• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
huge ass update for sanctum. 1.2gb for me.

3 new game modes, new weapons, towers, new languages, maps.

still need to play it soon but that's some quality support.

Any US gaffer wanna gift me the Dead Space pack + Ghostbusters. I'll PayPal right away.

edit - I was getting confused with daylight savings. Sucks that I missed out on the deal.

snoopeasystreet said:
Any US gaffer wanna gift me the Dead Space pack + Ghostbusters. I'll PayPal right away.
The sale's over.
As much as I want Bastion I can wait since I'm sure it'll go on sale again for Christmas, and I need to start playing games I already bought.

Chavelo

Played a few minutes of Bastion. Graphics are real pretty and the music is great. Got it for $15.00, and I think it's worth the original price. $7.50 is an awesome sell folks. :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm going to go against the grain and say I hated Bastion. Once you get past the 'OMG THE NARRATOR IS SAYING WHAT I'M DOING' then you are left with a shallow game. The levels are all 100% linear and the game plays like your typical hack and slash.

Narag

Scythian said:
Good thing I saved some money :)
How good is Bastion? And how long is it?

I really liked it. It's a fairly simple arpg with an amazing soundtrack, a great atmosphere, and enough weapon options to cater to playstyle. I think it's only 6-8 hours if that but I found it quite replayable.

Archie said:
The levels are all 100% linear and the game plays like your typical hack and slash.

This is accurate as well.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
3chopl0x said:
Release Date: 11 Mar 2011

lttp ;)
MRORANGE said:
wah? steam is saying it came out today, well for the UK anyway, stupid regional delays :<
Wasn't that the game with the comic sans font in the subtitles or something? Avoid.

Chesskid1

Banned
LmdXF.png

don't redeem the humble bundle. it'll mess up the alphabetical order of the list

hopefully it will be fixed. use the installers for now.

MRORANGE

this is getting silly, Costume Quest, Royal Indie Bundle, Humble Indie bundle, Halloween sale and now Bastion?!?!?!

Please Valve no more deals, I am trying to save up for the winter sale.

Volcynika

Chesskid1 said:
http://i.imgur.com/c0P7m.png[IMG]

don't redeem the humble bundle. it'll mess up the alphabetical order of the list

hopefully it will be fixed[/QUOTE]

Oh no life is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

jediyoshi

Chesskid1 said:
http://i.imgur.com/c0P7m.png

I find it monkey bananas they even have hooks to set that up for specific games. I'd be fine with it if only for the fact that other The games don't also do it.

Twinduct

Holy shit, my dad would be happy!
He's been trying to finish Evil Genius since it's release day. But due to circumstances outside his control, he always loses his game:
On week of release, installed it on a desktop at his holiday house, played for a few days, desktop gets stolen a week later;
Buy it new and install on home computer, Plays for a few days, house gets hit by lightning, PC hardrive is fried, Dog found the CD;
Bought it again, installed on his laptop, laptop gets stolen;
Fast forward to march this year, I show him how to install it on steam (well buy), two weeks later, break in at his house, laptop stolen .. yet again He used lastpass to generate a pass for steam, but lost his master password.

Two days ago, he buys it off of steam again! .. so good so far :p

MRORANGE

Mrbob said:
Sanctum update is sweet.

Also, will Voxatron be added to your Steam games list when out of Alpha?

most likely yes, the steam key given with the humble bundle contains all those games, they will just arrive later on your steam account.

Twinduct

Gvaz said:
Why the fuck does he keep getting things stolen? Where the fuck do you live?

Well South Africa, house break ins/ theft is just really common here. Not in a bad area though. Neighbourhood just got hit with a crime streak sadly. It's all good now though.

(Summer home is sadly just due to druggies. They steal anything they can sell)

Blizzard said:
Ha, if you knew where he lived, you could steal his Evil Genius games! You won't win THAT easily!

Lol he would have to scale the 8ft wall and bypass the electric fence :p ... not to mention the motion detectors, CCTV cameras or the 5 dogs :p

Makes me happy I live in a complex, only got a lock on my door.

TheExodu5

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
LmdXF.png

What am I missing? That list looks fine to me.

Twinduct

Chesskid1 said:
LmdXF.png

From now on we will refer to The binding of Isaac as
Binding Of Isaac, The!

MNC

3chopl0x said:
EVERY GOD DAMN TIME

I say I'm not gonna buy more before Christmas but I NEED Bastion :C
Fuck. I'm in the same boat.

Bastion............

No. I'm simply refusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom