• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Talamius said:
Just got the same email. Looks fishy as hell. I'm not clicking. Mostly the broken english in the subject line.
I just got it as well, agree that it looks pretty fishy.

Chesskid1

Banned
it's asking me a bunch of questions about DOTA skill level and i've never played it before :(

it asks me when i started playing dota and i never have (not an option). guess i shouldn't have applied, but it's valve!

Xyphie

It was the same for me, just restart Steam, after a bit you'll get an update prompt and it'll work.

Survey is retarded lol, "Average gold and levels earned per game?" like people are PhD statisticians and keep track of that stuff.

Nabs

Oracle Dragon said:
How is the PC version of Bastion? I've been holding out for it on XBLA, but 50% off on steam... Good port? Or is it like From Dust?
It's a great port. Give the demo a spin.

Eusis

I'll probably wait until it's $5 or less just because I have the XBLA version. That,a nd it hasn't been so long I can't pick it back up and finish it off.

Flunkie

Banned
Holy cow, Costume Quest is a blast so far. Just played 3~ hours of it. Freakin' good. Makes me want to go back and actually get farther than a hour into the Penny Arcade games, although I think I like CQ better because it's lighthearted and easy. I remember the first PA game kicking my ass, lol.

Also, If anybody's got an extra Orcs Must Die, I'll trade you whatever in my inventory. Notables: Costume Quest, Alpha Protocol, AvP, and Metro 2033.

moojito

Anyone reckon there's any reason to hold off preordering skyrim on steam til' closer to the 11th?? I'm way too late for the tf2 hat, and I doubt there'll be any new incentives before the 11th given all the hype. Thought I'd check anyway!

Sonic Generations release date just got bumped up to Nov. 3rd on Steam! The digital version is also up on Amazon and has the same date. I wasn't sure if I was going to day 1 this or not due to Sega's track record with PC releases but I really want to play a good Sonic game again and will reward Sega's effort for making the game Steamworks.

nexen

Renegade Ops is one the best games I have ever played.

(and I have played a fuckton of games)

Holy bejeezus is that thing a bag of fun.

I hate to be the cheapass that I am, but since I probably won't have time to play it until winter anyway, is there any chance Bastion will be discounted more during the winter sale?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
LethaL ImpuLse said:
I hate to be the cheapass that I am, but since I probably won't have time to play it until winter anyway, is there any chance Bastion will be discounted more during the winter sale?
Of course there is a chance? Why wouldn't there be?

Flunkie

Banned
nexen said:
Renegade Ops is one the best games I have ever played.

(and I have played a fuckton of games)

Holy bejeezus is that thing a bag of fun.
Is it controller enabled?

GMG says "This game currently requires a QWERTY keyboard to function correctly."

Des0lar

will learn eventually
LethaL ImpuLse said:

I'm hoping for a nice -75% during Winter Daily Sale

nexen

Flunkie said:
Is it controller enabled?

GMG says "This game currently requires a QWERTY keyboard to function correctly."
I played through the whole thing with a 360 controller. Can't imagine playing it any other way, tbh.

Game is sooo good.

If you see the video and think "hey, this game looks good" then you will most likely adore it. It really delivers on its initial promise in a way I haven't seen in years.

Flunkie

Banned
So it's like Rock of Ages, where it "supports" the 360 controller, but only for gameplay? The menus and stuff are mouse-only?

Turfster

Flunkie said:
This is not true, unless they broke it with the latest patch (always a possibility, unfortunately).
I played with zqsd on my azerty keyboard without problems.

nexen

Flunkie said:
So it's like Rock of Ages, where it "supports" the 360 controller, but only for gameplay? The menus and stuff are mouse-only?
No, I distinctly recall navigating all menus with a controller in one hand and a beer in the other. I'm not sure why GMG states that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Flunkie said:

Speaking of Rock of Ages they patched it so the controller works in menus now.

Card Boy

Banned
I don't care if people get upset for what i'm about to say but i hope people lose their jobs over at Warner Brothers/Ubisoft/EA/2K Games/Bethesda/Sega/Square Enix/Activision.

This is just a snipet from a long list, all in the past couple of days. Look at the price of Batman AC.

9b40N.png

MRORANGE

Gez said:
I don't care if people get upset for what i'm about to say but i hope people lose their jobs over at Warner Brothers/Ubisoft/EA/2K Games/Bethesda/Sega/Square Enix/Activision.

This is just a snipet from a long list, all in the past couple of days. Look at the price of Batman AC.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/9b40N.png[/IMG]

what is going on here?! is that regional prices for steam or something?

Sarcasm

Pretty good price for Bastion if your on edge. Even if it might go on sale during winter for 75% the current price is a good sweet spot.

Card Boy

Banned
Stallion Free said:
You want people to lose their jobs because you can't wait for prices to drop?

They are not dropping, they are going up even for titles that are years old. If the shoe was on the other foot you would be crying foul aswell.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sarcasm said:
Pretty good price for Bastion if your on edge. Even if it might go on sale during winter for 75% the current price is a good sweet spot.

Waiting for a 75% off since I already got the game on xbla.

PaulLFC

Earlier in the thread someone posted that Dungeon Defenders was $5, but it wasn't stated from where. Is this deal still going?

inky

Stallion Free said:
You want people to lose their jobs because you can't wait for prices to drop?

Yeah, he can't wait for prices of games released in 2006 to drop. /sigh

I don't agree with him but at least take the time to understand what is he saying.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
moojito said:
Anyone reckon there's any reason to hold off preordering skyrim on steam til' closer to the 11th?? I'm way too late for the tf2 hat, and I doubt there'll be any new incentives before the 11th given all the hype. Thought I'd check anyway!
It's a Steamworks Game. Sign up for IGN Prime with their free 30 days, buy it from Direct2Drive for 45 bucks (10% pre-order discount plus 15% IGN prime discount), add key to steam when it comes out.

Just don't forget to cancel the auto-renewal on IGN Prime.

PaulLFC

3chopl0x said:
MOTHER OF GOD

I noticed an entry for Supreme Commander Retail keys in the registry and just entered my old code for it and it activated both the original AND forged alliance from my one key :O

If you have an old key give it a try and report back
Awesome, I can confirm this works - just activated my Supreme Commander key from the Gold edition I picked up a couple of years ago. Thanks!
3AQmK.gif

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah i'm sorry for sounding like an arse. But it bloody makes me angry especially when our dollar has being worth more for over 2 years now. It also cheeses me off when the same righteous people bitch about a 10 dollar increase on Skyrim or Battlefield but don't even blink an eye when games like Batman AC are 100bucks here (more expensive than retail)

Also what the fuck is the point of raising the price to 'appease retail' of games that are not even sold at retail like Bloody Good Time or DLC? That game is dead online as it is, WHY EVEN RAISE IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom