• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdnv

Ahahahhaaaaaa, do you guys know how awesome it feels when you had no idea that there was about to be a sale?
I always anticipate the summer and holiday sales, so they don't surprise me. But today I was just going to check on the Daily Deal, and then I am greeted by this awesome sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ahahahhaaaaaa, do you guys know how awesome it feels when you had no idea that there was about to be a sale?
I always anticipate the summer and holiday sales, so they don't surprise me. But today I was just going to check on the Daily Deal, and then I am greeted by this awesome sale.

At first I thought you were talking about the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guess I'll just have to wait till the site fully updates to look though all the daily deals, and update my wishlist.

Inside a Star Fill Sky is $2, and still looks really cool.

BTW the news post calls it "our huge, annual Steam Autumn Sale", so I guess it's going to happen every year.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6844/

Firebrand

I think the consensus on the PC port of the game is a sour one.
Not really. There were some odd threading bugs that made it freeze every few seconds on some setups, but once that got patched it's been really smooth for me; runs at 60 FPS on two cores, with very little lag in online multiplayer.

It's a really great game, one of my favorite releases this year.

Santini

Looking to join in on a Renegade Ops 4 pack if any slots are still open.

Will pay via PayPal.

I look forward to your PM's. =)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thread moving fast, so I'll highlight this...

If anyone got the IGN Prime Trial for Orcs Must Die a while back

You should still have a little bit of time left on the trial, and you can now get King Arthur for free as well.

plc268

Bulletstorm is 7.50 i believe at d2drive? or gamersgate or something and it's steamworks, but still 9 dollars isn't bad. I will buy at the end of the sale.

Bulletstorm is EA. Yea, I know it's been cheaper elsewhere, but I rather have the game on steam than deal with Origin more than I have to. Besides, I can't see them discounting bulletstorm any more than they have, but even if they do, oh well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Paradox is a listed dev on the sale. If Sengoku goes 75% off I'll pick it up as a christmas gift for my friend who is crazy for Japan and Strategy, though if both Sonic and Alice go on sale for 75% off, that would mean I miss one of them, because I only have $15 to go. I won't pass one up on hopes of the other, though. First to sale is first to be bought.

Flunkie

Banned
Thread moving fast, so I'll highlight this...

If anyone got the IGN Prime Trial for Orcs Must Die a while back

You should still have a little bit of time left on the trial, and you can now get King Arthur for free as well.

Thanks, got my free game that I'll never play. :p

Tomodachi

Checked my wishlist, MIND=BLOWN

There are tons of games at 50%!
I think I'll stick to daily offers and get all the rest the last day. No wait, I'll get only the daily offers, then wait for christmas sale. My backlog is so big I really don't need to... I don't need to... OH GOD VALVE WHY?!

Checked my wishlist, MIND=BLOWN

There are tons of games at 50%!
I think I'll stick to daily offers and get all the rest the last day. No wait, I'll get only the daily offers, then wait for christmas sale. My backlog is so big I really don't need to... I don't need to... OH GOD VALVE WHY?!

Some of the smaller titles are probably safe to get now. I've got a lot of mostly unknown stuff on my wishlist that's cheap and I know it won't be a daily deal. I'm not sure what's on yours though.

One other thing- has Stranger's Wrath received the promised upgrades yet? Or is it still supposed to?

Suppose to when the PS3 version comes out. Probably after the holidays. It's suppose to finally fix the issues AIT users (such as myself) have had with the game ever since it came out.

1-D_FTW

Bulletstorm is EA. Yea, I know it's been cheaper elsewhere, but I rather have the game on steam than deal with Origin more than I have to. Besides, I can't see them discounting bulletstorm any more than they have, but even if they do, oh well.

It's also from Epic, which is the reason it's GFWL.

Which is the reason I'll wait for a deeper cut.

*Shudders* at the Origin/GFWL combo though. Ick. I feel dirty even typing that.

Tomodachi

Some of the smaller titles are probably safe to get now. I've got a lot of mostly unknown stuff on my wishlist that's cheap and I know it won't be a daily deal. I'm not sure what's on yours though.
Bastion, From Dust, M&M: Clash of Heroes, Back to the Future, Dead Island (those are 33%).
New Vegas, Dirt 3 (50%).

I don't know, I think some of them could get even prettier deals, I think none of them is too obscure.

Bastion, From Dust, M&M: Clash of Heroes, Back to the Future, Dead Island (those are 33%).
New Vegas, Dirt 3 (50%).

I don't know, I think some of them could get even prettier deals, I think none of them is too obscure.

Ah, yeah, I'd hold off on buying any of those right now.

New Vegas, Dirt 3 (50%).

At the very least I would expect those deals to be matched during the Christmas sale, so there shouldn't be any harm in waiting to see if they get cheaper during that sale.

Ah, I've been waiting for a price drop on Orcs Must Die! Much better deal than I was expecting.

So is anyone gonna make a thread for the Autumn sale? Is it thread-worthy? I seem to recall there being a thread last year.

naib

Might get Orcs and maybe ME2. Still haven't played much of ME1.
I've got so many unplayed Steam games..

If only Anno 2070 would go on sale. Too soon I'm sure.

Kind of funny how Duke is already at 6.80$. 2$ less and the appropriate amount of Alcohol would make a purchase for me.
For real. :lol

I already have Portal 2 on 360 (only to play co-op with my brother), but I think I might get it for PC now as well, $10 is a great price for one of the best games of the year.

jayTOH

Can someone rip or get the link to Steam's background image with their mascots on it, please? I'd like to save it, but I have no clue where to look for the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom