• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Psh, looks like only Orcs Must Die may be bought today. You guys are crazy. You guys.

*edit* That game has like, a ton of DLC though right? I'm not super happy about that! Maybe my e-rage will keep me from buying it after all.

bestami

I was confident of myself since i have like 200 games on steam that there wouldn't be so many games on sales that i'm interested in.

I was wrong :(.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Psh, looks like only Orcs Must Die may be bought today. You guys are crazy. You guys.

I would highly recommend Orcs Must Die.

Initially I was looking forward to Dungeon Defenders more, but the IGN prime trial allowed me to get OMD. Turned out to be so much better, and probably my favorite Tower Defense game since playing custom maps in WCIII.

You are in full control of your character. Set traps and fight. You can fully build trap mazes for enemies and sit back, or you can upgrade your guy and base him off that. They have trap upgrades you can earn. Also effects you can purchase into, etc. they really give you a lot of options and for the most part, its all fun. Its actually fun to play during waves.

DTKT

For anyone who might be interested in the Men of War serise. Don't buy Vietnam. Buy either the first MoW + Red Tide + Assault squad(only if you want more).

Blizzard

Banned
Renegade Ops pack is nuts

Damn is Orcs a mistake?
There are 5 other things on the front page for 75% off, why would it be a mistake?

I would highly recommend Orcs Must Die.

Initially I was looking forward to Dungeon Defenders more, but the IGN prime trial allowed me to get OMD. Turned out to be so much better, and probably my favorite Tower Defense game since playing custom maps in WCIII.

You are in full control of your character. Set traps and fight. You can fully build trap mazes for enemies and sit back, or you can upgrade your guy and base him off that. They have trap upgrades you can earn. Also effects you can purchase into, etc. they really give you a lot of options and for the most part, its all fun. Its actually fun to play during waves.
Oh I know, I played the demo. I'm just not a fan of games that have a ton of paid DLC for more weapons or maps or trap types whatever. I haven't actually looked into the prices yet.

*edit* The DLC is $1.61, I might give in to weak morals and buy it anyway. ;(

Thank goodness I canceled my Batman Pre-order. Now I'm sitting on $40 in my steam wallet waiting to be spent.

Looks like Orcs Must Die and Renegade Ops for me today!

Forkball

A bunch of other games are on sale too. From my wishlist:

Red Orchestra 2: $27 (33%)
Fable III: $33 (33%)
Two Worlds II: $20 (50%)
Sid Meier's Pirates: $6 (33%)
Puzzle Agent 2: $6 (33%)
Yosumin: $6 (33%)
Dungeon Siege 3: $33 (33%)
Costume Quest: $7.50 (50%)
Hard Reset: $15 (50%)
Legend of Fae: $5 (50%)
Disciples III: $10 (50%)
Rock of Ages: $5 (50%)
Chantelise: $5 (50%)
Limbo: $5 (50%)

Sober

Not a daily deal but all of Fallout: New Vegas DLC are 50% off right now. May get a deeper discount but for anyone with the PC version without them this sale might be a good time to pick em up if not when they are featured then by the end. The 4 episodes total out to 20$ basically.

Akkad

Banned
Not a daily deal but all of Fallout: New Vegas DLC are 50% off right now. May get a deeper discount but for anyone with the PC version without them this sale might be a good time to pick em up if not when they are featured then by the end. The 4 episodes total out to 20$ basically.

Thanks dude, I've been waiting for Lonesome Road to go down to complete all DLC I have.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
So far I'm safe. Hard Reset is also 50% off, but I'm going to wait for the Holiday Sale where it will probably be even cheaper at some point.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

What are the chances this goes down in price even more as a Daily Deal?

ShaneB

Oh god, why did you remind me to check my wishlist :(

Forkball

Dungeon Defenders is 50% off. I will be patient.

ALSO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A DAILY DEAL YOU NEVER KNOW MAN YOU NEVER KNOW.

Mrbob

Oh wow at the Renegade Ops 4 pack and Orcs Must Die sale.

Orcs Must Die has been hanging around top 20 on and off, crazy deal. Must buy at under 4 bucks. DLC is on sale for 75 percent off too, so I'm going to pick that up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom