• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Any reason Darksiders runs like shit for me on a Q9450 and a 460gtx @1080p? I'm saying it drops as low as 25fps. Only have V-Sync on through the game itself, so no control panel stuff or other shenanigans. turning Vsync off does nothing.

Vamphuntr

Does anyone know how I could figure out the Hex values for 1440x1080 for Cold Fear? The game obviously doesn't have proper widescreen support, but it would be nice to have it fill my vertical resolution. Info is here: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/cold-fear though as I said, they are wrong about it being widescreen, the game is just stretching.

If I do this will I get problem with steam because I replaced the .exe? Will definetly put a 16:9 resolution If I can.

11GB Witcher 2 patch? I got a 60.1MB patch, and also the 900MB patch for RO2.

Not sure what it hates about my W2 files, but yea, the whole thing, again. I don't care but it's strange because this hasn't happened since launch.

Yeah, it has worked fine during the last couple of patches....

Yep, I've done before.

That must have been like a kajillion bytes lost!
KuGsj.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
anyone figure out what's gonna be in the next indie royale bundle? comin in a few days

I don't think anything has leaked via the Steam registry yet. I'd imagine they would try to keep it closer to the chest for the future bundles.

Chesskid1

Banned
anyone figure out what's gonna be in the next indie royale bundle? comin in a few days

the only thing that resembles a indie bundle added lately is called the dejobaan complete pack. 3 pack of games made by dejobaan. just a guess though, otherwise we have no clue. only 2 days away so we'll see. they have separate game keys so hard to track em through registry. for example the last indieroyale bundle, the only thing that was added to registry was "Scoregasm" and no other info.

Forkball

Living in a "third world country" kinda sucks sometimes. 60 kb/s is my max speed. When I said next week I meant literally :p

I didn't know we had so many Canadian GAFfers.

What are the chances Sonic Generations PC will go on sale during Black Friday? 100%?

Nabs

I didn't know we had so many Canadian GAFfers.

What are the chances Sonic Generations PC will go on sale during Black Friday? 100%?

Yeah, it's definitely going on sale somewhere. It's a great buy at $25, so a sale will make it even sweeter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least the Steam uninstaller no longer deletes the folder the Steam folder itself resides in. I can't tell you how many times the bloody thing wiped my entire games directory.

"Oh, Steam is stuffing up again. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall."
*uses the uninstaller*
"Some Quake 3 couldn't hu-- OH, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD."

2003 was such a fun year.

The Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World pack has sold over 100,000 copies on Steam. They seem financially secure now, so that's pretty neat. If somebody can dig up that PC game sales figures thread, this might be good.

http://zeboyd.com/2011/11/21/cthulh...100000-copies-on-steam-in-less-than-4-months/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447650

graywolf323

if the minimum for the next bundle is going to start at $2.99 I'm willing to pay $3.99 now so I don't have to worry about getting there right at the very start

mannerbot

if the minimum for the next bundle is going to start at $2.99 I'm willing to pay $3.99 now so I don't have to worry about getting there right at the very start

No, I believe the minimum for this particular bundle is going to be $3.99, as it's "big." Future bundles will have a $2.99 preorder though.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I got a new job this summer that has me working MUCH more than my old job (where I worked from home). So now I'm a card-carrying member of the "buy games I won't play" club.

I used to mock you all, too :(

One of us, one of us!

I got a new job this summer that has me working MUCH more than my old job (where I worked from home). So now I'm a card-carrying member of the "buy games I won't play" club.

I used to mock you all, too :(

One of us, one of us!

Same here, although it is not that I don't have free time, but more like no rig to play on. Instead of playing games, I'm having fun buying them. Crazy stuff

Chesskid1

Banned
they should tell us what formats the games are in before they release em.

like i know one of the bundles is alpha funding bundle, so games in alpha ie no chance they are on steam.

for that reason, i will not preorder.

edit: and i see there is no countdown anymore :(

mrgone

I implore you, Steam registry wizards, cast your bearded gaze into the milky haze of the future and tell us if this will be the bundle with Bastion!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
they should tell us what formats the games are in before they release em.

like i know one of the bundles is alpha funding bundle, so games in alpha ie no chance they are on steam.

for that reason, i will not preorder.

edit: and i see there is no countdown anymore :(
We'll be removing a strict schedule of one Indie Royale bundle every two weeks. You can still sign up or follow us to find out when the bundle goes live. And we won't be changing our general concept and list of upcoming bundles. But we're continuing to target the near-term for the next Really Big Bundle, which will now launch shortly after the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday.
I guess it'll be a Sega Saturn launch.

So if someone is playing on the PC, can i play, at the same time, another game on the imac? (using the same steam account, duh)
The account can be only be online on one computer at a time, you can play a game in offline mode on one computer while the account is online somewhere else though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So if someone is playing on the PC, can i play, at the same time, another game on the imac? (using the same steam account, duh)

Only if you switch to Steam's Offline Mode on one of the systems (this does work; I just ran a test). Concurrent active log-ins are not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom