• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionic

If I play Skyrim with Steam/Cloud down will this affect my saves or anything?

The game will play and save fine, but the next time you open the game while connected to the cloud it will probably ask you if you want to download the saves in the cloud (which will be old by then) to your computer, or use your local saves and upload those to the cloud.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
640x480 native resolution, and 1280x960 scaled (using nearest neighbour scaling, i.e. pixel perfect) or any resolution (including fullscreen) using the standard blurry resizing algorithm. It will letterbox if the window isn't 4:3, though.

Can it be run in windowed mode?

The game will play and save fine, but the next time you open the game while connected to the cloud it will probably ask you if you want to download the saves in the cloud (which will be old by then) to your computer, or use your local saves and upload those to the cloud.

thanks

Smash88

Banned
Batman: Arkham City is so good, it isn't only once on the top sellers list, and not twice, but three times.

hRPpj.jpg

Gav47

Just a heads up to those that are still waiting for Batman Arkham City to unlock in their region you can start preloading now by pasting steam://install/57400 into your web browser (if you are using Chrome select the line that has the world globe beside it rather than the eye glass)

LQX

Fucking Steam. I exited because it was taking long to sync and when I restarted all categories where gone. Now I cant get connected.

Relax.MX

EDIT:

cYNcv.jpg

Fucking Steam. I exited because it was taking long to sync and when I restarted all categories where gone. Now I cant get connected.

Same here...and The Witcher 2 are now 0% of redownload(was 70%)...

I really regret getting this game on Steam, i redownload the game like 5 times...fuck you Steam...

ArjanN

Same here...and The Witcher 2 are now 0% of redownload(was 70%)...

I really regret getting this game on Steam, i redownload the game like 5 times...fuck you Steam...

It's not really at 0%. It's only at 0% of the 30% you still had left to download.

I can't even boot Dota 2 now, it just gets stuck on "Preparing to launch". I deleted .blob and such and it's not helping at all. Guess the servers are just getting completely hammered right now.

Edit: Setting my server location to Ukraine (oh, how those servers constantly save me) fixed the problem, hooray!

LQX

My categories disappeared too. Anyone know what's going on?

Just made post about this. Lost all my categories which took forever to organize being that I have so many games. Fuck them, they better fix this shit.

Plus Skyrim which I just downloaded wont start and it seem to be on Steams end.

Ionic

Word on the street is there is some kind of server maintenance going down. I guess we just wait it out. I hear that playing games in offline mode works though.

dream

I was about to beg for help because my Steam hangs on "preparing to launch" for every game too. Glad it's not just me...I guess...

Oh god, I think my cloud saves are fucked. Been sitting on "finishing sync" for the last 15mins, tried playing SR3 offline...I has no saves....I will spaz out.

PaulLFC

Looks like there's definitely something happening for Thanksgiving. New packs have been added: Hearts of Iron 3 Complete November 2011, Cities in Motion Complete and Operation Flashpoint Complete.

Edit: Also a Might and Magic pack containing Dark Messiah, Clash of Heroes and Heroes of Might & Magic 5.

Looks like there's definitely something happening for Thanksgiving. New packs have been added: Hearts of Iron 3 Complete November 2011, Cities in Motion Complete and Operation Flashpoint Complete.

Edit: Also a Might and Magic pack containing Dark Messiah, Clash of Heroes and Heroes of Might & Magic 5.

Sweet, the demo sold me on Heroes V. I already have CoH, but wouldn't mind double dipping.

jkoch

I can't even boot Dota 2 now, it just gets stuck on "Preparing to launch". I deleted .blob and such and it's not helping at all. Guess the servers are just getting completely hammered right now.

Edit: Setting my server location to Ukraine (oh, how those servers constantly save me) fixed the problem, hooray!

I'm trying to play Super Meat Boy and also get stuck on "Preparing to launch."

Erudite

We never got today's midweek madness. Also, Machinarium and Samorost 2 are not on sale anymore (weird).
We probably didn't get a Midweek because there's going to be a big Thanksgiving sale come Thursday, if last year's sale around this time is any indication.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like there's definitely something happening for Thanksgiving. New packs have been added: Hearts of Iron 3 Complete November 2011, Cities in Motion Complete.
Paradox just happens to be releasing these now. We already knew about them.

dani_dc

Damn, Steam sales as soon as tomorrow and I won't have any money available until the end of the week.

Well at least I have 2.5 euros on my Steam wallet.

pilonv1

Paradox just happens to be releasing these now. We already knew about them.

Yeah they're on GreenManGaming too. Nothing to do with any sale.

Is Batman AC back on the Australian steam store yet? Not that I'm buying it at US$99, just curious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah they're on GreenManGaming too. Nothing to do with any sale.

Is Batman AC back on the Australian steam store yet? Not that I'm buying it at US$99, just curious.

It left?

Edit: It was there 12 hours ago. :/ I noticed it had disappeared from the front page lists, but it was still accessible via a search.

Blizzard

Banned
Ok...steam dont work for me...the games dont start...
I just tried launching Shatter and it worked for me.

Side note for whoever was asking about games requiring the Steam client: Apparently they are rare but do exist. Aaaaaa! is apparently like that, and I just tested myself to verify that Audiosurf doesn't require the Steam client to be running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom