• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
corn_fest said:
Wow, I thought PixelJunk was a Sony exclusive for sure. I'm going to stop buying PSN/XBLA/WiiWare games, it seems like they always end up on Steam eventually anyway.

seriously im wary of any xbla purchases i make now since id prefer to have most if not all of them on pc anyway.

Card Boy

Banned
corn_fest said:
Wow, I thought PixelJunk was a Sony exclusive for sure. I'm going to stop buying PSN/XBLA/WiiWare games, it seems like they always end up on Steam eventually anyway.

If you an Indie developer i don't understand why you go exclusive to a single console platform in the first place. Its not like Gears of War where i assume Microsoft is paying moneyhats. You gotta keep that income coming from multiple sources.

Dambrosi

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
seriously im wary of any xbla purchases i make now since id prefer to have most if not all of them on pc anyway.
Preach it. Will double dip if Trouble Witches Neo! and the Sega Saturn remakes appear on Steam, though.

And I'm surprised to see Baldur's Gate 2 up there. I thought there were licensing issues preventing it from being sold on Steam, or have they been sorted out?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dambrosi said:
Preach it. Will double dip if Trouble Witches Neo! and the Sega Saturn remakes appear on Steam, though.

And I'm surprised to see Baldur's Gate 2 up there. I thought there were licensing issues preventing it from being sold on Steam, or have they been sorted out?

yeah not to mention if/when xbla titles head to dd/steam they always end up being ludicrously discounted compared to the pathetic 50% off discounts xbla usually has.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nelo Ice said:
yeah not to mention if/when xbla titles head to dd/steam they always end up being ludicrously discounted compared to the pathetic 50% off discounts xbla usually has.
Spacebucks get discounted a lot. Buy recently had them for 35$ for 50$. Prior to that, I got about 16000 for 90$, on top of about 4k in free points. So I've been paying half off, the half off. Lol.

Salsa

PaulLFC said:
Just found these in the registry, they're very well hidden, but hopefully it means some or all of them will come out at some point:

Geneforge 1-5
The Dream Machine Chapters 1&2 ("The Dream Machine is a point & click adventure game in five chapters, made by hand using materials such as clay and cardboard")
Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
Pixeljunk: Eden
Death Rally

I'll have a look if there's any more interesting stuff that hasn't been released yet.

uh?

I know Sony doesnt own the Pixeljunk guys but i was pretty sure they owned the Pixeljunk name..

awesome if true though!

Nelo Ice

Banned
shintoki said:
Spacebucks get discounted a lot. Buy recently had them for 35$ for 50$. Prior to that, I got about 16000 for 90$, on top of about 4k in free points. So I've been paying half off, the half off. Lol.

i usually prefer having pc anyway plus im spoiled by point exploits and i usually dont buy points when before i used to get 10k+ easy for free lol. speaking of which its been too long since theres been an epic free points giveway.

PaulLFC

SalsaShark said:
uh?

I know Sony doesnt own the Pixeljunk guys but i was pretty sure they owned the Pixeljunk name..

awesome if true though!
I was surprised to see it too, maybe it'll be like FFVII and never get released, but here's the registry listing:

7RyZI.png

A few more games that are in the registry:
Worms Pinball
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf
Empire Earth II
Empire Earth III
Ground Control II
and also "Project Silverado" and "Project Bodyguard", although I have no idea what they are.

RetroGreg

Wow, Pixeljunk on Steam would be awesome. I'm starting to hold off my console downloadables as well and opting for the eventual Steam version. This is great.

PaulLFC said:
I was surprised to see it too, maybe it'll be like FFVII and never get released, but here's the registry listing:

7RyZI.png

A few more games that are in the registry:
Worms Pinball
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf
Empire Earth II
Empire Earth III
Ground Control II
and also "Project Silverado" and "Project Bodyguard", although I have no idea what they are.
Is FFVII still on the registry?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Taking a peak at the weekly SteamStats, Kind of interesting to note that Deus Ex was around 50k for a peak during its first weekend, while Rage peaked at 18k. Two single player focus titles, but both handled completely differently.

Derrick01

Banned
shintoki said:
Taking a peak at the weekly SteamStats, Kind of interesting to note that Deus Ex was around 50k for a peak during its first weekend, while Rage peaked at 18k. Two single player focus titles, but both handled completely differently.

I think that's because more people were frothing over the prospect of the first good Deus Ex game in 10 years and generally knew how the game was going to play since it was trying to mimic the first game's gameplay.

With Rage we saw just how many people thought it was borderlands mixed with fallout 3 and how wrong that is. Basically the game was selling off id's name and reputation at first until reviews finally came out on launch day (whereas we had the leak with Deus Ex months prior). Of course the AMD issues with Rage sure didn't help the game's public perception.

edit: Woooah baldur's gate 2 is in the registry now? Mind fuckin blown!

Gvaz

Banned
Htown said:
jumped in, third statement was about tentacle rape

I'm out
That was a link to a picture of a funny dude who had shopped in his girlfriend who was some videogame character. It wasn't anything like that. Man you're skittish.

PaulLFC said:
Just found these in the registry, they're very well hidden, but hopefully it means some or all of them will come out at some point:

Geneforge 1-5
The Dream Machine Chapters 1&2 ("The Dream Machine is a point & click adventure game in five chapters, made by hand using materials such as clay and cardboard")
Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
Pixeljunk: Eden
Death Rally

I'll have a look if there's any more interesting stuff that hasn't been released yet.

I've been meaning to buy the episodes on the official site but if they may be coming to Steam I'll wait. Nice find.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LastWindow said:
I've been meaning to buy the episodes on the official site but if they may be coming to Steam I'll wait. Nice find.

I bought into the series about a year ago. Hopefully those who paid via the official site will receive Steam keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LastWindow said:
How do you like it? How long have the episodes been?

Turns out I lied: I bought the game back in May. It sure felt like a year ago!

Anyway, I love it. It's well-written, the art style is amazing (as you can tell by the screenshots alone) and the puzzles are quite good, too - challenging but not frustratingly so. Along with Machinarium the game is one of the better point-and-click adventure titles of recent years. It's been a while since I've played the game, but I think each episode took me around an hour to complete, maybe a little longer owing to a puzzle stumping me more for longer than it should have.

The de facto OT can be found here.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
iNvidious01 said:
how much space do you have dedicated to steam sounds better, i got 1x 2Tb drive for steam and origin but its a 90-10% ratio
I have 2TB drive for gaming in general. 997 GB has been used up.

Steam takes up 758GB.
My Emulators Folder has 105GB of stuff.
15GB is taken up by my WoW Install (Only played it for a few months, but there is no good reason to uninstall)
I have 27GB in uncompressed Fraps videos (So it is likely an entire 30 minutes of stuff :eek:)
16GB of Games For Windows Live games (You know, the games they sold for $1)
5.5GB of Sam and Max Games.
2GB For Ys Origin.
2.4GB taken up by Maple Story (I thought I deleted that... Well, lets do it now)
6.7GB taken up by Ubisoft games (You know, the games they sold for $1... Yes, like GFWL, but this time as a mistake)
A 3.3GB Temp folder with a Visio Install, which was just deleted.

Syphon Filter said:
Is FFVII still on the registry?
Yeah, Valve simply never takes stuff out it seems. Maybe someday it will come though, but likely it was held back due to some potential compatibly problems wither newer OSes.

JaseC said:
Turns out I lied: I bought the game back in May. It sure felt like a year ago!

Anyway, I love it. It's well-written, the art style is amazing (as you can tell by the screenshots alone) and the puzzles are quite good, too - challenging but not frustratingly so. Along with Machinarium the game is one of the better point-and-click adventure titles of recent years. It's been a while since I've played the game, but I think each episode took me around an hour to complete, maybe a little longer owing to a puzzle stumping more for longer than it should have.

The de facto OT can be found here.

Good to know. The art alone would make me play through it all. And I completely forgot about the OT; it's where I even learned of the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PaulLFC said:

7RyZI.png
The PixelJunk IP isn't actually owned by Sony, so maybe some sort of exclusive contract ran out.

Achamian

DyslexicAlucard said:
Hey, and friend and I are looking to put together a Dungeon Defenders 4 pack. Just reply to this post to let me know that you're down. You must have PayPal to pay him for your copy!

1. DyslexicAlucard
2. Meemo

I'm interested. Off to work shortly so may not reply for a while to any pms but would like to be in on this. :)

SmokyDave

PaulLFC said:

Death Rally

If this is a PC version of the iOS remake of Death Rally, I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom