU I had a feeling you were going to say that

I honestly can't see how you did that in half the time but I'm kinda glad I took longer, every moment of that game was amazing so the longer it lasts the better :D

Probably blasted around on skate shoes the entire time :p

I'm with you and will be playing the game at my own pace and savoring every moment while it lasts.

Twinduct

Htown said:
Don't buy that game. Even for the ironic funny value.

I made that mistake.

The game is 45 minutes long, tops.

That's almost 15 mins longer than most Triple A releases!
On a real note, don't buy this game.

Blizzard

Banned
Htown said:
Don't buy that game. Even for the ironic funny value.

I made that mistake.

The game is 45 minutes long, tops.
There was a hilarious thread/livefeed/reaction on GAF, possibly by some Htown guy, who sacrificed themselves for the team by trying that game.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Blizzard said:
There was a hilarious thread/livefeed/reaction on GAF, possibly by some Htown guy, who sacrificed themselves for the team by trying that game.
Don't. Buy. That. Game. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom