• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.nimrod

I need someone from the US that has any of the previous Serious Sam games on steam who can gift me and two of my friends copies of Serious Sam 3 to get the 20% off! (we're on a tight budget)

We can paypal in advance.

Jenks

Banned
Has anyone in the UK bought anything from Amazon USA download and activated the game on steam?
As Dungeon Defenders is on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the Serious Sam 3: BFE Serious Digital Edition earlier (quite the mouthful) and as such I have the first two classic Sam games to give away. In this case, the games are a package deal, so quote if you'd like them.

Edit: Our fortunate soul of the day is spk.

Chesskid1

Banned
I bought the Serious Sam 3: BFE Serious Digital Edition earlier (quite the mouthful) and as such I have the first two classic Sam games to give away. In this case, the games are a package deal, so quote if you'd like them.

hello :)

edit: oh yes! it's been on my wishlist!

actually i don't want them if they aren't the HD version. heh. i hope to pick them up during the christmas sale and might as well get HD ones! :p

PaulLFC

lO5tW.png

looks like they are gearing up for thanksgiving sale, or it could be nothing. added 3 packs just now.
There's also a FEAR Complete Pack with FEAR 1, 2 and 3.

I wish the Assassin's Creed Pack didn't include the Revelations preorder, I'd have bought the first 3 games if they were reasonably priced but that's just going to send the price of any bundle way up.

From that Cthulhu link:

We are very excited to be working on Rainslick Precipice of Darkness episode 3 in conjunction with Penny Arcade and hope you have a blast with it when it comes out in 2012.

When did they announce this? HOLY SHIT. I Love the first two, and I only paid for them 1,80€... Great news!

Also... Has the Indie Royale preorder have a fixed price? If you pay more than 11€ they just say "thanks for supporting indie games!". Maybe if you preorder they'll give you an extra game or DLC, but I don't know, I don't want to pay without knowing what games will they bundle together this time.

Not sure if I want to pre-order, I don't like not knowing what I'm buying.

Yup. I'd gladly pre-order to avoid the nuisance that happened in the first few hours of the last bundle, but they should at least tell us what games will be in it. I'm sure they have already decided the contents of the bundle by now, so what is the harm in telling a customer what he's paying for?

PaulLFC

'Really Big' bundle, Really Big Sky?
From the sounds of your open letter, you may well be right: "(Incidentally, 'Really Big' in its title is a reference to one of the included games and the scope/genre of the others, rather than it being a massive 1000-in-1 pack!)"

spindoctor said:
Yup. I'd gladly pre-order to avoid the nuisance that happened in the first few hours of the last bundle, but they should at least tell us what games will be in it. I'm sure they have already decided the contents of the bundle by now, so what is the harm in telling a customer what he's paying for?
Also this. I assume they want to preserve some sort of "secrecy" for people who don't preorder it, so they get the launch excitement like last time, but since they're not even announcing a proper release date now, I can't see that happening. I'll probably end up preordering it anyway in the end, but I don't like not being told what I'm buying or when exactly I'll get it.

For those too lazy, here's the Indie Royale open letter that details the preorder system and other changes.

Reading their Twitter, I've also found out that:
  • There's no preorder bonus, but they are considering something like that for future bundles.
  • The Really Big Bundle will be available next week
  • The 3.99$ preorder price is fixed. Once the bundle launches, if you haven't preordered you can't buy it at a minimum cost of 2.99$
  • Not a single game from the Really Big Bundle has ever been in a Humble Bundle nor a Indie Royale Bundle.

Blizzard

Banned
At least the Steam uninstaller no longer deletes the folder Steam resides in. I can't tell you how many times the bloody thing wiped my entire games folder.

"Oh, Steam is stuffing up again. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall."
*uses the uninstaller*
"Some Quake 3 couldn't hu-- OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD."

2003 was such a fun year.
Isn't that exactly what it still does, judging from the most recent person in this thread who did it?

why is Quake so expensive. It's like a million year old game, and I've never played it. Watching some frag videos and playing a bit of Deathmatch Classic with bots makes me really want to play the original.

But 9.99... that's pretty expensive for such an old game.

Lime

Is using a VPN to unlock AC an automatic ban on Steam? What if I actually travelled to the US and accessed my steam account from there? Couldn't that be an all right excuse?

plc268

Bought, then just realized that I'll probably have all those games :(.

Yup, the reason why I'm not going to preorder. No sense in buying the bundle if I already have all the games, or that they're games I won't like.

Besides, I can wait.

Is using a VPN to unlock AC an automatic ban on Steam? What if I actually travelled to the US and accessed my steam account from there? Couldn't that be an all right excuse?

Doubt it, people use VPNs all the time to unlock russian keys with very little problems. I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for using a VPN to unlock something.

plc268

Big sale incoming? My blotter got disabled, and I know steam tends to do stuff like that when they expect heavy traffic.

Edit: nevermind, blotter is back up. Still, should be a thanksgiving sale coming soon though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I know. Just not sure if it'll happen today, thursday, or friday. IIRC, last years happened on thursday.

Last years happened ON Thanksgiving and ran through the weekend. I imagine it will probably be the same this year.

The Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World pack has sold over 100,000 copies on Steam. They seem financially secure now, so that's pretty neat. If somebody can dig up that PC game sales figures thread, this might be good.

http://zeboyd.com/2011/11/21/cthulh...100000-copies-on-steam-in-less-than-4-months/
Good for them. I liked Breath of Death VII. Haven't Played Ctulhu Saves The World yet.

I'll pm you mine
Are you named after the band SPK?

JaseC

Isn't that exactly what it still does, judging from the most recent person in this thread who did it?

My post had a slight error in that I meant to say the Steam uninstaller no longer deletes the folder playing host to Steam's own installation folder (for example, if you installed Steam to C:\Games\Steam, the uninstaller would, by default, delete C:\Games). I suspect you may have rightfully misunderstood my post in its quoted form to mean that the Steam uninstaller no longer deletes Steam's own folder. Obviously, that's not the case, and if it were... well, the uninstaller wouldn't be doing its job very well at all.

morningbus

Pretty sure it started Wednesday last year.

Hm. Everything I've found on the 'nets from the time said it started on Thanksgiving.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/66606/shack-psa-steam-thanksgiving-sale

With Thanksgiving mere hours away, it's time for the game discounts to ramp up into overdrive as the big daddy of PC digital distribution, Steam, has unveiled its own Thanksgiving sale, 'Give & Get.' The Steam sale takes the form of one-day sales on individual titles and bulk packs, rotating each day until Monday, November 29.

confused

Banned
Hm. Everything I've found on the 'nets from the time said it started on Thanksgiving.

I guarantee you it was wednesday, as per Steam account history :

25 Nov 20104,49€ Purchase
Indie Story Pack

I'm pretty sure the indie packs were a part of the sale last year. Last year the 25th was wednesday.

morningbus

I guarantee you it was wednesday, as per Steam account history :

25 Nov 20104,49€ Purchase
Indie Story Pack

I'm pretty sure the indie packs were a part of the sale last year. Last year the 25th was wednesday.

My calender says that November 25th, 2010 was a Thursday.

But it does appear that the sale began the day before Thanksgiving last year, as that Shacknews article I posted had deals in it and was posted on the 24th.

confused

Banned
Most fitting user name ever, bro.

Ninja edit baby. anyway, from the steam News archives :

Pre-Holiday "Give & Get" Sale Starts Now!
Press Releases - Valve 24 Nov 2010
The "Give & Get" Sale starts today and ends Tuesday, November 30. Each day during the sale there will be huge savings on featured games and large game packs that are perfect for gift-giving throughout the holidays. In the spirit of giving, each day of the sale, Valve will be awarding 30 users with the top five games on their wishlists. To become eligible to win, simply load up your own wishlist with ten or more items now.

Linkylink

JaseC

I hope Valve offer to fulfil wishlists again. And I hope I win.

Did any of last year's winners speak up? I'd like to know how many had then-unavailable items on their list (e.g. Rage and The Witcher 2).

svegis

Might have a midweek madness for Amanita Design games, Machinarium and Samorost2.
Both are down 50%, 4,24€ and 1,99€. No timer on either store page though, so it might just be another reason for them to be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom