• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE! was going to buy aquaria on the weekend during the supermeatboy sale but waited as I was playing skyrim still. Now i got it + 5 other games for the same price :) <3 humble

Dave Long

Banned
The only good thing for me with the Steam sales now is I've bought almost everything I wanted in a previous sale so they're less tempting.

Skyrim during the Christmas sale will nail me, though. Probably Rage too...

I'm afraid I don't know, but someone mentioned earlier on the page that Notch (Minecraft guy) was playing the game on a Macbook Air using Parallels. I don't know if that's free, and I'm guessing you don't have Bootcamp if you're asking, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try assuming the Mac WINE version lets you install Steam.
Yeah, the Mac version of WINE actually comes with a pre-packaged version of Steam, it's just that not all games that are on Steam work with it. About the only games I've been able to play successfully through the WINE version of Steam for Mac have been GoldSrc engine games and Magnetis.

Silex

Is using a VPN to unlock AC an automatic ban on Steam? What if I actually travelled to the US and accessed my steam account from there? Couldn't that be an all right excuse?

I believe that using a VPN to buy games will probably mean a ban... But using a VPN just to unlock games shouldn't be a problem.

Gav47

Is using a VPN to unlock AC an automatic ban on Steam? What if I actually travelled to the US and accessed my steam account from there? Couldn't that be an all right excuse?

Once you have unlocked a game you have to keep Steam offline (unless you are planning on using the VPN until the game is available in your region) otherwise Steam will lock the game, delete the game files and redownload them. It's still worth it in my opinion as your probably going to end up only playing that game until the official release in your region

I have a Humble Introversion Bundle Steam code to give away. I realised that I owned all of the games already too late, haha. <3 Steam. At least I get a couple of soundtracks!

First quote gets it.

XeroSauce

I have a Humble Introversion Bundle Steam code to give away. I realised that I owned all of the games already too late, haha. <3 Steam. At least I get a couple of soundtracks!

First quote gets it.

I'd love it but I don't need Aquaria and Crayon Physics, since I own them.

Extra words are my folly!

Askani

I have extra Steam keys for Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe. Trading them for a copy of Skyrim or Batman: Arkaham City. I only have your best interests at heart. Don't pass up on this sweet deal.

Or you can just have them. Quote for a PM.

Kammie

I have extra Steam keys for Aquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe. Trading them for a copy of Skyrim or Batman: Arkaham City. I only have your best interests at heart. Don't pass up on this sweet deal.

Or you can just have them. Quote for a PM.

Can I get them?

Edit: Got it! Thanks once again! :)

I was hoping that when Arkham City came out the "PC" at the end would be gone.

Haha I was hoping for the same thing. Speaking of the game do we know if we get double the cheevos: Steam and GFWL, or just Steam? I downloaded/installed it last night but didn't get to play it yet.

masterkajo

Haha I was hoping for the same thing. Speaking of the game do we know if we get double the cheevos: Steam and GFWL, or just Steam? I downloaded/installed it last night but didn't get to play it yet.

I recall someone saying that both achievements pop up at the same time. So I guess we get both - that is if you are signed in to GFWL - some say it is optional.

Wichu

There's a Cave Story+ now? I have been way out of the loop.

It's a port of the WiiWare release (with an added level?). It came out on the Mac App Store a while back, but it's only out on Steam now.

Also, I got a free copy thanks to the awesome guys at Nicalis doing a giveaway on Twitter. Now I have no excuse to play it. I'm still going to get the 3DS version eventually :)

Double sound for the double pop-ups would be amazing and probably to much awesome for me to handle. Now I just have to wait until I get home from work to play.

PaulLFC

Is there a setting which controls which Library view Steam defaults to? I use List view, but for some reason lately, Steam defaults to Detail view every time I click Library. I'm sure it never used to do this, and I've no idea why it's started to do it now.

Wichu

Cool, I've been wanting to play this. Can anyone comment on the resolution support?

640x480 native resolution, and 1280x960 scaled (using nearest neighbour scaling, i.e. pixel perfect) or any resolution (including fullscreen) using the standard blurry resizing algorithm. It will letterbox if the window isn't 4:3, though.

EDIT: Screens:
i3FkKEBQlRxgz.png
jgtL33K4Opadw.png

Old graphics on the left, new graphics on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom