• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just tried launching Shatter and it worked for me.

Side note for whoever was asking about games [not] requiring the Steam client: Apparently they are rare but do exist. Aaaaaa! is apparently like that, and I just tested myself to verify that Audiosurf doesn't require the Steam client to be running.

Ditto for Breath of Death VII and Call of Cthulhu Cthulhu Saves the World. They're my go-to examples.

Edit: My brain was asleep.

confused

Banned
We probably didn't get a Midweek because there's going to be a big Thanksgiving sale come Thursday, if last year's sale around this time is any indication.

If it started on thursday we would still have a midweek deal that would run from tuesday through thursday.

It starts today (wednesday), I dare to bet a $5 game on it.

NBtoaster

Anyone in Australia remember Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's launch price? I swear it was showing as $50 before, now it's $80. Revelations shows as $90 as well. They adding the "Aussie tax" to previous games now too?

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone in Australia remember Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's launch price? I swear it was showing as $50 before, now it's $80. Revelations shows as $90 as well. They adding the "Aussie tax" to previous games now too?

It was 49.99USD and if you pre-orded you got the free Deluxe upgrade. I know cause i bought it at launch last year (or earlier this year i think it was)

Yep Aussie tax on older games now.

I'm not logging on, for fear of my Cloud Saves.

It's pretty ironic if you think about it.

I am going to backup my saves on my drive. The stupid part is that steam starts automatically when I boot up the computer. So if it wants it could potentially fry them all before I can get to the save files...

benjipwns

Banned
The current beta says:
- Fixed missing CD-Key dialog for games with multiple launch options
- Fixed cloud upload failures for some games when users are near their quota
Might be related to that?

Echoplx

You guys are panicking over one guys reported issue, I had the game not starting bug and I restarted Steam and everything was fine.

svegis

It would actually be nice to look at my steam cloud itself, with what's in there.

I agree, and possibly an opt-in for people who see themselves as savvy to delete what's there if they want to. Or the option to manually upload(under strict scrutiny, of course), files like autoexec.cfg and other configs you might have, that for all I know do not get clouded.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
looks like Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale & Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters will be on sale this week
I wonder how much. Chantelise actually appeals to me despite being the most grindingest grindfest that ever ground a grind (outside of developing lvl3 storm rider flight for free in champions online)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Since you're talking about Carpe Fulgur, have they said anything new about Fortune Summoners? First game of theirs I'm really interested in...

Blizzard

Banned
I'm all ready, guys. I'm ready to read a bunch of posts going "FUUU MY WALLET" while I respond smugly, "Psh you guys are crazy, I'll probably not buy much."

Forkball

I'm all ready, guys. I'm ready to read a bunch of posts going "FUUU MY WALLET" while I respond smugly, "Psh you guys are crazy, I'll probably not buy much."

Honestly, there's not many big titles that I want that I expect to go on sale. I will probably cave on a myriad of indie deals though.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh fuck. Go easy on me, Valve.

My wallet weeps.

I think I'll wait for Christmas even if there's stuff I want - will be cheaper then, I imagine.
Psh, you guy are crazy. The stuff on my wishlist hardly ever goes on sale, it'll no doubt be too expensive for me to buy. I will probably not spend much money this sale. etc.

Anilusion

Ed5xK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom