• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

she can't handle all the gamerscore talk lol

Let's see, OT3, we've had e-peen measuring, GFWL shit, achievement/gamerscore... Hmm. We're halfway there! Now we just need steam game begging and the posting of that one cycle and that pretty much wraps it up.

edit: AND SALES TALK.

Card Boy

Banned
Speaking of shit are we going to have Neogaf Turd of the Year (TOTY) awards? I want to give my first vote to Duke Nukem Forever and my second to Call of Juarez: The Cartel.

Salsa

Duke Nukem Forever was great. Far from perfect, but really fun.

And god knows my taste is as refined as the oldest of wines.

markot

Banned
SalsaShark said:

Except that according to DAY OF THE TENTACLE, Wine that old turns to vinegar!

Card Boy

Banned
SalsaShark said:

So your wine taste is like vinegar?

Edit: Beaten!!!! lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stallion Free said:
I recently broke 20k gamerscore. Felt good.

Between my two tags I have over 30K gamerscore. According to math, that makes me more of a real gamer than any of you.

Salsa

Stallion Free said:
Sounds like someones gamerscore isn't even past 10k.

7LbCM.png

oh no i dont play enough crappy GFWL games!

Anilusion

I don't have 1000/1000 for any games. In fact, the only console game in which I have all achievements is Demon's Souls.

I'm pretty close to 1k with some games though (Nier, Vanquish, Oblivion).

Gvaz

Banned
SalsaShark said:
7LbCM.png

oh no i dont play enough crappy GFWL games!
5575 here

Generally I only get 20% of the achievements in a game or so. Batman is currently my highest completed at 70%. I have one other at 69%

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
come on guys no one likes when the thread gets derailed into forum games spam but everyone keeps participating in it because one little spam post won't hurt :p

Card Boy

Banned
markot said:
So, pretty great next 2 weeks.

Orcs Must Die
Dungeon Defenders
Renegade ops

!

For me

Renegade Ops
Stronghold 3
Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun
Football Manager 2012

Then in November
Lord of the Rings: WitN

All for free from GMG. I had a good run out of their referral system. I made over 600 bucks.

Gav47

Are there any skins that make Steam easier to use on a TV in a living room environment? i.e. 8+ feet away from the screen. I've been thinking of dragging my PC out into the living room so I can sit on my comfy couch and use a wireless controller.

The Library and Community tabs are nigh on impossible to use if your not close to the screen.

Gav47 said:
Are there any skins that make Steam easier to use on a TV in a living room environment? i.e. 8+ feet away from the screen. I've been thinking of dragging my PC out into the living room so I can sit on my comfy couch and use a wireless controller.

The Library and Community tabs are nigh on impossible to use if your not close to the screen.
There is a tile mode for the library that makes selecting games easier. Community? Not so much.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gav47 said:

Not really besides just using icon grid mode, but Steam is intending to implement a 10 foot interface ("comfy couch mode") fairly soon so presumably the UI will accommodate that. There's no specific date, but it was given its own press release announcement so clearly they find it to be an important feature.

Gez said:
For me

Renegade Ops
Stronghold 3
Dungeon Siege 3: Treasures of the Sun
Football Manager 2012

Then in November
Lord of the Rings: WitN

All for free from GMG. I had a good run out of their referral system. I made over 600 bucks.

Wtf man. I declare that to be an illegal amount of money!

Gav47

Thanks, tile mode is perfect. To bad about the rest of the tabs, hopefully the 10 foot mode isn't to far away from completion, I presume it will be a lot like the PS3 UI.

Neiteio

Someone tell me when the L4D+L4D2 bundle gets discounted, and/or when Metro gets discounted as well. Tempted to pick up Orcs Must Die but may wait it out for a price drop as well.

PaulLFC

Just found these in the registry, they're very well hidden, but hopefully it means some or all of them will come out at some point:

Geneforge 1-5
The Dream Machine Chapters 1&2 ("The Dream Machine is a point & click adventure game in five chapters, made by hand using materials such as clay and cardboard")
Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
Pixeljunk: Eden
Death Rally

I'll have a look if there's any more interesting stuff that hasn't been released yet.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
PaulLFC said:
Just found these in the registry, they're very well hidden, but hopefully it means some or all of them will come out at some point:

Geneforge 1-5
Holy shit I hope so. I'm replaying Geneforge 3 right now, the second weakest entry in the series, and it still has more choices and more complex politics then your average BioWare game. Possibly the most underrated RPG series ever.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
PaulLFC said:

Geneforge 1-5
The Dream Machine Chapters 1&2 ("The Dream Machine is a point & click adventure game in five chapters, made by hand using materials such as clay and cardboard")
Death Rally

I'll have a look if there's any more interesting stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Will double dip.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
PaulLFC said:

Geneforge 1-5
Death Rally

Hmmm, it would be a surprise to see a Pixeljunk game on Steam. I would most definitely double dip on Eden, though, dat soundtrack.

Death Rally is free at Remedy's website....interesting.

Vamphuntr

PaulLFC said:

Geneforge 1-5
Death Rally

Too bad I already got BG2 complete for 10$ on GOG. I'm in for Pixeljunk though.

Still wondering why KOTOR 2 isn't on steam while KOTOR is.

corn_fest

Wow, I thought PixelJunk was a Sony exclusive for sure. I'm going to stop buying PSN/XBLA/WiiWare games, it seems like they always end up on Steam eventually anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom